Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  

Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    So that is indeed the problem as Mikeo007 has said already. This isn't a new thing with computers in general really, but I'm shocked that you have to wipe the device to fix it.
    Exactly! I really like the Playbook, but that's the one aspect I find unacceptable about it.

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    And you should be able to identify what was it that caused the issue this time. What where the last 5 things you did?
    Oh, I know what caused the issue. I copied a video over to the Playbook (again), but this time I had enough free space left, roughly 3.5 GB. KalemSoft Media Player, however, uses a lot of storage space while decoding the video and that was apparently enough to trigger the "permanent slowdown bug".
    diegonei likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  

Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    well I'm sorry to say that my 16GB PB now has only 37.5MB left on it and I have zero issue with anything. I have 5 apps open music playing scrubber responsive and everything running perfectly. I think the message Desktop Manager was displaying was related to a setting where you select how much space to leave reserved and I have the default 10% = 1.4 GB.
    Interesting. I take it you use the latest OS 2.1.0.1088?
    CrackBerry Master

Yes. The PB performs exactly the same after the wipe as before with the 37.5MB left on it. Did you by any chance change that setting in Desktop Manager? Its under Device Options > Media. The default is 10% which is where mine is/was. I can only suggest doing a debrick with the directions here Factory reset for the BlackBerry PlayBook (also fixes bricked devices) | CrackBerry.com It is similar to a wipe but besides that there isn't anything (I can think of) that should be causing the PB to behave like this. Its not like you forced all that data in there haha.
    Did you?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12