I'm sorry if this is elsewhere, and I know I the opposite situation is, but I have a problem with my Native email.

If I connect to Gmail from the Accounts section via Bluetooth it works like a dream; then when I connect via wifi it says it cannot connect to the server.

If I have already setup successfully via Bluetooth and then use wifi, still no-go.

Could anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank in advance
    08-25-12 01:11 PM
    Let's see if I got it right...

You have a gmail account set on your PlayBook but it only works via Bridge (Bluetooth?) and not via WiFi?

That's most unusual. Did you try rebooting your device? Did you try hard rebooting (hold vol +, hold power, hold vol -, and wait till it reboots)? Did you try deleting the gmail account, rebooting and then adding it again (you could try toing that with WiFi only)?
    08-25-12 02:21 PM
    Yes, you have it correct.

I have rebooted, but not hard rebooted for a while. Strange little problem. Will try a hard reboot now.
    08-25-12 03:10 PM
    If you re-enter your email password in setup, can you then connect to the server? Just wondering because that's the issue I've been having with my Yahoo account. Comes and goes even tho there's nothing wrong with my Internet signal. Once I put the password back in I'm good to go until the next time.
    08-25-12 03:20 PM
    Can you access the web over WiFi?

Can you log into Gmail using a browser?

Have you rebooted your router?
    08-25-12 04:42 PM
    Gmail gave me issues until I setup two step authentication. Haven't had a problem since.
    08-25-12 09:37 PM
    I have two accounts, and one is two step authentication, that seems to make no difference.

Woke up this morning and got the same message again about not being able to find / connect to the server.

Will try rebooting the router now.

Thanks to all so far.
    08-26-12 03:02 AM
    If you re-enter your email password in setup, can you then connect to the server? Just wondering because that's the issue I've been having with my Yahoo account. Comes and goes even tho there's nothing wrong with my Internet signal. Once I put the password back in I'm good to go until the next time.

With one of the accounts being 2Step authentication, putting in the password more then once is a bit of a problem.

:-(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-26-12 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD