Hi guys,

just wanted to share, I do have this combination running with my PB and it rocks:

ZTE AC30 mobile hotspot - dual band (cdma, gsm) with an unlimited cdma data plan for up to 10 Mb/s

BB 9780 - bridged to the PB

Portable USB charger KCB-L2 eneloop from Sanyo for PB, BB and my hotspot (all in one ) (Mobile Booster)

Now on the road the hotspot is in my pocket, as the BB is - only have the PB in hands - connected via Wifi and bridge - I get all my emails/bbm and get a notification if somebody is calling. (wouldn't work if tethered via BB, bridge browser is crap)

The wifi connection is fast, reliable and does not stop where tethering would not work (AppWorld e.g.)

The best part is that I can always tell somebody around who needs internet that I have my hotspot ready in my pocket - up to 5 people can use it anytime. Next to that the BB does not turn off BBM/Email reception, which would happen with tethering.

If I know I'm on the go for long I take my portable charger with me - all set for recharging any device if necessary (most likely it's just gonna be the hotspot, if used too much and intensely - battery lasts about 4-5 hours on full charge)

Greetings,

Takeo
    Last edited by Takeo; 06-03-11 at 11:36 PM. Reason: typos :P
    06-03-11 11:34 PM
    great for u! as for Bis not functioning while u thetering, if u have the guts, go into the engineering screen and set the solo modem configuration to disable.. it works for me.. now when im tether i could bbm n push email works.. and i manage to cut cost of paying another data wifi/hotspot and utilise my unlimited data bis plan
    takeo likes this.
    06-03-11 11:43 PM
    great for u! as for Bis not functioning while u thetering, if u have the guts, go into the engineering screen and set the solo modem configuration to disable.. it works for me.. now when im tether i could bbm n push email works.. and i manage to cut cost of paying another data wifi/hotspot and utilise my unlimited data bis plan
    Now give me an idea where to do that please?
    I mean, it's an option, if all measures don't work out
    06-03-11 11:53 PM
    downlod Jester at bluefirebox , install.

then push alt+ctrl+h on ur phone to openup the Help me screen. use jester to generate the escreen code.

once u get in the escreen, go to Multi WAF Engineering Screen > Tunnel Engineering screen > ip modem solo mode - disable.

now u can tether with bis always on..

do aware that u hv to do these settings everytime u shutdown or restart ur bb
    takeo likes this.
    06-04-11 12:09 AM
    downlod Jester at bluefirebox , install.

then push alt+ctrl+h on ur phone to openup the Help me screen. use jester to generate the escreen code.

once u get in the escreen, go to Multi WAF Engineering Screen > Tunnel Engineering screen > ip modem solo mode - disable.

now u can tether with bis always on..

do aware that u hv to do these settings everytime u shutdown or restart ur bb
    sad to have to do it every time - but at least it's a possibility. Thanks for sharing!
    06-04-11 12:12 AM
    I have a similar setup with a Novotel 3G mifi and it worked beautifully on a long road trip and while on the move at a local park. It has to be slower than regular routered wifi but I couldn't tell the difference. It also worked with a Samsung 4G mifi. I really haven't needed it much at all but the set up travels with me all the time just in case. Even my Torch benefitted by having travelling wifi!
    06-04-11 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD