So I was reading an article last night about some people claiming to have bought a PB at a walmart for 249$. I thought damn! That's even better than the 299$ telus employee offer. Some ppl were commenting saying their walmart didn't have that sale and then some other comments mentioned that some ppl ahd friends in best buys and future shops and they were all saying after midnight price drop.

This morning I saw this article

BlackBerry PlayBook cuts start, as low as $250 in Canada | Electronista

I posted the link because there's a pic of the receipt from walmart.

Now anyone who bought a PB between sept 7th and 22nd can go and get a 100$ refund in form of a mastercard from RIM at
    Back to school coupon

And anyone who paid retail for the PB within the last 30 days can also get a refund for the difference at any of those retailers.

What's that mean? Well, you bought a PB 2 weeks ago at say 499$, you go get your refund so it only cost you 249$ factor in your 100$ refund and those people got a brand new PB for 149$ + tax! Now there's a price I wouldn't even think twice about. I'd buy 2! just for fun!
    Guyzer and aulanicki like this.
    09-23-11 09:36 AM
    Nobody will price match the telus price or rogers price, those prices are for employee's . It has already been discussed on other forums and nobody was successful in price matching those prices.
    09-23-11 09:44 AM
    He's not saying try to price match telus or rogers. The price at staples, futureshop and bestbuy has gone down to 299 for the 16gb Playbook. Therefore anytime you buy something from any of those 3 places you always have a few weeks to get refunds if it goes on sale.
    09-23-11 10:02 AM
    He's not saying try to price match telus or rogers. The price at staples, futureshop and bestbuy has gone down to 299 for the 16gb Playbook. Therefore anytime you buy something from any of those 3 places you always have a few weeks to get refunds if it goes on sale.
    Precisely! and Walmart has them at 249$ so essentially, some ppl got them for 149$ as of today if they had purchased between sept 7 and 22
    09-23-11 11:18 AM
    Not sure they got so good of a deal. There is LOTS more inventory and the price will likely go lower.

Best Buy will no longer be carrying any inventory so Walmart is where they will be discounted. Heck Best Buy may not make it much longer, rumor is they will be lucky to be here at Christmas
    09-23-11 11:34 AM
    I, for one, don't have a single regret for paying full price for my Playbook. In terms of what I do with it, it has already paid for itself twice. But even without that, this is one awesome tablet and I absolutely love it.
    nikolas4129 likes this.
    09-23-11 11:49 AM
    Not sure they got so good of a deal. There is LOTS more inventory and the price will likely go lower.

Best Buy will no longer be carrying any inventory so Walmart is where they will be discounted. Heck Best Buy may not make it much longer, rumor is they will be lucky to be here at Christmas
    The price will go lower then $149? I don't see that Walmart pricing. The website shows 478$ for the 16gb.
    If Best Buy is going out it won't be before christmas. No better time to sell.

I got the staples deal and the rebate. I'm happy.
    09-23-11 12:02 PM
    So I was reading an article last night about some people claiming to have bought a PB at a walmart for 249$. I thought damn! That's even better than the 299$ telus employee offer. Some ppl were commenting saying their walmart didn't have that sale and then some other comments mentioned that some ppl ahd friends in best buys and future shops and they were all saying after midnight price drop.

This morning I saw this article

BlackBerry PlayBook cuts start, as low as $250 in Canada | Electronista

I posted the link because there's a pic of the receipt from walmart.

Now anyone who bought a PB between sept 7th and 22nd can go and get a 100$ refund in form of a mastercard from RIM at
    Back to school coupon

And anyone who paid retail for the PB within the last 30 days can also get a refund for the difference at any of those retailers.

What's that mean? Well, you bought a PB 2 weeks ago at say 499$, you go get your refund so it only cost you 249$ factor in your 100$ refund and those people got a brand new PB for 149$ + tax! Now there's a price I wouldn't even think twice about. I'd buy 2! just for fun!
    Are you sure we can get our money back from Future shop???? I bought my PB 2 weeks ago at 499$, so you are saying that I can get refunded the difference???
    09-23-11 12:20 PM
    But all that is for the 16gb version. I picked up my 32gb version off Ebay for $400, I'm into it $430 after shipping. I couldn't be happier with it really. The price was fine by me, I saved some money over Best Buy or what have you and I love the unit. Sure, the Os2.0 will be great, Droid player and all that. But it's not make-or-break for me. I'm not changing to an iPad or anything else. There are cheaper options out there, if you're willing to look around and weigh some options. I'm fine with what I paid for mine, and it isn't the little one.
    09-23-11 01:55 PM
    Are you sure we can get our money back from Future shop???? I bought my PB 2 weeks ago at 499$, so you are saying that I can get refunded the difference???
    Yup you should go back in and they should give you the difference. They have a price match guarantee which covers drops in prices. I can't remember if Electronics was only 14 days but no harm in following up.
    09-23-11 02:10 PM
    Thank you so much for that tip! I will certainly pop by future shop and find out!
    09-23-11 02:15 PM
    Yup you should go back in and they should give you the difference. They have a price match guarantee which covers drops in prices. I can't remember if Electronics was only 14 days but no harm in following up.
    The 14 days is for money back no questions asked returns.

If they reduce the price on a product, I believe you have 30 days from purchase date to get the difference back, regardless of the type of product.
    09-23-11 03:31 PM
    I picked up mine last week for $101+Tax (assuming I get the $100 GC from RIM for owning a blackberry)
    09-23-11 06:41 PM
    I picked up mine last week for $101+Tax (assuming I get the $100 GC from RIM for owning a blackberry)
    Which authorized reseller did you purchase from at $201?
    09-23-11 06:49 PM
    Let's see, mine was :

Regular price $499
    -$50 for Staples price of $449
    -$200 coupon
    -$030 coupon
    = $219 with free shipping, plus tax
    Paid just about $230

Sent in for the RIM $100 gift card, so technically the price was about $130.

Couldn't pass on one for that price.
    09-23-11 10:24 PM
    Bought it online on Staples

Which authorized reseller did you purchase from at $201?
    09-24-11 12:00 AM
    Instead of the $30 coupon, I used another which gave me $48 off getting my price down to $201.

Let's see, mine was :

Regular price $499
    -$50 for Staples price of $449
    -$200 coupon
    -$030 coupon
    = $219 with free shipping, plus tax
    Paid just about $230

Sent in for the RIM $100 gift card, so technically the price was about $130.

Couldn't pass on one for that price.
    09-24-11 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD