Do you agree with me that a trial version of software must become mandatory for paid apps?

Howmany times did you pay for an app which turn out to be worthless?

If it's App World or App Store or Android, it's all the same thing.

I get sick of it.
    12-10-11 02:47 PM
    what do you think is better? paid apps with trial version? or paid apps with lite free version
    12-10-11 03:20 PM
    I think a trial version. That way you get to test the full app and not just a scaled down one.
    12-10-11 03:34 PM
    I think a trial version. That way you get to test the full app and not just a scaled down one.
    +1 I agree. With the trial version you get the experience of the real app
    12-10-11 03:38 PM
    I agree. Allows one to make a better informed choice before purchasing/passing on it.
    12-10-11 04:09 PM
    what do you think is better? paid apps with trial version? or paid apps with lite free version
    A trial for the mentioned reasons.

for me, it must be made mandatory.
    12-10-11 04:13 PM
    +∞

May I please jump on the "I agree with you" Band Wagon? I certainly agree that a trial version would be better than a scaled down one.
    12-10-11 04:13 PM
    Purchase with 15 day trial period; if within that time frame the app sucks, then one should be able to click a "no thanks" button and you're cc is automatically credited.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-10-11 04:15 PM
    5 days is enough for anyone to try and decide if they want to buy or not.

And yes, trials (like in Windows Phone) should be mandatory.
    12-10-11 04:38 PM

Yes if you don't think you have that much time to try it out you should wait to get it until you do.
    12-10-11 04:43 PM

Not really. 5 days if not enough, unless you have a lot of spare time on your hands.
    15 days can sometimes be too short, but you have to draw the line somewere.
    12-10-11 04:54 PM
    Not really. 5 days if not enough, unless you have a lot of spare time on your hands.
    15 days can sometimes be too short, but you have to draw the line somewere.
    Yes if you don't think you have that much time to try it out you should wait to get it until you do.
    Get real. We're talking apps, not Primavera, dotProject or MS Project Server 2010.

5 days. Plenty of time. If it was not enough, then the app was not that important to be bought anyway.
    12-10-11 05:02 PM
    Get real. We're talking apps, not Primavera, dotProject or MS Project Server 2010.

5 days. Plenty of time. If it was not enough, then the app was not that important to be bought anyway.
    I was agreeing that 5 days is enough. If you find something you want to try but have a busy week coming up just wait to try it.
    12-10-11 05:06 PM
    Why would anyone need 15 days? It's not like they are trying to re-erect the Tower of Pisa!

5 days is ample time... and to echo someone's afore mentioned statement, wait until you have enough time before you get it
    12-10-11 06:25 PM
    Is the discussion really about 5 or 15 days?

The developrs of paid apps should at least have a trial period (regardsless how long or short)

$0.99 for some apps, regardless the platform, is way too much money.

I'm willing to pay for good and functional apps, not for apps that pretend to be something.
    12-10-11 06:45 PM
    Why would anyone need 15 days? It's not like they are trying to re-erect the Tower of Pisa!
    Now, there's a defective product that should have been returned in 15 days!
    Daruba likes this.
    12-10-11 07:18 PM
    RIM does give vendors of paid apps the option to submit a trial version too, that's why you'll see a few apps have Free Trial buttons. If you want more apps to do so I suggest contacting app developers and letting them know.

The App Store does not have a trial feature so don't bother iOS devs about it. I'm unsure about Android Market.
    12-10-11 08:04 PM
    I believe there should absolutely be a trial period for paid apps. I think 14 days should be enough time to give most apps a full workout.
    12-10-11 08:56 PM
    I was agreeing that 5 days is enough. If you find something you want to try but have a busy week coming up just wait to try it.
    Yes!! I know!

I was just using your post as confirmation!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-11-11 02:55 PM
    I agree I've bought a couple on impulse and realized almost immediately that the app was just a quick cash grab made to entice you into an impulse buy that will never get any support. Even a 15 minute refund or something would be usefull

15 days is too long to be getting something as simple as an app figured out. I would suggest that if you can't tell it's not for you in 24 hours then you should have waited to buy it until you had time to play with it.

Also from the point of devils advocate just because no one's mentioned it: A simple google search on any of these apps would likely give a good indication of the apps value before purchase...
    12-11-11 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD