ever since i upgraded to 1710, my playbook has been running quite hot. even when just browsing the net.

also, i took it off the charger this morning before work and put it into stand by, and put it in the sleeve. when i came home 9.5 hours later, the battery was completely dead.

also, still no os upgrade for me. only 1 was to 1710 after the initial update after setup. why is it so delayed?
    04-25-11 07:17 PM
    people are using DM hacks to find updates that obviously are not being pushed out by RIM to the mass audience.
    04-25-11 07:18 PM
    And if that's what their doing, don't you have to assume they aren't pushing them out for a reason?
    Not sure what you're getting at...but I'm sure that they go through many builds before making one "gold" and released to the public.

If that update wasn't meant to be pushed out then it obviously wasn't a "gold" build.
    04-25-11 07:22 PM
    you said it lasting 9.5, what were you doing during those hours...9.5 hours to drain it if you used it a lot is probably not uncommon
    04-25-11 07:34 PM
    i think he meant he left it in the sleeve in standby for 9.5 hours and the battery drained.
    04-25-11 07:39 PM
    yes it was left in the sleeve in standby while i was at work.

and the 1710 os was a regular install from the software updates screen. not loaded via dm.

i was merely wondering why i hear so many people are getting 1746 or higher, but im not seeing it show up on mine.
    04-25-11 08:02 PM
    My experience has been just great. I took my Playbook off the charger at 6:30 AM and took it to work and used it all day doing email some surfing. was bridged to my phone and connected to the wifi all day I spent a lot of time showing people what it can do and have been on it ever since i got home. Its now 7 PM and I have exactly 50% left on the battery. I am also running 1710. I have to say my playbook has been just perfect. Everything hooked up nice and easy. I love it and sold 2 Co workers on them and they ordered from WG
    04-25-11 08:50 PM
    I took my PB partying over the weekend Very durable

fits in my pocket too
    04-25-11 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD