I've spent about five hours on this, and so I thought I'd join this forum for help.

I've been trying to sync a film onto my PB but when I do connect it to the DM all it says is "A problem occurred trying to connect your Blackberry device" when I click on ANY media sync on the left hand side of DM.
    So here's what I've done, unplugged usb then replugged it, wiped the whole device, turned off the wi-fi and bluetooth (as some said it worked after turning it off) and used a different USB cable. Note that I do have both latest updates on the PB and DM (I've also tried the Wi-Fi sharing thing, but it doesn't seem to work aswell)...

Please help, I feel like I'm going slightly mental with all this frustration.
    Last edited by kevinklot; 09-16-11 at 03:46 PM. Reason: just wanted to change the title
    09-16-11 03:33 PM
    did u try connecting to your pb using ip address?

from windows ->look for 'run' -> type in '\\ [ipaddress]' (u can find your ipaddress for your playbook by going to network from your settings icon in the top right corner.

it should open a window that you can just drag files to.

Personally..ive never tried using DM to connect to your pb, sry cant be of much help in this regard. however, the ipaddress method that i have listed has never failed me.
    09-16-11 04:17 PM
    Try rebooting your computer, rebooting the PlayBook, then opening Desktop Manager before you plug in the PB. That may help the PB connect. Instead of trying to sync the movie onto your PB, simply open Windows Explorer and either drag the movie onto the PlayBook video folder or copy and paste it. I've not had much luck using the sync for PB.

Are you on Windows 7? I've noticed that Desktop Manager doesn't automatically start the mass storage under Windows 7 as it does under Windows XP. That could have something to do with it too.
    09-16-11 05:50 PM
    I never transfer files to or from my PlayBook connected to my computer. It is always done via WiFi. My PlayBook is on my desk in a charging dock and I open Windows Explorer and in the address bar I type \\192.168.xxx.x

It transfer just as fast and never fails.
    09-16-11 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD