PB KO's Touchpad in 5 of 6 rounds. TP had no chance coming into the fight.

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV
    uci2ci, gord888 and shupor like this.
    07-09-11 12:04 AM
    Good to see more positive news.
    They didn't even talk about portability...
    07-09-11 12:14 AM
    Wait what? It showed at the end the final score was in the Touchpad's favor
    07-09-11 12:16 AM
    Wait what? It showed at the end the final score was in the Touchpad's favor
    Clearly the PB won. He said 3.5 to 3. The final score on the video was definitely a typo.
    07-09-11 12:31 AM
    Yep, PB is definitely better, but another example of the geniuses doing reviews on these devices, they can't even get the final score to match what they show on the screen. And these sites are supposed to be educating consumers!

All comes down to form factor I would still say, if you want portability and to actually use it not in your house by a PB, if you want 10" go iPad.
    Nikeem24 likes this.
    07-09-11 12:45 AM
    PB shows time and time again that it could stand alongside 10in giants. Among 7in, PB towers over the competition. I would consider this an X factor.
    07-09-11 12:53 AM
    hellz yeah!
    i wish theyd stop dinging the pb for being a 7 in tablet tough....portrait mode is over rated landscape is king
    Dapper37 and anon(3896606) like this.
    07-09-11 01:12 AM
    PB is the shizzle. Nuff' said.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    07-09-11 01:38 AM
    i think they should've talked about how viewing media content was on both tablets; such as how good/bad the speakers are, clarity of the screen and how bright it is, the playbook really shines there.
    07-09-11 01:46 AM
    hmm, I wonder what calculator "application" they used for computing the final score... it definitely have "bugs"...
    07-09-11 02:46 AM
    hellz yeah!
    i wish theyd stop dinging the pb for being a 7 in tablet tough....portrait mode is over rated landscape is king
    Okay i dont get it... the 7" size is a PLUS. Why are so many crapweasel reviewers overlooking this?

Okay we beat portability to death so i wont cover that... buy simple everyday dynamics make a 7" tablet preferable. In te front seat of my truck for example.

Yea i would buy a 10" playbook... and it would never leave the house. Grabbing this little gym for the road makes much more sense.

If bigger is unquestionably better, make one two feet across and be done with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 05:38 AM
    PlayBook rocks....
    07-09-11 07:27 AM
    The smaller form factor was a big reason I bought the PB. Portable devices should portable. The video reminded me again just how unwieldy the 10" size is. The TP looks like a dinnerplate in comparison.
    07-09-11 07:49 AM
    Jim and Mike have taken a beating over the past few months, but they have made some great decisions;

- 7" PB design;
    - QNX purchase;
    - TAT purchase;
    - BB Bridge;

This is the turning point for RIM! I see there stock price up to $50+ by this time next year!
    07-09-11 07:58 AM
    Wow.... I thought webOS was better than that. That thing is DOA... the PB is awesome!
    valtter and Marcel38 like this.
    07-09-11 08:05 AM
    So on a scale of 5, the PlayBook gets 3.5 (70%) and the TouchPad gets 3 (60%). That's basically a C- beating a D-. I am not sure either score is anything to brag about.
    K Bear and howarmat like this.
    07-09-11 08:46 AM
    So on a scale of 5, the PlayBook gets 3.5 (70%) and the TouchPad gets 3 (60%). That's basically a C- beating a D-. I am not sure either score is anything to brag about.
    Also, we cannot forget absence of meaningful sales for the TouchPad, as well as slowing PlayBook sales. Both of these companies need to find a way to connect with consumers better, because the demand just isn't there right now.
    K Bear likes this.
    07-09-11 09:31 AM
    Pb ftw!!!!
    07-09-11 11:33 AM
    Hopefully RIM will soon start landing Military and Government sales once it is the only tablet with a FIPS approved crypto kernel, and gets the native e-mail and PIM. There was an article late last week saying it is doing well in Military testing. I know some people like to think that Android and Apple can pull this off, but they haven't been able to yet, and they don't meet the requirements without a sandboxed, third party app.
    07-09-11 02:54 PM
    Okay i dont get it... the 7" size is a PLUS. Why are so many crapweasel reviewers overlooking this?

Okay we beat portability to death so i wont cover that... buy simple everyday dynamics make a 7" tablet preferable. In te front seat of my truck for example.

Yea i would buy a 10" playbook... and it would never leave the house. Grabbing this little gym for the road makes much more sense.

If bigger is unquestionably better, make one two feet across and be done with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    and its not just the size, but the weight and usage dynamics ...if my memory serves me correctly from what i remember from my bio class (im a pre-med student) muscle fatigue increases exponentially with added weight. now im 200 lbs, faily strong, but i can tell you the ipad fatigued my arm while typing for extended periods of time. my ex gf had an ipad. i couldnt hold the ipad in landscape mode and type comfortably (ur hands have to reach across a broad keyboard)

in portrait mode, thumb typing was easier, but the weight distribution would put a strain on my wrists.

granted, my ex had ipad 1 (heavier) and the new iOS is gonna have a break apart keyboard), but the small bit of weight difference actually make a world of difference in usability
    07-09-11 04:11 PM
    I am clearly suffering some kind of mental breakdown - I always thought the 7" was a reason I WANTED to buy a PB.....
    07-09-11 04:24 PM
    I was blown away when they showed the back of the TP and all the fingerprints it attracts because of it's glossy surface....I agree with the video: "NASTY". So glad that RIM went with the "rubbery" coating for the PB.
    07-09-11 09:20 PM
    These things have to be taken with a grain of salt. CNET did another 'Prizefight' pitting the Galaxy Tab (7") vs the iPad (1 not 2) here.

The iPad scored a 4.4 and the Tab scored a 3.7. So you're telling me that 7" Galaxy Tab scores 0.2 over the Playbook? I'm pretty sure that CNET's rating system is neither IEEE nor ISO compliant. The rating is relative and the scoring is arbitrary.

The thing that really concerns me about this comparison is that I had much higher hopes for the Touchpad. I thought that it was going to give the Playbook a run for it's money. HP is committed to WebOS as a corporate strategy and has the financial backing to try again.

Everyone complains that the Playbook was released incomplete. At least it has the hardware and OS framework to carry it forward. I don't see HP being able to release any software updates to hide rear fingerprints or install a camrea. For those who continually call QNX a copy of WebOS, I like QNX's implementation of WebOS better than HP's.
    07-09-11 11:05 PM
    I was blown away when they showed the back of the TP and all the fingerprints it attracts because of it's glossy surface....I agree with the video: "NASTY". So glad that RIM went with the "rubbery" coating for the PB.
    You should see MobileTechReview's review of the TP on Youtube....it was downright gross the way the back of the TP looked!
    07-09-11 11:09 PM
    The TP is garbage... I played with one today at Best Buy and it was plain laughable.
    07-10-11 12:38 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD