Want the bootloader unlocked on the Playbook so we can install android? This might be a way of getting to RIM! If we get enough signatures on our petition, they might actually give us a tool for unlocking the bootloader and we can all be very happy with our playbooks with android on them!

Sign the petition and don't forget to share the link!!
    Petition Allow us to unlock the bootloader of the BlackBerry Playbook
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    12-26-13 07:08 PM
    I'd rather sign a petition for BlackBerry 10 on PB.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 07:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    I want either, although the latter would require more RAM. BB would outsell IOS and Android combined before this would be implemented.
    12-26-13 07:23 PM
    Why android on PlayBook?

~ it's not a phone, it's a BlackBerry
    12-26-13 07:23 PM
    Petition for Blackberry 10 on Playbook

Posted via CB10
    tryfe likes this.
    12-26-13 07:37 PM
    a petition to update the android we have would be better, unlocking the PB from what I've read around the net will still need someone to write a custom rom for the hardware as we cant just port a kindle fire rom over and have done with it.

someone needs to persuade RIM that most playbook owners would pay for an update if it opened the machine up to the greater world even if it meant staying with side loading.
    jkomo001 likes this.
    12-26-13 08:16 PM
    This is an useless petition, blackberry will never provide such tool to unlock it. This is almost the same as IBM releasing OS/2 as an open source OS. It's all about intellectual properties built in the Playbook Rom. They rather protect their inventions than releasing to the customers.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    12-26-13 10:37 PM
    It's worth a shot to petition. Worst thing could happen is they don't do anything.
    12-26-13 10:41 PM
    And if no one has been able to crack the security by now, then it's pretty solid to say the least. Perhaps it will be used in the future for a tablet 10" or blackberry 120" tv, just sayin! A BlackBerry user since the beginning can dream, can't he?

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    12-26-13 10:46 PM
    I'm all for bb10 on playbook but I never want to see android on my blackberry playbook.
    If I wanted a damn android I would of baught a android tablet.
    I say screw damn android it's a different platform so stay on your side of the fence.

I hope they never unlock it to be bastardised by the likes of android shat.
    12-26-13 10:54 PM
    Unlocking boot loader would possibly compromise BB security which is one thing that still has some regard. With a flaw in Android's Fort Knox maybe Obama will have to keep using his BlackBerry. The Android 2.3.3 apps run in an emulator environment. Perhaps it would be possible to build an Android 4.x emulator but maybe it would take too much RAM and run too slow.

For those whose PB have been split into work and regular sections, can you run any Android apps or ports in the work section?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    12-26-13 10:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd prefer that as well, but only if a way to sync bookmarks via a cloud plugin in the browser for BB10 as a whole with Firefox and Chrome and Safari. HUGE damn oversight from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 11:29 PM
    Want the bootloader unlocked on the Playbook so we can install android? This might be a way of getting to RIM! If we get enough signatures on our petition, they might actually give us a tool for unlocking the bootloader and we can all be very happy with our playbooks with android on them!

Sign the petition and don't forget to share the link!!
    Petition Allow us to unlock the bootloader of the BlackBerry Playbook
    Will this never end? How many times have petition posts worked? Search the forum first. Yeah, I know, don't bit@h at me for stealing dreams but come on already....

Sorry, I just noticed you are a first time poster! Welcome to the forums. There are plenty of smart people here who can answer your questions. I have spent many hours reading about this topic here. Take some time and read a bit first. Good information is to be found!
    Last edited by dazzleaj; 12-27-13 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Yelled too soon! Ready, fire, aim!
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    12-26-13 11:37 PM
    As long as there are any PlayBooks joined to any BES servers any where in the world and being used in secure environments such as governments, law enforcement or government contracted corporations it will never happen.

In light of those types of users of the PlayBook this is a pretty selfish request. To compromise one device because you want your toy will compromise all secure users.

A PlayBook on a BES System is a security device that's why the boot loader is locked down. It doesn't really matter if any of us personal PlayBook users care about the device's security or not what matters is BlackBerry's promise to those who do trust that security.
    Paisley Pirate and dazzleaj like this.
    12-27-13 01:53 AM

Sorry, I just noticed you are a first time poster! Welcome to the forums. There are plenty of smart people here who can answer your questions. I have spent many hours reading about this topic here. Take some time and read a bit first. Good information is to be found!
    Thank you!!
    dazzleaj likes this.
    12-27-13 04:09 AM
    We have two problems with that petition... first, RIM is no longer exist, it is already BlackBerry... second, in BlackBerry, PlayBook is no longer exist...

Posted via CB10
    dazzleaj likes this.
    12-27-13 02:15 PM
    And soon, even BlackBerry will no longer exist... Just use the PB as it is or get the other Android/Win8 tablets which are much better.
    12-27-13 10:07 PM