Hello everyone! I'm a relatively new Playbook owner and I love it! Now that I have had a taste of BlackBerry I want to try some more! I currently own an HTC Evo 4G on Sprint. I'm looking at trying out my first BlackBerry phone, either the Curve or the Torch are for me.

I would like some advice on my two options listed above.

How is the keyboard on the Curve for those with large hands?
    Is one or the other a better companion to my Playbook?

Any opinions would be appreciated. I know there are a couple threads but none really mention the Torch or Curve and I'd like to hear about the experience from those users!
    08-08-12 05:08 PM
    Hi Breaking Point glad to hear you love the PB, I do too!!!

RE the phone keyboard, I think that no matter how much you ask around re good for big fingers/hands that you're still going to have to try for yourself on demo models in the shops. IMO no matter how much info someone else gives you about their ease of use, it just doesn't translate for your particular fingers/hands.

I've got a 9700 (still) and I find that keyboard less easy than other BB keyboards, and I've got long slim (female) fingers.

When I've tried the 9900 keyboard on demo models - I loved the feel.

When I've tried the 9810 keyboard - it felt a bit like my 9700.

And yet - if I could I would buy the 9810 right now - because I prefer that form factor.

Re how well do models bridge - that is work between the PB and the phone - from all accounts they all work as brilliantly as each other. My 9700 certainly works via bridge with absolute ease, never had a problem - and the 9700 was built way before bridge came on the horizon.

No matter what choice you make, I know you'll enjoy!!!
    08-08-12 05:35 PM
    Stay away from the curve. If like the touch screen it will be nice. Or get the bold
    madman0141 likes this.
    08-08-12 05:36 PM
    If you have big hands, the physical keyboard on the 9810 might not be the best for you. The good thing is you can use the virtual keyboard because it has both.

Now if by torch you meant 9850/9860 I cannot help you there. I hear they are great if the physical keyboard isn't important.
    08-08-12 06:37 PM
    Consider the 9900 /9930 Bold. BlackBerry's Top of the line Bold will not disappoint.
    08-08-12 06:40 PM
    Hello everyone! I'm a relatively new Playbook owner and I love it! Now that I have had a taste of BlackBerry I want to try some more! I currently own an HTC Evo 4G on Sprint. I'm looking at trying out my first BlackBerry phone, either the Curve or the Torch are for me.

I would like some advice on my two options listed above.

How is the keyboard on the Curve for those with large hands?
    Is one or the other a better companion to my Playbook?

Any opinions would be appreciated. I know there are a couple threads but none really mention the Torch or Curve and I'd like to hear about the experience from those users!
    Hi! Glad to hear you like the pb, I have pb a 9320 curve for work and a 9930 and love them all. However the 9930 keyboard is wonderful and with big fingers will work better for you.
    08-08-12 08:51 PM
    I use the 9810 and makes a great combination with the PlayBook. It's cheaper than the Bold 9900 but equally efficient, at most part.

I wouldn't recommend anything besides the 9810 and the 9900. However, all OS7 BlackBerry phones are excellent and worth the price.
    08-09-12 12:39 AM
    Thanks for the advice all!

I'm leaning towards the 9850. It seems like it would be a pretty good extension of the Playbook. That being said I'm going to head to the store to try them out! Now if only Sprint still had display models of the 9850 out, it would be nice to give them a try side by side.
    08-09-12 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD