Hi got one today at Currys coventry. Thanks for the post. They had a few left though hw they expect to sell them when all the accessories. We're unpriced I have no idea.
    12-27-12 05:09 PM
    A few in Oxford Botley Road so got one.
    Now why can't PCW do a similar deal on the case and mini keyboard????
    Also price of PB 64GB dropped by �5.

Sent from my BlackBerry� Curve 3G using Tapatalk
    12-27-12 05:31 PM
    Holy crap....I was just about to order a couple of these from the crackberry store ie from the States. ....�4.99..? Straight down to Curries tomorrow for me!

Thanks for the post!
    12-27-12 05:59 PM
    Thanks to this thread I managed to purchase two today... One for the office and one for home.

Downloaded FlipClock Glow from AppWorld to create a great bedside clock! :-)

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails -uploadfromtaptalk1356653488372.jpg  
    12-27-12 06:11 PM
    Quick question - Is it bad for your playbook battery if you leave it on the charger all the time! I just find it so cool on my desk standing there?

I know from experience leaving my bb phone on the charger overnight ruins the battery :-(
    Just unplug mains from back of charging pod.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    123nat likes this.
    12-28-12 03:20 AM
    Harrogate store had been stripped out
    12-28-12 03:54 AM
    I bought mine on Christmas Eve.. I was in there picking up a playbook with my father-in-law who was buying it for my mother-in-law for xmas

so bad news... I now have the mother-in-law constantly available for video chat...

good news... picked up a dirt cheap charging pod which is shared between me, my wife and our son!

now if the in-laws are viewing this on their shiny new playbook..... I'm only kidding
    12-28-12 04:12 AM
    just got mine. pc world bath has none, got the last one from bristol avonmeads. anyone round by me will need to check either cribbs or winterstoke. like others have said there was no indication of the sale, no price on or around the unit, but scanned up at 4.99. great find, thanks for the share!
    12-28-12 05:09 AM
    Hi, just picked one up, finally have a stand to put my Playbook on when travelling on long train journeys! Was going to buy a second one for my desk at the office but after reading that a few people missed out because their local PC World sold out of them I felt guilty about depriving someone else of a charging pod so just got one for home.

For anyone in the South West London/Surrey area, I went to the New Malden store near Wimbledon/Kingston, and they had about 6 or 7 left (head to the tablet section and they're stacked up next to the Playbooks on display)
    12-28-12 05:29 AM
    Hi, just picked one up, finally have a stand to put my Playbook on when travelling on long train journeys! Was going to buy a second one for my desk at the office but after reading that a few people missed out because their local PC World sold out of them I felt guilty about depriving someone else of a charging pod so just got one for home.

For anyone in the South West London/Surrey area, I went to the New Malden store near Wimbledon/Kingston, and they had about 6 or 7 left (head to the tablet section and they're stacked up next to the Playbooks on display)
    I wouldn't feel guilty about buying an extra one for something you'll validly use - or even as a spare - I suspect there will be pockets of them in areas, and cleaned out in other areas. It's the people who clear the shelves and buy loads to sell on at a profit that irk me - it's not like it's some business model they're supporting, it's just opportuinism, when the same people are more than likely members of community forums like this.

I bought one, and I probably wouldn't have bothered at normal or even half normal price, as I already have the travel rapid charger, and wasn't going to bother with the stand / desk one. I also bought one for my parents who also have a PlayBook. I don't feel guilty about that - the store I bought mine from had, at a guess around 5 still visible hanging on the shelf stand.
    12-28-12 05:42 AM
    Just stripped PC World, Winterstoke Rd Bristol bare, well I took the one they had left! so it looks like the word is getting around.
    12-28-12 06:11 AM
    None in stock that I could see at Aberdeen (Bridge of Dee store) - will look further afield tomorrow ,,,,,,
    Just picked 2 up in Aberdeen (Berryden) but also had some on display at Hutcheon Street and Bridge of Dee stores. Was really after the travel rapid cbarger so will keep looking.
    12-28-12 07:12 AM
    Quick question - Is it bad for your playbook battery if you leave it on the charger all the time! I just find it so cool on my desk standing there?

I know from experience leaving my bb phone on the charger overnight ruins the battery :-(
    No, because they are trickle chargers.

I've called PCW and they can't see any in stock near me. (South East - UK)
    12-28-12 08:16 AM
    Thank you guys. just got the last one from PC World Poole. Unlike others, it had label with price hanging above it. Also got an official book case for 9.99. Freaking awesome!
    12-28-12 09:41 AM
    Thank you guys. just got the last one from PC World Poole. Unlike others, it had label with price hanging above it. Also got an official book case for 9.99. Freaking awesome!
    Result
    12-28-12 10:00 AM
    Here's crossing fingers PC World Stratford has some when I get there after work!

PC World Westfield in Stratford has one left after I nabbed 3 for me and family...
    Last edited by michaelatkinson; 12-28-12 at 12:35 PM.
    12-28-12 10:33 AM
    thanks for the heads up on this! went to my local store in Stockport and they were out, but just down the road in Ashton they had 4 so grabbed one there the sales woman didn't know about the offer and got one for herself. it was great to see the 64g PB flying off the shelf!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    12-28-12 10:46 AM
    Just been to the PC world in kirkcaldy and none at all.

Gutted
    12-28-12 10:52 AM
    Anyone know if the Wimbledon branch has one? I only want one. Haha
    12-28-12 11:11 AM
    In case anyone's interested got dragged to Cribbs Causeway this afternoon (**** on earth!), but did pop into PC World there. The whole PB accessories section was stripped bare! Its the only place i've seen where the charger had a markup of �4.99, but all gone (no surprises there!). So that's 4 of 4 around Bristol which have been stripped!
    12-28-12 11:58 AM
    PC world in Blackpool (by the airport) has some left on the shelf. Got two today.
    12-28-12 12:12 PM
    Just been to the PC world in kirkcaldy and none at all.

Gutted
    Worth checking again - my local PCW had stock today but none yesterday (my guess is that there will be plenty)
    12-28-12 01:04 PM
    Spoken with the store Manager today

Sadly once they have sold out they will either not be re-stocked or will return to full price.

Great that I helped so many get one! But sorry to all that missed out.

He did say they are selling like crazy
    12-28-12 02:29 PM
    Currys in Bradford (Forster square) have still got some in. Just picked one up. Had to ask though.
    12-28-12 02:46 PM
    Aaaah. Get me one and post it or I'll pick it up

Just goes to show that if you sell the right thing at the right price....
    12-28-12 02:55 PM
73 123