Have anyone try bridgeing their Blackberry to the Playbook all day? If so, how long did your phone battery last? Please let us know which phone you were using and if your usage on the phone a side from pairing with the Playbook.

Thanks
    04-24-11 10:16 AM
    I've had mine bridged since day 1. Doesn't seem to affect battery life on the phone at all. In fact I went over two full days between charges from Thursday morning into Saturday day. Of course part of that could be that I haven't been paying much attention to my phone since the PB arrived ...
    04-24-11 10:19 AM
    Have anyone try bridgeing their Blackberry to the Playbook all day? If so, how long did your phone battery last? Please let us know which phone you were using and if your usage on the phone a side from pairing with the Playbook.

Thanks
    Mine doesnt seem to change but if I have both devices Im probably going to grab my playbook so the torch doesnt get used as much. Now if they would allow us to initiate phone calls and texts from the bridge Id be all over that.
    04-24-11 10:37 AM
    My Torch always ends the day at 60+% battery left. I still use it a reasonable amount, because BBM and social feeds don't bridge and the PlayBook only gets 8-10 hours of battery, whereas there are many more waking hours ;P
    04-24-11 10:44 AM
    My Torch always ends the day at 60+% battery left. I still use it a reasonable amount, because BBM and social feeds don't bridge and the PlayBook only gets 8-10 hours of battery, whereas there are many more waking hours ;P
    Social Feeds needs to be on the PlayBook yesterday. But that would also mean native Twitter and Facebook apps as well. My most used application since jumping on the Torch has been Social Feeds (unless you count Text Messages as an app)
    04-24-11 10:47 AM

Thanks
    I thought it was going to be a battery hog... but my 9000 still lasts the whole day on a full charge. I go to bed with 20 - 30% remaining. Now that I have my PlayBook, I use my 9000 less, so it's hard to judge.

I think that BlackBerry Bridge is great for a first version release. If RIM can tweak it some more for extended battery life, this will be fine by me.
    04-24-11 10:48 AM
    My ADR is about 2-3.5% when not using the phone, but connected to it with my PB through the bridge. I rarely use my phone while it's bridged, so my battery doesn't die too fast. I can usually end the day with more then 50% battery left.
    04-24-11 10:48 AM
    Unfoturnately I haven't had that same completely positive experience but it sounds like all the above are using the Torch. I'm still on the trusty storm 2 and its biggest struggle even before the PB was the battery. So understandably when I have it paired my S2 barely last until 6pm. I think its just the additional drain from having bluetooth on all day. I have similar experiences when I have a BT headset paired for any length of the day. I'm just back to the S1 days when anytime I'm near a power source I make sure its plugged in getting some.
    04-24-11 10:53 AM
    don't see any change in battery life on my bold 9700 with it bridged all day
    04-24-11 12:40 PM
    im getting better battery life on my bold 9650 since im not using it as much. it has been bridged constantly since the 19th.
    04-24-11 02:01 PM

Thanks
    Seriously??
    My Torch only lasts me one day. And that's without Bridging.
    If I have my BT handsfree paired then I'm down to 20% by the end of the day.
    04-24-11 02:08 PM
    I agree 100%!! Social feeds is the one thing I miss the most when using my PB instead of my Torch!

Social Feeds needs to be on the PlayBook yesterday. But that would also mean native Twitter and Facebook apps as well. My most used application since jumping on the Torch has been Social Feeds (unless you count Text Messages as an app)
    04-24-11 02:10 PM
    I see no noticeable drain at all.
    04-24-11 02:45 PM
    I don't notice much drain. But it's there.
    04-24-11 02:46 PM
    On my Tour I don't see any difference. I am on my second day of the same charge. My playbook battery has been decent also. I started playing with it at 7 am and now at 5:30 PM (Mountain Standard time)and it is at 36%. I have been doing emails using the browser, downloaded all my music off my network to the playbook. Playing music. I am pretty happy with battery life so far.
    04-24-11 07:41 PM
    I too expected an effect on battery. I didn't ever use to use bluetooth but with it on on my Tour all day the effect on the battery is negligible.
    04-24-11 07:49 PM
    Yes I have been Bridging since April 19 and haven't had any issues with battery on my 9330 or PB. For instance: today I had them paired all day, have used the PB to watch 2 tv shows, a couple videos, and browsing the web for a couple hours. My PB battery is at 40% and my 9330 is at about 65%. Not bad at all!
    04-24-11 08:41 PM

Thanks
    i'd like to know about the memory drain when bridging all day
    05-29-11 04:52 AM
    There is a Memory Drain thread somewhere on here. On my 9650/bold still on OS5, I see NO memory drain. I had not rebooted in 17 days and was down 2megs and I can't say that was Bridge or just general use.
    05-29-11 09:10 AM
    I've had mine bridged since day 1. Doesn't seem to affect battery life on the phone at all. In fact I went over two full days between charges from Thursday morning into Saturday day. Of course part of that could be that I haven't been paying much attention to my phone since the PB arrived ...

No i can vouch for the battery life.

When i bridge, and dont use the storm 2 for anything else (no apps running, streaming music, anything) my storm barely uses any juice at all. It lasts all day.

This is really good news when you consider the fact that, with OS updates, more and more handset functions will be taken over by the playbook... sms, mms, everything but making phone calls.

And quite frankly, I see this thing having a hands free option. The speakers and mic work just fine for video chat so there is no reason it cant make phone calls.

update: I just checked berrymeter. My s2 draws 6.9% per hour when doing nothing but bridging. If you do the math, the phone will outlast the playbook on battery charge. That means it will last long enough for any playbook needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kb5zht; 05-29-11 at 02:28 PM.
    05-29-11 02:25 PM
    And quite frankly, I see this thing having a hands free option. The speakers and mic work just fine for video chat so there is no reason it cant make phone calls.
    I have a gut feeling that a handsfree option will be included in the next update.
    05-29-11 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD