Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry User

Anyone know if harrow has any, i am going to try and get one tomorrow. More than happy to pick additional one or two, and can post locally. If you let me know in advance and if they are in stock.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24D72E0F

I picked up the last two in Chester Currys today. Chuffed to bits at the price!!!!! Oh and if it helps anyone the Currys stock code is 142112 I think. Speeds up the search instore
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker_86 View Post
    Hi, just picked one up, finally have a stand to put my Playbook on when travelling on long train journeys! Was going to buy a second one for my desk at the office but after reading that a few people missed out because their local PC World sold out of them I felt guilty about depriving someone else of a charging pod so just got one for home.

For anyone in the South West London/Surrey area, I went to the New Malden store near Wimbledon/Kingston, and they had about 6 or 7 left (head to the tablet section and they're stacked up next to the Playbooks on display)
    Thanks so. much for this post... I went to wimbledon and they never sold them and then went here and got one
    CrackBerry Master

Anyone know how long this offer is going to be running for? I probably won't have a chance to get to a store in the next couple of days, at least.

I almost went into a PC World/Currys a few days ago too, right at the start of the sales, but didn't bother because I didn't think they'd have anything I wanted reduced. Regret that decision now.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    PIN
    24CA5D48 PB pin 502763C8

A big thank you to slparry for posting the product code, saved the day for me. 20 min drive to the Metro Centre, Gateshead, 10 mins to park. Approached a very helpful assistant who was initially clueless and suggested I try the larger superstores! have the product code says I; will check local stores on the computer says he. Showed several local stores, still a considerable drive for me, with limited stock. 'Strange' he proclaims, 'its showing we have one in stock here, Ill check out the back'. He returns with the one in hand, which arrived in stock today......... 4.99.... result. The only down side is I cant use my journal case, but I have the travel charger for that. Just need a good deal on a keyboard and mouse now! All we need now is for RIM to push OS10 before the end of the year, or at least a stand alone BBM
    Last edited by BigwhiteUK; 12-29-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    9300, 9900, Z10, Z30 . PlayBook 64GB. Nexus 7 v2 Kit Kat
    Thanked by:
    slparry (12-29-2012) 
    slparry likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24D72E0F

I bought the leather OEM slip case while collecting my charging pods. It was reduced from 19.99 to 9.99. I prefer the slip case as it's slimmer and allows the device to fit in a pocket in my rucksack which goes in the top box when riding to work. The reason for getting the PB was to have a device to use while on motorcycle tours, laptops are a bit too big, as are ipads, ipad mini is way too expensive. My mobile phone will do all the PB can do but is too fiddly for long term use, the PB fits the bill perfectly!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    PIN
    24CA5D48 PB pin 502763C8

And bridge the PB to a BB you have a 3G PB! I sideloaded Telmap Navigator - turn by turn GPS, only works with a data connection, either wifi or bridged to BB.
    9300, 9900, Z10, Z30 . PlayBook 64GB. Nexus 7 v2 Kit Kat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

It all sounds a bit unrealistic to be honest. If any company wanted to sell something at mass, they wouldn't not put it on their website.
    Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Crowezine View Post
    It all sounds a bit unrealistic to be honest. If any company wanted to sell something at mass, they wouldn't not put it on their website.
    You realise that people in this thread have bought it at this price, right? It's not "unrealistic", it's fact. Just because they don't do the offer online doesn't mean it isn't real.
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: PC World selling Official Playbook Desk Charger - 4.99

Yep. Just bought a couple of this more just because they are unrealistically cheap. Now, I am a happy owner of 3 charging pods.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Bugger. Im still struggling to get even one
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yay, I've managed to get myself one, plus one for two friends and a relative

It took some doing though, as local store hadn't even heard of this deal, let alone had any in stock at any price. So, good old Google for contact details to other, slightly further away, branches and quoting the product code that 123nat provided 2 days ago, I was able to track some down.

So, with the assistant putting these aside for me (so that I didn't travel all that way and they had none left ...) I was able to go there and buy them today - getting the 4 was financially viable, of course. Also, was able to visit a lovely elderly relative who lives out that way. So, all in all, a success, eh?

Just in case anyone is concerned, I will only be getting cost price for these, and am not going to make a profit! In fact, I'll be a bit out of pocket, because of fuel and parking costs!!! Umm, I'm a kind gal ...

Thanks for all the help you folks have provided that has led to this success
    Cheers
    123nat likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quick heads up, if you are still looking, every PCworld/Currys in Bristol had new stock today (2nd Jan), don't know about the rest of the country. Don't hang around though as they only had one each!
    CrackBerry User

I'm in Cheshire and can't find any stock at all in the surrounding area -

Anyone know of stock nearby>

Cheers
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Checked my local places in central London and nada - if anyone can pick up a spare let me know!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

No luck for me in South West scotland or north Yorkshire. )-;
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Our local PC World had three yesterday. As I picked one up two other people took the other two at the same time.

That was a close shave.
    CrackBerry Abuser

They are shown online now! ( and you can reserve an pick up from the store in 1 hour ) shame the nearest store that has one is 80 miles away! Do you get the cable with them? Buy BLACKBERRY PlayBook Rapid Charging Stand - 12V | Free Delivery | Currys
    CrackBerry Abuser

This store seems to be the only one that has them anywhere near me!

Currys Cumbernauld
    Unit 3 Westway Retail Park
    Castle Cary Road
    CrackBerry Abuser

None in N.Ireland at the moment.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Broxster View Post
    None in N.Ireland at the moment.
    Well that sucks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by alexwise View Post
    Yep. Just bought a couple of this more just because they are unrealistically cheap. Now, I am a happy owner of 3 charging pods.
    No wonder others cant get them in-store if people buy 3 "just because they are unrealistically cheap".
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Rapson View Post
    No wonder others cant get them in-store if people buy 3 "just because they are unrealistically cheap".

It does seem a tad self centered.....
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123