This is my first post, hello all.
    This is the problem...when I open Crackberry on my PB and link to a topic in the forums, the thread opens correctly, however another web page ALWAYS opens at the same time. in other words, I have the number 2 showing in the navigation bar even though I have opened only one link.
    This second web page is one that I had looked at weeks ago and thought had been closed or long since deleted.
    This happens every time I open a CB thread link. I have tried hitting the X beside the offending url; I have tried clearing the cache, cookies, everything... the page persists in loading.
    This does not happen when I am using the regular web browser but only when the CB applet is open and I am going to read a new topic link. I have looked in favorites..not there. I have cleared history. I have tried a shutdown with the page open and I have tried searching in the files for anything that resembles a stored url...nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    02-18-12 10:55 AM
    Welcome Playbook97
    You may try a restart of your PB. Maybe something stayed in memory from the app ...
    First time I read this ...

Oh, BTW, what is your OS (you may state this in your profile device to avoid further questions )
    02-18-12 10:59 AM
    Have you turned off: Remember Open Tabs When I Start Browser? This is in the Browser Options.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-18-12 11:02 AM
    Sorry, OS Version is 1.0.8.6067.
    The remember open tabs option is OFF.
    Shut down did not clear the problem.

This is not a life threatening issue but it is annoying and makes me wonder where the system would store a rogue url like this. I have also uninstalled and re-installed the CB applet.
    02-18-12 11:19 AM
    Wow, this is weird ... I've been tryin to reproduce this, with no luck ...
    is your PB haunted ?

Sry, can't find a solution yet.
    02-18-12 11:35 AM
    I am thinking that when you saved that web address for crackberry the second page was also open, so the whole link was saved. Maybe try over writing the original link you have with today' s link making sure you are on the correct page with not additional tabs attached.
    02-18-12 11:36 AM
    This fixed it for me.
    Only happens when clicking links.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rtcuts-631501/
    Thank you so much!! I thought for sure I was going crazy, or my PB was possessed, one of the two!

What I did was go into Options, make sure "for a new page show" was set to bookmarks (not home page), close ALL tabs, turn on "remember open tabs...", close browser, open browser again and turn off "remember open tabs..." . Now it's working normally again. Wow, that was strange...lol
    02-18-12 11:41 AM
    Thanks Chaddface! Your fix did the trick! I could not figure out what the problem was and tried everything. I would not have thought to configure and re-configure the browser settings in the manner that worked.

Thanks again.
    02-18-12 03:32 PM
    I would have never thought of that sequence of on off actions but it works. The folks in that thread deserve the credit. I just spent a few minutes finding it.
    Glad you got it working.
    02-18-12 03:38 PM
    I say bravo !
    02-18-12 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD