Ok so everyone is stoked for devcon and with the earnings call that stated devcon was the moment RIM was willing to reveal the date for OS2 there has been, and is going to be lots more speculation on the release of OS2 over the next week.

Lets keep the speculation to one thread to cut down on the congestion in the forums.

ITS TIME TO PLACE YOUR BETS!!!!

I want to see your posts with the release date and reason for choosing it. Put on your tin foil hats and give us a little insight from your excited little brain.

Personally I believe that OS2 will be released on the first day of devcon...Y you ask?

My reason - Why would rim give out shinny new playbooks to all that attend on the verge of a new OS release with an old OS?

Some of you might recall the message being that the OS would drop following Devcon...I believe our buddies at RIM are starting to learn some PR rules.... Never set a date. Always say its coming later then it really is... No one ever complains about an early arival, they do however pounce on a "60 day" promise.

Thats my bet...first day of devcon

LET THE SPECULATION MILL BEGIN!

(p.s. maybe some higher ups could throw in some discounts to the crackberry app store for the winners... you know just to sweeten the deal )
    10-11-11 09:08 PM
    11-11-11

why you ask? because 1+1=2
    10-11-11 09:28 PM
    Ok so everyone is stoked for devcon and with the earnings call that stated devcon was the moment RIM was willing to reveal the date for OS2 there has been, and is going to be lots more speculation on the release of OS2 over the next week.

Lets keep the speculation to one thread to cut down on the congestion in the forums.

ITS TIME TO PLACE YOUR BETS!!!!

I want to see your posts with the release date and reason for choosing it. Put on your tin foil hats and give us a little insight from your excited little brain.

Personally I believe that OS2 will be released on the first day of devcon...Y you ask?

My reason - Why would rim give out shinny new playbooks to all that attend on the verge of a new OS release with an old OS?

Some of you might recall the message being that the OS would drop following Devcon...I believe our buddies at RIM are starting to learn some PR rules.... Never set a date. Always say its coming later then it really is... No one ever complains about an early arival, they do however pounce on a "60 day" promise.

Thats my bet...first day of devcon

LET THE SPECULATION MILL BEGIN!

(p.s. maybe some higher ups could throw in some discounts to the crackberry app store for the winners... you know just to sweeten the deal )
    Probably because the minimum registration fee is just shy of 900 and caps at 1799 (package deal)
    10-11-11 09:39 PM
    I'll take whatever slot is left open.
    10-11-11 09:40 PM
    I'll take whatever slot is left open.
    how about 12-21-12...I hear its the end of the world... I'd sure lov me some autocorrect before the world explodes
    10-11-11 09:43 PM
    OS 2 Release

Devcon tablets: sometime during the event

Public Release: 10/25 - Allowing Devcon users to beta the update

Android Player Release:

11/15 - Gives RIM time to distribute 2.0 PB with updated packaging and media campaign just in time for black Friday.

Any earlier will just be a bonus.
    10-11-11 09:53 PM
    11/15 - because theyll want to get it out before black friday with just enough time to create some hype.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 10:06 PM
    I'm guessing 3 to 6 weeks after their announced date.
    10-11-11 10:13 PM
    11/8, public release. It is "after" Devcon, but long enough before Black Friday to market heavily, and its a Tuesday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 10:25 PM
    18th November (2011).

Reasons...? I don't need no steenkin' reasons...!
    10-12-11 12:16 AM
    I think Summer. It's summer somewhere...all the time.
    10-12-11 12:18 AM
    Sometime thereafter DevCon. But which one...

Americas 18-20 October 2011
    Asia 7-8 December 2011
    or
    Europe 7-8 February 2012

My guess, 19th April 2012, Start of Year 2, Yearly release of a new OS.
    10-12-11 12:40 AM
    Having it released the first day of dev con would be great.

While it is confirmed people will get the PB, will they get it on day one?
    10-12-11 12:43 AM
    My prediction: It will be released "60 days" after a "coming soon" announcement to be made in the summer of an unspecified year. My reason - historical precidence of RIM's behaviour. In short, past behaviour predicts future behaviour.
    10-12-11 01:45 AM
    I agree with the OP, first day of Devcon.

Why? Giving out PBs at Devcon without OS2 seems insane. The CEOs may have overstated some timelines, but I assume they're not insane.
    10-12-11 02:23 AM
    29th May

Its my birthday
    10-12-11 07:00 AM
    The Tuesday before the Fire comes out. it'll give potential fire customers something to think about.
    10-12-11 07:58 AM
    December 2nd..just in time for the holiday season, and it gives them breathing room. Not that I'm happy about it, but its my best guess.
    10-12-11 09:23 AM
    Ok so everyone is stoked for devcon and with the earnings call that stated devcon was the moment RIM was willing to reveal the date for OS2 ...
    Okay, the grammar there is a touch shaky... am i right in reading that statement as "RIM announced that the OS 2.0 release date would be revealed at DEVCON"? Because i believe no such statement has been made officially by rim.

All i know is that most reliable info points to OS 2.0 being demonstrated at DEVCON...
    10-12-11 09:40 AM
    I agree with the OP, first day of Devcon.

Why? Giving out PBs at Devcon without OS2 seems insane. The CEOs may have overstated some timelines, but I assume they're not insane.
    One possible scenario would be that there will be a beta of os2 installed on the deconn devices with a limited developer beta following shortly afterwards, they will want to give devs time to get any updates done prior to os2 before it launches for real, depending on their timeframes you might see a public beta between devconn and the public release.
    10-12-11 09:48 AM
    OS2 will be released the Tuesday after the next Bridge update. Seems to usually be the case. Any speculation on the next Bridge update?!

If OS2 is going to come out on the 18th (of Oct), we should be seeing a Bridge update in the next couple days... this is usually the case before a PB update and I can only assume that an update so large as 2.0 is expected to be, will require a Bridge update.
    10-12-11 09:57 AM
    11-11-11

why you ask? because 1+1=2
    January 1 because:

11-11-11 = -11 or 1/1 but since it's negative, it will ship minus the Android Player.
    10-12-11 12:30 PM
    I have just had a meeting with a RIM representative in the UK. He advised December. He said there are still a few problems with the Android integration that they wanted to iron out prior to the "relaunch" of the device.
    They were aiming for this month but it has been suspended again.
    So, a December date? I'm Guessing around the first week. This will then enable a good Christmas target market and be far enough away from any competitor launches.
    10-12-11 12:47 PM
    At the end of summer, obviously.
    10-12-11 06:26 PM
    I'm tapping into my clairvoyant powers and summoning the energies of powers beyond our world and I'm going with 4-6 weeks after DevCon. Sorry, the Tech Gods/Spirits are not friendly today (as evidenced by our widespread outage) and that's all I can gather from them right now
    10-12-11 06:33 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD