I'm in browser, in my gmail, open / dwnload ? A pdf. Then if i try to go back to it, it's gone, cannot find it to reopen through adobe, air browser sees it but cannot open, this is sucky!!!!!

Is it me or playbook os?
    04-21-12 09:44 AM
    I am having the same problem. I can no longer open Pdf files downloaded from a website Page or those that have been attached to Gmail or other emails.
    I can open Pdf files that were downloaded PRIOR to the last os update therefore I assume that this is an Adobe issue.
    Considering that Pdf files are critical to business users (like myself ), you would think that RIM would have paid special attention to this application and made sure that it would function after the update but then, we are talking about RIM. Let's remain in the dark for a while longer, shall we.
    04-21-12 10:12 AM
    This is disheartening. I'm still holding out hope for an update to the Adobe Reader. I use it all the time, despite its shortcomings, but if I can no longer download and open pdfs, what's the point?
    04-21-12 03:04 PM
    I have a problem with only some of my PDFs not opening, and just realized that the common factor was that the ones that don't open all have commas in their file names. When I rename the file and remove the commas, they open just fine. Not sure if this is a different problem then what everyone else is having.
    04-22-12 08:12 AM
    I have a problem with only some of my PDFs not opening, and just realized that the common factor was that the ones that don't open all have commas in their file names. When I rename the file and remove the commas, they open just fine. Not sure if this is a different problem then what everyone else is having.
    That is a good point. In the good ol' days, filenames were fairly restricted to mainly alphanumeric and maybe a few symbols. Now folks write whole sentences as filenames. I just went looking and there are a number of links to what might be proper/improper filenames and it can vary by operating system.

Here's just one link:

Characters to Avoid in Directories and Filenames
    04-22-12 09:56 AM
    I don't think that the comma is the problem, at least not for me. I have checked the file names and none has a comma.

I have tried saving the Pdf with a different name...same result.
    I have tried downloading the Pdf on my pc, checked to see that it opened correctly, renamed it and dropped it into my PB while it was connected as to my pc as a removable drive...same result.
    I have tried saving the Pdf attachment and opening from two different email accounts...same.

By the way, another issue that has popped up since the update is that I cannot open some .jpg files. These also were never a problem before.

And, if you want a laugh, I was so angry that I was looking at the specs for the ipad3 on the Apple Site and my PB totally froze two times such that I had to do the 3 finger hard reset to get the damn thing going. Needless to say, I didn't navigate back to Apple...on the PB.

Very frustrated because this device could have been outstanding.
    04-22-12 04:31 PM
    Yeah well I've pretty much had it with mine as well. I'm doing the blank pages thing with my latest download. I've tried saving it again in adobe on my laptop with another name and it's still a no go. It's only 1.8MB so that's not the problem either. I know others have had this problem as well so I think I'm going to just move on. I'm so frustrated.

EDIT: Found on the RIM site that they acknowledged this problem late last year and were expediting it to the proper channels...but they had no expected date for resolution. Lovely. Thanks RIM.
    Last edited by Chrysalis1156; 04-22-12 at 08:32 PM.
    04-22-12 05:47 PM
    I'm in browser, in my gmail, open / dwnload ? A pdf. Then if i try to go back to it, it's gone, cannot find it to reopen through adobe, air browser sees it but cannot open, this is sucky!!!!!

Is it me or playbook os?
    Replying to myself, i found a solution, use air browser to find the download, press and hold then release file, a window opens from the bottom and one of the seldctions is open, the down loaded pdf will then open in adobe reader.
    04-23-12 06:55 AM
    Tried that and no joy.

I don't see how using a file finder would make any difference as the file itself still has to open with Adobe.
    04-23-12 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD