Hey everyone. I've had my playbook for a while now but I've noticed that I have these 5 pictures in my file manager that just won't delete. I think they were downloaded from tumblr from the browser. I've deleted them before in pictures but they won't go away in file manager. I've tried ghost manager all of those file browsers and even searching with windows explorer doesn't find them. It's driving me crazy and I really need help!
    06-26-13 11:08 AM
    They're probably stored thumbnails of the original pics. Delete them in File Manager.
    06-26-13 11:30 AM
    I said they won't delete in file manager...
    06-26-13 11:55 AM
    I said they won't delete in file manager...
    Have you actually found the offending files in a folder? As mentioned, some apps create a thumbnail copy of the original pictures. So you need to find both versions if possible.
    06-26-13 02:45 PM
    I just decided to do a wipe and restore because I don't think it will save something that isn't there...
    06-26-13 02:46 PM
    First, I'm not sure why you would want to wipe your PB over 5 errant pics, but that's your choice.
    Second, you never really stated that you tried deleting them with File Browser- you said that you deleted them with the Pictures app and that they won't go away in File Manager. Deleting a pic in Pictures will not get rid of its associated thumbnail in File Browser, which may have been cached by some android app. Assuming that you've not yet wiped, getting rid of these (probable) thumbnails is not that difficult. All you need to do is get the name of the pic (thumbnail) and then do a search. You can get the name by finding an offending pic in File Browser, then hitting the trashcan to delete it. You'll get a confirmation dialogue showing the name of the file. Alternatively, you can attach the pic to an email, the pics name will then show as an attachment. You can then use this file name to do a search. Ghost Commander, Files and Folders, Air Browser and other apps will let you search for files.
    06-26-13 07:46 PM
    It is a bug with the filesystem driver, you should have sent a report to '[email protected]'. If people do not submit problem reports, they will never get fixed or they will assume that customers are more than happy to have purchased their problem infested tablet.
    06-26-13 08:06 PM
    First, I'm not sure why you would want to wipe your PB over 5 errant pics, but that's your choice.
    Second, you never really stated that you tried deleting them with File Browser- you said that you deleted them with the Pictures app and that they won't go away in File Manager. Deleting a pic in Pictures will not get rid of its associated thumbnail in File Browser, which may have been cached by some android app. Assuming that you've not yet wiped, getting rid of these (probable) thumbnails is not that difficult. All you need to do is get the name of the pic (thumbnail) and then do a search. You can get the name by finding an offending pic in File Browser, then hitting the trashcan to delete it. You'll get a confirmation dialogue showing the name of the file. Alternatively, you can attach the pic to an email, the pics name will then show as an attachment. You can then use this file name to do a search. Ghost Commander, Files and Folders, Air Browser and other apps will let you search for files.
    Sorry that there was a misunderstanding...When I said pictures I meant the pictures tab in file manager. I said that I tried deleting them with file manager and ghost and air browser and file explorer on windows...I tried every single solution that you listed...I said it in my first post. But the wipe and restore worked because I knew it wouldn't save something that didn't exist at all. But thanks anyways.
    06-27-13 11:14 AM