Just read an article that called out Blackberry for being Plain and Boring...
    While at least giving Playbook some credit I dont agree with bashing Blackberrys 'stereotype.'
    The Playbook’s Position In The Tablet Race | Front Side Bus - Gadget, Technology, and Science News

Give em **** lol
    06-04-11 06:37 PM
    I don't see the problem with this article. In fact, the last sentence is more or less accurate: "Blackberry Playbook has the potential to win the tablet race, just not at this very moment as it lacks the quality apps which Apple and Android readily deliver."

People want apps. Plain and simple. Good apps make for a good tablet experience, this is what differentiates tablets from laptops. The PB will get there, but my gut tells me that RIM underestimated the effort it would take to properly launch a tablet. Even Android tablets are not quite up to par, the only one getting very good reviews is the new Galaxy Tab 10.1.

So it's just a matter of time, which is what the article is stating. I don't see any bashing here.
    06-04-11 07:01 PM
    Not towards the tablet, more towards RIM phones 'plain and boring.'
    I agree, playbook wise, it's well written.
    06-04-11 07:08 PM
    Its a straightforward review. Realistic.
    06-04-11 07:13 PM
    i didnt read the article but based on peoples non pitchfork and torch grabbing attitude hes right. the playbook atm is lacking but getting there, were as the the phones are blan, vanilla, plain jane, boring, and lacking the oooo and ahhhhh factor that the other phones have (except the windows phone, i managed to break one today in the at&t store).
    ok i just read it and i can't for the life of me disagree with anything he said. he didn't basha descent device kinda said the truth no matter how much you may not like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by drethos; 06-04-11 at 08:27 PM.
    06-04-11 08:17 PM
    I use my 9700 for email, text, talk, media (music/youtube/pictures), camera and video, surfing too much, games, travel, maps/traffic, twitter, facebook, IM+, weather, radio (love tune in), dictionary...good lord, what more can I do with it...plus it has a two day battery life. Please bore me some more RIM...by the way I also love my playbook but do agree with that assessment.
    06-04-11 08:31 PM
    The torch is anything but boring and the Playbook is in its infancy but fast maturing.

06-04-11 08:39 PM
    So, this guy is just saying that the Playbook suffers the same as Mac OS in terms of gaming?
    06-04-11 09:41 PM
    The torch is anything but boring and the Playbook is in its infancy but fast maturing.

The playbook is a great piece of hardware and is desirable if it upgrades usability. The Torch is horrible
    06-04-11 09:53 PM
    Without native email and a Kindle app the only people the PB appeals to right now are BlackBerry users. It's inexcusable RIM released the PB without a Kindle app. At least it would've appealed to a broader group then. The PB isn't bad just not finished. People who didn't research and are now complaining about it I have zero sympathy for.
    06-04-11 10:20 PM
    So, this guy is just saying that the Playbook suffers the same as Mac OS in terms of gaming?

No, basically that it has potential (such as need for speed) but lacks the product (apps) to capitalize on that potential.
    06-04-11 10:29 PM
    He's about right, the phones are plain and boring, that's actually why I use them. They do exactly what I want and notifications are more reliable than any other device I've used. I'll take plain and boring and reliable over the alternative any day. The phone that comes closest to notification reliability is my palm pre. My android phone is hit or miss whether i'll get any notifications on any given day. I'm not just talking email notifications here, twitter, Facebook etc all work perfectly on a plain and boring blackberry.

He was pretty fair to the playbook.

06-05-11 08:33 AM
    so in a month or two this is the best tablet then. hands down. if all it needs is a few more games. we all know their coming. Android player and more should do it. For now I'm more than happy with it. Fcuk it. I love PB!!
    06-05-11 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD