hi there

i have a bold 9900 and recently got a playbook. i originally had the 9900 on my home wifi network (wpa2) when i tried to connect the playbook. i noticed the network was already saved from bridging, but when i tried to actually connect to the network it kept coming back with failed attempts.

i figured out that i could have either the playbook added OR the phone but not BOTH (unless the network was unlocked). i'm wondering if this is just a problem i'm having or if others have had it too. also, how can i get both devices connected together?

i've tried resetting the router to no avail. hopefully someone can give me an answer here.

thanks in advance
    01-11-12 08:01 PM
    I have an older 9650/Bold and both it and my pb can be on the network together.

Maybe a router/network guru will have some suggestions.
    01-11-12 10:19 PM
    1. Set wifi to 802.11/g (not n or b/g/n mixed mode. Only g.
    2. Make sure your devices don't have the same name!
    3. If your phone is unlocked, upgrade to the latest 7.1.0.190. It just works.
    01-11-12 10:21 PM
    Did you ever set things up in your router to assign static IP addresses? Might have a conflict. Or MAC address filtering? Well, no if the work one at a time......
    01-11-12 10:59 PM
    Some routers & access points have a maximum number of Wifi clients. Also, if your router allows you to set the DHCP scope or network mask, make sure it has enough available IP addresses.
    01-12-12 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD