Been enjoying PB but have started using it for what I got it for, complimenting my torch and curning out email, so I attached 4 PDF's I wanted to send whilst bridged, clicked on send and carried on with my business believing they had been sent off, I later opened up my PB messages app, only to my dismay to find only 2 of the 4 attached PDF's had been sent. This happened to 2 emails I attached PDF files to, is there a limit to the number of docs I can attach at any one time to an email? Seriously unprofessional to send incomplete number of docs. Anyone come across this whilst bridged? Checked bb and it too confirms only 2 of 4 docs when out with email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-11 03:48 PM
    I suggest experimenting by send stuff to another of YOUR email addresses. There may be a limit on how large an attachment or total of attachments can be to a mailing address. But I'm not sure of any limits. How large was the total? Any messages back from the recipient or their mail server? When I've sent something too large I usually get a message back from a server.

edited to add: just a quick google search turned up articles with the following info which I did not explore in any detail:

"#
    #
    Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail Attachment Size Limit
    Email service providers such as Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail have attachment size limit for the files being attached.
    edwardkhoo.com/hotmail-yahoo-gmail-attachment-size-limit/ - Cached - Similar
    #
    Maximum attachment size - Gmail Help
    Mar 20, 2011 ... Maximum attachment size ... not be able to send larger attachments to contacts who use other email services with smaller attachment limits. ..."
    Last edited by F2; 05-23-11 at 04:49 PM.
    05-23-11 04:47 PM
    If its bridged .. its going to be the limit of your phone and/or limit of email service your using - not the PB itself.
    05-23-11 04:58 PM
    Ok, so I have check the attachment file sizes and they are 2.14MB each, I'm using gmail and am certain their attachment limit surely exceeds 5MB, not entirely sure what the permitted limit is yet, I'm guessing limited to 10MB. Any other ideas?

05-23-11 04:58 PM
    google is 25 mbs but you have to be doing that thru the website. Remember BIS has ****ty limits of 2.9 MBs for attachments and such
    05-23-11 05:03 PM
    The combined limit of the 2 attachments sent was 4.28MB, that's more than 2.9MB obviously, it wouldn't have sent those 2 out if the limit was that.

05-23-11 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD