Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RohrohrohURboat
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default PB won't save wifi network

Whenever I turn off my Playbook and then turn it back on, I have to put my password back in to reconnect to router. This randomly started happening a few days ago. I don't remember changing any settings.
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,200 Global Posts

go in to your wifi profiles
    and if it is saved there, delete it

reboot pb and router
    and re try
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ditto same problem. No wifi's can be saved on one playbook, OK on other Playbook.They all disappeared and can't be saved.
    I have over 150 apps. So, definitely don't want to do anything drastic!
    I have 3 button rebooted. Didn't fix.
    I am waiting hopefully for next update!!!!
    CrackBerry User

My 64gb PB shows the same issue.
    I tried the reboot, have the most updated OS and also have many apps.
    No luck.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,793 Global Posts

Never had a problem with that. How about some screen shots of your settings?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Never had a problem with that. How about some screen shots of your settings?
    What shots are you interested in seeing?
    Which settings?
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,793 Global Posts

How about these for starters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PB won't save wifi network-img_00000029.jpg   PB won't save wifi network-img_00000030.jpg  
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Yes. Same for me in UK

Since last Friday, my PB will not remember Saved Networks. I have to connect manually each time I use PB. Do we think it is an outcome of recent small update?
    No problems at all with connecting before. Tried the reboot of PB and Router to no avail.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,793 Global Posts

Nothing to do with the update. Mine and most still work as always. Maybe an app you've installed?
    CrackBerry User

I am also thinking an app has done this.
    CrackBerry User

Another thing I have noticed that started at the same time is when turning on the PB, wifi is on...even if it was turned off before turning the PB off.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,793 Global Posts

What did you install before it started happening? Delete it and see if OK.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Still not automatically picking up WiFi settings after couple of apps deleted. Air Browser update and Command.... update deleted too. Back to square one! Any more thoughts.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,793 Global Posts

Backup and wipe.
    CrackBerry User

Could you please post directions how to back everything up and wipe.
    Sorry for the lack of experience with the PB.
    I appreciate your help.
    Will the wipe include the OS update?
    I ask only so I can make sure I have enough time to reinstall everything before I need the PB again.

Thanks
    Dylan
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,793 Global Posts

You can use desktop manager to backup or just copy your files to a computer. The dm backup will not backup your apps but they can be installed again from app world. I'm not sure I would restore settings as this might get you right back where you are. I'm not sure if not restoring settings if your game progress will not be restored either as I just copy my files I want.

To wipe, gear, security, security wipe. I would use it for a bit before restoring anything to see how it goes and if all good then restore. After the wipe you will go thru the setup again and it will update again. Make sure your battery is charged before doing it also.
    Thanked by:
    insyncro (05-29-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

I was having the same problem. Installing the new beta OS 2.1 seems to have fixed the problem.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    I was having the same problem. Installing the new beta OS 2.1 seems to have fixed the problem.
    Same here.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Have same problem as above; one PB saves networks and the other no longer does. No apps added both on same settings, have rest router...How did you get the beta OS 2.1?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I solved disabling password security

In the main menu-> Security -> Password
    Disable password and you will see all the wifi networks saved and saved again the new networks.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    24CC0E8E

Quote Originally Posted by dee.dubya View Post
    Whenever I turn off my Playbook and then turn it back on, I have to put my password back in to reconnect to router. This randomly started happening a few days ago. I don't remember changing any settings.
    Hmmm my second PB has just started doing this. Every time I restart it or turn it off then on, the saved Wifi networks are no longer recognized. Very painful as I need to input the passwords again.

It seem to have started once I bridged it with a Z10. I've deleted the bridging and BT link but still it seems to lose the WIFI network info.

Very weird as my other PB, I have bridged with both a Z10 and 9900 along with half a dozen WIFI networks and it doesn't have an issue.

I'm planning on backing up only the Applications then wiping it and starting again. Use BB Link. Probably do a dry run with the WIFI before restoring it.

I'll let you know hopefully.
    Pearl 8100, BOLD 8800, 9760 BOLD 9900, PLAYBOOK 64Gb and Z10 (24CC0E8E)

Life is good

If I recall, the pb or maybe it was the phones or maybe BOTH ways, shared the SAVED WIFI connections. So that when one had wifi info, it was then available on the other. Wonder if that "sharing connection" does not quite work between the older pb and the newer devices??? But, again, I don't recall exactly what the prior relationship was.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    24CC0E8E

Bizarre, I did a wipe and the PB still didn't save or store the wifi network. I then ran the latest update 2.1.0.1526 over my wifi network.

After restart, in the Wifi settings menu, it showed the Wifi network as saved but not accessible. I went into the drop list ”Saved Networks”. It showed my wifi network as saved but not accessible. I then double tapped on it checked parameters then saved it.

Done, it then connected and after a number of restarts still has kept all Wifi network details.

I still haven't restored all the original application but I will keep you informed if it reverts to having short term memory issues.
    Pearl 8100, BOLD 8800, 9760 BOLD 9900, PLAYBOOK 64Gb and Z10 (24CC0E8E)

Life is good
    F2 likes this.