I started having charging issues with my BlackBerry dock. I came on crackberry to see if anyone figured anything out and saw that a few people had problems charging the playbook using the dock but nothing worked for me. My boss playbook still started charging and then stopped. Sometimes I would get the charging indication but it would go away in a second or two and sometimes it would stay and still not charge my PlayBook.

Finally I went and bought a new dock but still had the same problem. I started looking at the playbook and noticed that the contacts on my PlayBook looked dirty or oxidized. I took a paper clip and gently twisted the end of the paper clip on the end of the playbook contacts. That seemed to have clean the contacts off and now I don't have a problem charging my PlayBook on the dock anyone more. I thought I would post this in case it helps others having charging issues.
    Spencerdl and Kandoo-BB like this.
    03-27-12 11:50 AM
    That good to know. those little pin can cause a charging issue at time.
    03-27-12 12:00 PM
    I've had this issue in the past and ironically, just had it occur today again! I re-booted and replaced on the dock and it seems just fine again....
    03-27-12 12:03 PM
    Thanks for the info. This will definitely come in handy for future reference
    03-27-12 12:06 PM
    Yes it works like a charm for me. No problems charging. Now I have an extra charging dock.
    03-27-12 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD