Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SifJar
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    PIN
    Friends Only. I need friends :(.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default PB and Ultraviolet Movies?

Hello Forum...TGIF!

Was wondering if any of you peeps with a PB have used the new Ultraviolet format on your PB and if so how was the streaming on it.

Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    PIN
    Friends Only. I need friends :(.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Now that I have my PB I will update this thread.
    No, it will not play the videos. The PB can log in, it can also go as far as the "buffering" but then I get Java error. I keep refreshing etc and so far no go. Oh well if something comes up I will update you guys as I do check on it at least once a day. Yeah I am that persistently annoying
    CrackBerry User

Just tried streaming an Ultraviolet film on my Playbook and it seems to work well.
    CrackBerry User

Can you also download the file to the PlayBook??

Would be nice to have it locally rather than over the air!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I tried to download from flixter and it doesn't work. Something about the browser can't support it. I tried first from the ultraviolet Site and they told me that the download doesn't work yet. What the **** is that all about? Either way I'm annoyed because I intentionally got the uv movies so I could have them on my PB.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anik91 View Post
    Can you also download the file to the PlayBook??

Would be nice to have it locally rather than over the air!
    I'd assume the videos will have DRM, which I don't think the PB can handle. I did receive a few DVDs with UV recently, so I'll maybe be able to test soon.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Have you tried using different browsers? I use the Dolphin Browser (sideloaded) and it works a lot better on media sites... but I haven't used the Ultraviolet service.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by scalemaster34 View Post
    Have you tried using different browsers? I use the Dolphin Browser (sideloaded) and it works a lot better on media sites... but I haven't used the Ultraviolet service.
    There's no way that can be right. Dolphin on the PB doesn't support Flash, and has poorer HTML5 support as well. There can't be very many media sites it works with at all, let alone better than the stock browser.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I've used my Playbook to watch two ultraviolet movies. No problems here.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Default Re: PB and Ultraviolet Movies?

flash isn't required that much anymore... and while not perfect it seems to get the job done on the sites I've tried it.

I think the fact that iOS has such a large presence online, has force most sites to adapt to the their lack of flash support.

not saying it will work just that I've found it useful to have "several" browsers on my PlayBook. if I rin into a problem on a site, usually one of them will work.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi Newbie here,

Just bought my little girl a PB for xmas with the intention of using UV/Flixster but found that i could only watch streamed films from the website and not download the Film to my PB,when i try and download the Flixster APP.it says "This Item is not supported by your current profile" what does this mean?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Br1anT.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Br1anT View Post
    Hi Newbie here,

Just bought my little girl a PB for xmas with the intention of using UV/Flixster but found that i could only watch streamed films from the website and not download the Film to my PB,when i try and download the Flixster APP.it says "This Item is not supported by your current profile" what does this mean?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Br1anT.
    There is no Flixster app for Playbook. There's one for Android, and presumably iOS as well. I don't know if the Android one works on the PB, but if it does you would need to go through the process of either finding an already converted version, or finding an APK and converting it yourself, and then in either case you would have to "sideload" it.
    Thanked by:
    Br1anT (12-28-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks SifJar
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,116 Global Posts

Every time I try to stream a movie from ultraviolet, the Playbook browser gives me error 500 - The server is experiencing technical difficulties.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,116 Global Posts

Anyone else?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    258B7BDC

Works fine for me. I just use the pb browser to go to flixter site and log in that way. No problem watching films.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by mud314 View Post
    Hello Forum...TGIF!

Was wondering if any of you peeps with a PB have used the new Ultraviolet format on your PB and if so how was the streaming on it.

Thanks.
    A reluctant iPhone 4s user who would STILL be a Blackberry user had RIM not messed it's own bed by putting a "Fisher Price Camera" in it's "flagship" Blackberry Bold 9930.
    CrackBerry Master

Unfortunately it ( the Playbook ) can't handle streaming UV licensed media via Flixter. I spent several hours and my record has been slightly under 15 minutes before it hangs or the fatal error burps up the multi colored lines.
    A reluctant iPhone 4s user who would STILL be a Blackberry user had RIM not messed it's own bed by putting a "Fisher Price Camera" in it's "flagship" Blackberry Bold 9930.