Well now that every retailer in Ontario at least is completly sold out - do you think we will see more available while this sale is on?

A couple Walmarts i talked to said they are not getting anymore and Future Shop does not know when or if they will. Most websites say 'sold out' which could mean that's it forever!! I mean it just all seems so final.
    Keep checking ! I just ordered 3 from LondonDrugs.ca (free shipping in Canada). Also I heard BestBuy had 2000 available online this morning but quickly sold them. Indigo said they are expecting more too ....

Also, some retailers are offering the deal for 2 weeks .... keep eye on them as they will NEED to be getting more !!! haahaa
    11-22-11 05:47 PM
    Futureshop now has over 2300 available for back order. get them well you can as BB went through 2000 in under 3 hours earlier.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...468602d043en02
    11-22-11 06:14 PM
    They had on Display,
    native email, native calendar with some nice views
    They had the PlayBook being able to use a BlackBerry handset as a input tool!!! (BIGGEST FEATURE for me hello awesome keyboard)
    They had spellcheck Word Substitution included
    I can't begin to tell you what a relief it is to see this. Motley Fool earlier today was expounding on the possibility of this big sale being the final sell-off (Say Hello to a New $199 Tablet (RIMM)). Looks now like it was purely speculation. Whew.
    11-22-11 06:25 PM
    I am worried that something is wrong here. My nearby best buy has no displays, no playbooks anywhere and says after the last 32 gig is sold ( they have one left in back) the item will be removed from their system and they won't be getting more.

Is this a case of best buy employee stupidity ( i know they are a haven for misinformation and bad tech advice)Can someone check their nearby store?
    11-22-11 06:39 PM
    I know that Staples has a Black Friday deal in place that puts the 32GB at $249.99 But if I could snag a 64GB for the same price, well... that's a no brainer.
    11-22-11 06:53 PM
    no problem ordering in stock at Ma Bell's website:

BlackBerry PlayBook from Bell Mobility
    11-22-11 07:29 PM
    64gb are on Walmart website
    11-22-11 08:55 PM
    Lol - i would have thought of all cities we would have the most stock! I mean i live 5 minutes from RIM - i'm literally down the road!

Anyways, i guess it's just the 'keep checking the stores' kind of game now.
    You could drive to RIM-1 and order a BlackBerry PlayBook at the drive-thru window. "Would you like a BlackBerry smartphone with that tablet?" would be the next words you would hear from the intercom. To which you reply, "I will have a Bold 9790 smartphone as I am watching my figure."
    00stryder, nabatron and gman-88 like this.
    11-22-11 09:38 PM
    My nieces will go apesh*t if they can use their curves as bt mouse and keyboard. In their lingo, i believe that qualifies as sick.
    nabatron and 00stryder like this.
    11-22-11 10:27 PM
    You could drive to RIM-1 and order a BlackBerry PlayBook at the drive-thru window. "Would you like a BlackBerry smartphone with that tablet?" would be the next words you would hear from the intercom. To which you reply, "I will have a Bold 9790 smartphone as I am watching my figure."
    lol

10char
    11-22-11 11:02 PM
    I went to best buy and I only saw the 16gb(2 more left). But was interesting the 229 for the 64gb was on display, I asked the supervisor r they getting more. I was thinking about goin to staples too.He said they r this week. .I was planning on going friday when I get paid..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 03:02 AM
    Then do you think there is any truth to the rumor of getting the sales back on for the 64GB from BestBuy? Some people mentioned they were told BestBuy would be getting them back in on Wednesday (tomorrow) and the sale would probably go on again. Others mentioned that the 64GB is not going to be carried any more.

I'd jump on the 64GB if I can find it >$300, but even at $400 i'm debating.
    I for one will be keeping an eye out - but as of last week, here at least, they were completely sold out- I got the last 16g for 199.

Really amazing if they don't restock the shelves before the holiday but who knows?
    gman-88 likes this.
    11-23-11 03:13 AM
    My nieces will go apesh*t if they can use their curves as bt mouse and keyboard. In their lingo, i believe that qualifies as sick.
    I will go apesh*t also and in any lingo that would be sick!
    11-23-11 03:15 AM
    how about multi-langs input and keyboards? this is one of the major limitations.
    11-23-11 03:17 AM
    They had on Display,
    They had the PlayBook being able to use a BlackBerry handset as a input tool!!! (BIGGEST FEATURE for me hello awesome keyboard)
    Omg! me too I mean isn't this why we bought blackberries in the first place? to not be able to use the keyboard still would be just .. dumb.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-23-11 at 03:22 AM.
    11-23-11 03:18 AM
    It seems that people have forgotten that Sears.ca is a source for PlayBooks too.

I ordered my 2nd 64G through the website and a new Otterbox Defender through Costco.ca ($15 cheaper than Shop CrackBerry ).

It seems that Sears doesn't charge the enviro fee on these either.
    11-23-11 06:34 AM
    The manager at the staples where I bought my PlayBook said there was another order coming in but the general consensus was that they would no longer be carrying them. The staples in Ottawa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 07:38 AM
    Ordered one for my girlfriend for xmas from Chapters.ca, they say it will ship by December 8th so they are definitely back-ordered, but still selling them.
    11-23-11 08:18 AM
    They had on Display,
    I said it somewhere that jaws would crash to the floor everywhere if we could use a BB keyboard to type ona PB, and you are saying it is in the works?
    11-23-11 08:36 AM
    if the inventory is actually over 200,000 you will not have to worry about retailers not stocking the shelves with them. I know my local futureshop is receiving a shipment tomorrow.
    11-23-11 10:40 AM
    They had on Display,
    Those last two new features are the ones I REALLY wanted for OS2... fantastic news. An email client would be good (especially now that I'm not on BES/BIS), Android support is kinda cool technically, but those two plus DLNA and BT Audio streaming would make the device darn near perfect in my eyes.
    11-23-11 10:56 AM
    RIM supports the playbook. They need a tablet device and the current pb is probably a stepping stone to larger sizes, a range of tablet products like the phones....

The stores ran-out early, it is a good deal, a $500 tablet for $200
    11-23-11 10:57 AM
    the pb is here to stay. ive seen more PBs fly off my shelves these past two weeks then the last six months. the reason for this fire sale is to get them out there in the world so that when Feb comes with 2.0 people can see the true power of the PB. RIM and the PlayBook Re here to stay and take over the tablet world!!

woot rim
    00stryder likes this.
    11-23-11 11:01 AM
    Ok so i jumped to the first page of this thread to see the OP, then i jumped back to the last page, scroll a bit and low and behold I see your post. Now i have to read the whole thread. Gee thks!!!
    That was the idea - I was trying to bring attention to this important news! Glad it worked but sorry lol
    11-23-11 11:29 AM
    Futureshop in BARRHAVEN(in Ottawa) said that they were getting some in stock TODAY!!!!

But then again she also said that RIM was discontinuing the 7" Tablet all together which is why they were selling them at this price, which they are not.
    11-23-11 11:56 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD