Do you agree with the title of the post? Mine takes from 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. I saw a friends 10" iPad and it booted up pretty fast, faster than my 64 Gb PB. Does this have something to do with PB's OS? Just curious.
    12-12-12 12:08 AM
    Unfortuneately it is slow. But which ipad is it because my friends ipad 1-2 aren't blazing. The newer ones are but the PB is a year and a half old going on 2 years. But hopefully with bb10, this will all change since the bb10 os isn't about specs. But I agree it does take a while. I only turn off when I really need to have it off. But stand by surprises me with the batt life
    12-12-12 12:13 AM
    In this thread it says that " the poor start up time was caused by PlayBook trying to load all of its drivers at once during boot time. ". I don't know how true this statement is but seems very plausible. Mine takes more than 2 mins but then again I only restart it or turn it off maybe once a month if that.
    12-12-12 03:59 AM
    If I turned on both my playbook and my monza at the same time, the monza will finish, display the home screen, first.
    But the playbook will be ready to use instantly when the home screen is displayed.
    Monza still need some more time looking for radio signal and blackberry logo.

But of course.., we don't really need to turn off the playbook anyway..
    12-12-12 05:36 AM
    its a feature, just leave it on all the time

Actually if you just put it into standby, then resume is instant.
    12-12-12 05:40 AM
    All I know for certain about the boot-time of the BlackBerry PlayBook compared to my notebook computer is the tablet takes 3-5 times as long to go from cold state to ready to use. Even comparing the boot-up time of an older computer running Microsoft Windows 95SE the boot-time of the tablet is approximately the same; we are talking 1994-1996 era technology. I generally only power-down the tablet when it is not being used for an extended period of time, as in days or weeks.
    12-12-12 09:50 AM
    Unfortuneately it is slow. But which ipad is it because my friends ipad 1-2 aren't blazing. The newer ones are but the PB is a year and a half old going on 2 years. But hopefully with bb10, this will all change since the bb10 os isn't about specs. But I agree it does take a while. I only turn off when I really need to have it off. But stand by surprises me with the batt life
    There is no excuse for a tablet with a 1.0 GHz processor to boot slowly. Stop claiming the technology inside the BlackBerry PlayBook is somehow old and out-of-date.
    12-12-12 09:52 AM
    Reading some of the posts, I note that many do not shut down their PBs but simply put them on "standby" How much or how quick of a battery drain does this cause?
    And by the way, about battery drain, I have a new topic there.
    12-12-12 04:17 PM
    A few percentage points overnight. I leave wifi and BT ON although my bb phone does turn off overnight. Generally, I only leave Battery Guru running but I've left the browser and other stuff open.
    12-12-12 05:05 PM
    Thanks F2. Info much appreciated.
    12-12-12 05:15 PM
    its a feature, just leave it on all the time

Actually if you just put it into standby, then resume is instant.
    _______

That I have noticed. But at the end of the day I shut it down completely. A cold boot up is slow. Boot up from Standby is faster.
    12-12-12 05:17 PM
    Reading some of the posts, I note that many do not shut down their PBs but simply put them on "standby" How much or how quick of a battery drain does this cause?
    And by the way, about battery drain, I have a new topic there.
    With airplane-mode enabled my BlackBerry PlayBook battery decreases one percent per three-hour period. This comes from observations of the graphical display produced by Battery Guru which was running while the tablet was in stand-by mode.
    12-12-12 07:30 PM