View Poll Results: what version of the PB would you buy if they both cost the same after carrier rebate

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wifi only without contract

69 88.46%
  • 3/4g with contract and carrier discount to match wifi only price

9 11.54%
    I'm sure people that travel heavily and maybe even business users would be more prone to get a carrier version. I know, if money wasn't as much of a concern for me, I would obviously opt for the always connected carrier version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    agree except that roaming data charges would be killer.

why not just buy a sim card in the country your in and put it in you phone, then tether to the PB whenever you need it?
    06-02-11 08:47 PM
    Tethering or bridging is cheaper (bridging might be highly improved after updates + newer BB devices)... 4g battery life is gonna suck... 3g/4g devices will generally be carrier locked (at least in the US) whereas wifi can be re-sold to anyone or carried over...

etc... etc....

There just isn't a great deal of benefit to it and a lot of downsides, granted some people will opt for it anyways.
    06-02-11 08:55 PM
    I have WiFi version of PlayBook and I just use Verizon 4G LTE MiFi to get on internet on the road. Plus with MiFi, I can get use up to 5 devices on it. I wouldn't sign 2yr contract for any tablets.
    06-02-11 10:17 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD