I bought a nother PB a 64 GB this time. I did notice that the brand new unit with no videos and pictures loaded was more snappy. Im finding when it's almost full it seems a little sluggish. I'm wondering what others are finding.
    12-27-11 05:23 PM
    i agree with you. when i fill up mine with videos, it is less snappier.

the lag...... the lag.....
    12-27-11 07:57 PM
    I bought a nother PB a 64 GB this time. I did notice that the brand new unit with no videos and pictures loaded was more snappy. Im finding when it's almost full it seems a little sluggish. I'm wondering what others are finding.
    What seems a little sluggish?
    12-27-11 08:18 PM
    What do you expect? It is like a computer Hard Drive, the more data you have on there, the more time it will take to get to where you want and surf through your data... the less there is, the faster it will be to get to where you want...
    jeffgp likes this.
    12-27-11 09:52 PM
    I don't think that an 85% full "hard drive" should slow things down at all. If it were a magnetic platter hard drive, I would say a defrag was in order. But this is a flash drive, which is supposed to be a truly random access device, since there is no moving head. Why don't you call RIM? This would be a good question for their techs; and I would like to hear the answer.
    osubass1 likes this.
    12-28-11 02:21 AM
    What do you expect? It is like a computer Hard Drive, the more data you have on there, the more time it will take to get to where you want and surf through your data... the less there is, the faster it will be to get to where you want...
    The PlayBook uses a flash drive which is not the same as a traditional computer HDD.
    Flash drives do not suffer from the effects of fragmentation.
    12-28-11 03:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD