Hi

Playbook 64G, approx 3 months old; OS 2.1.0.1314

I'd like your help please, if possible.

I'm relatively new to BB OS, the Playbook being my first experience with Blackberry devices. I have downloaded a pdf from a website but only the first, of two, pages are downloaded/available on my Playbook. When downloaded to PC (Win 7) both pages are downloaded and available. However, when click/drag this pdf file to Playbook, via usb cable, again only Page 1 is copied. So, I saved Page 1 and Page 2 as separate files, using PDFCreator, click/dragged to Playbook and hence got both pages.

I don't understand why the Playbook would only download Page 1, of 2, in both these instances. Is there some restriction on number of pages, by any chance? I can't believe this would be the case but can't think of any reason.

Can anyone enlighten me please? I'd be very grateful

Thanks
    12-20-12 04:59 PM
    If you are using the native pdf reader in you PB to view pdfs the scrolling between pages is when you swipe to the left or the right or by simply tapping the left or the right part of the page, or by tappng once in the middle of the screen and a bar appears at the bottom and you just scroll the bar left/right. Have you tried these?

Also, have you tried downloading other pdfs to see if this happens to other pdfs?
    DC506 likes this.
    12-20-12 05:25 PM
    Oh dear, I feel a total idi0t now!!!

It hadn't occured to me to try swiping from the right, only swiping up from the bottom edge! So, how stupid can one get??? Give me time, I'm sure I'll be asking even more stupid questions...

So, dave_h, you are absolutely spot on! I'm very grateful for your quick help. Thank you so very much

I'll now crawl back into my hole
    12-20-12 05:36 PM
    no problem mate...it's not your fault (and certainly not a stupid question). The native pdf reader is not the most intuitive one when it comes to scrolling.You may also want to try the "qPDF notes demo" free from appworld which you can create notes on pdfs, highlight e.t.c......oh, and the scrolling in this app is the normal way....downwards/upwards
    12-20-12 06:16 PM
    PDF Reader, a native BlackBerry PlayBook application, is another option. It seems to allow highlighting although I cannot figure out how to make the highlighting persistent.
    12-20-12 08:28 PM
    Thanks BB9700CA and dave_h

Yes, the qPDF notes demo looks worthy of a try so thanks for that suggestion. I will possibly try PDF Reader too and see which I prefer.

Thanks for being so helpful

Cheers
    12-21-12 05:52 AM