In conclusion, I continue to wonder if the pb, like the psp, will finish last in sales compared to its competition and never gain the marketshare it deserves.
    07-25-11 08:17 PM
    ps. Stepbrothers was the funnier movie...even if it was a failure.
    07-25-11 08:19 PM
    the 3g version may really make a difference so the battle is not over yet. Q1 2012 results will be final, make or break. or just stay low and survive.
    and then next year rim got to design and make another tablet, possibly bigger. otherwise playbook will fight on its own and competition, from apple to lenovo, is just too hard for a single product on a new OS.
    an 11" pb, 3G + wifi.
    07-25-11 08:22 PM
    Sounds like someone realizes their logic failed.
    My logic didn't fail...it just came in last...
    07-25-11 08:43 PM
    As long as you try your best, that's all that matters right?

With that said, if I'm last in my class rankings, how am I suppose to take that exactly? Can I tell employers that I'm not a failure?
    determined61 likes this.
    07-25-11 08:50 PM
    As long as you try your best, that's all that matters right?

With that said, if I'm last in my class rankings, how am I suppose to take that exactly? Can I tell employers that I'm not a failure?
    Well, as an HR professional I can tell you academic accomplishments are the most lied about aspect of a resume...so just tell them you thought you did great and reached all your goals. If you believe you wanted to finish last then mission success. Most companies don't bother to check grades, or even references.
    07-25-11 09:06 PM
    Well, as an HR professional I can tell you academic accomplishments are the most lied about aspect of a resume...so just tell them you thought you did great and reached all your goals. If you believe you wanted to finish last then mission success. Most companies don't bother to check grades, or even references.
    I have a couple of interviews for summer associateships with two firms this Saturday...I will try to fudge as much of my GPA as possible since I'm not necessarily at the top of my class (not at the bottom either). I won't tell them that finishing last was my mission...although finishing at all is what I am beginning to accept. Lowering expectation ftw...
    07-25-11 09:14 PM
    to say pb=psp is a crime in itself.op,think before you write.two different devices directed towards two different crowds.psp is totally a video game console.the pb is not only a consumer friendly device but its valuable in a business oriented environment.presentations by business professionals can be visualized easily on pb.no business professional is going to utilize the psp in a meeting.
    07-25-11 09:22 PM
    I have a couple of interviews for summer associateships with two firms this Saturday...I will try to fudge as much of my GPA as possible since I'm not necessarily at the top of my class (not at the bottom either). I won't tell them that finishing last was my mission...although finishing at all is what I am beginning to accept. Lowering expectation ftw...
    Highlight your strengths. Show how your weaknesses can be a source of improvement. Learn as much about the organization as you can, and prep the questions you think they might ask (based on the job description) and have some good proof of your ability to meet their needs using multiple sources (eg. not all from the same job or class.)

Hard numbers work best. Don't be vague. Don't waste their time. Remember...you have to show them you can help them, not the other way around.
    07-25-11 09:23 PM
    Wow and here I was being honest about my accomplishments on my resume - I almost feel as foolish as being the only one still paying my mortgage....
    07-25-11 09:28 PM
    to say pb=psp is a crime in itself.op,think before you write.two different devices directed towards two different crowds.psp is totally a video game console.the pb is not only a consumer friendly device but its valuable in a business oriented environment.presentations by business professionals can be visualized easily on pb.no business professional is going to utilize the psp in a meeting.
    Insane the number of people that whine about it not being good enough as a game console...and that is their priority. I keep wondering why they don't just buy a game console. This is a serious business tool, or at least it should be. Will be?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-25-11 at 09:34 PM.
    07-25-11 09:30 PM
    lock me up and throw away the key...as long as I have my pb and psp...
    07-25-11 09:35 PM
    Wow and here I was being honest about my accomplishments on my resume - I almost feel as foolish as being the only one still paying my mortgage....
    ****, most companies don't give references anymore, just confirmation of employment. "Yes, John did work here from date to date.�

If Sony posted a job, mid level position, they could receive a few hundred resumes in the first 30 minutes...thousands by weeks end.

Thats why most hire from within or personal reference. Its all who you know.
    07-25-11 09:50 PM
    ****, most companies don't give references anymore, just confirmation of employment. "Yes, John did work here from date to date.”

If Sony posted a job, mid level position, they could receive a few hundred resumes in the first 30 minutes...thousands by weeks end.

Thats why most hire from within or personal reference. Its all who you know.
    I have found that to be exactly true... but unfortunate. I have been trying to get in the doors of a company for the last five years they keep advertising for someone exactly like me but will not accept resumes from any other source but their website which is a black hole.

Recently an associate of mine was fearing a layoff and got an interview there within a week - was interrogated by three levels of management and got the job within two weeks - I know from working with him that he is completely useless, unskilled and non productive,while I have the skills, the experience, the work ethic. All he does is tell people what to do and then heads off for the golf course.

I congratulated him and asked him how he did it. He said "oh I have a friend who works there". I pulled out my revolver and pointed it at my head. No wonder the GDP is going down the tubes....
    07-25-11 10:07 PM
    True - it's all relative...just because PB isn't selling even closely as well as the super pad doesn't make it a failure either - it's still profitable!

You believe the Playbook has been profitable? Are you Ballsie or Lizardlips in disguise?

hmmm if they've sold 1 million units (which I doubt) that would equate to between 500-700 million dollars. With development, production, shipping, tech support costs, not to mention returns for defective and ...meh... reasons, they probably haven't made enough profit to pay the taxes.

Nope it won't be profitable until they sell twice that at the very least.
    07-25-11 10:18 PM
    not sure about you guus but the NGP that sony unveiled still makes me drool for a portable gaming system...
    07-25-11 10:33 PM
    going off this comparison ill say this much, seeing what that new PSP(named NGP) is supposed to be like, then i damn sure cant wait for the newer PlayBook. lol
    mind you, i just love my gadgets, and i have my playbook right here with me(only typing from a computer because im at work), but i should be right in assuming newer should always be better, right?
    07-26-11 12:58 AM
    not sure about you guus but the NGP that sony unveiled still makes me drool for a portable gaming system...
    yeah, like he said, lol.
    07-26-11 01:03 AM
    I thought "Pb=psp" means that we will have "psp player" on our playbook... (gosh, I still have hang-over from that Android player leakaged)...
    07-26-11 10:59 AM
    You believe the Playbook has been profitable? Are you Ballsie or Lizardlips in disguise?

hmmm if they've sold 1 million units (which I doubt) that would equate to between 500-700 million dollars. With development, production, shipping, tech support costs, not to mention returns for defective and ...meh... reasons, they probably haven't made enough profit to pay the taxes.

Nope it won't be profitable until they sell twice that at the very least.
    Agreed. Though I don't know how many they'd have to sell for it become truly profitable, but I do know the data suggests it's not profitable yet.
    07-26-11 11:05 AM
    Anyone remember the playstation portable video gaming system?

Basically it was the superior machine that failed because it couldn't compete with the simpler but better marketed Nintendo DS. Sure the DS had more games, but they were so simple and basic.
    the PSP had many years of success and is still selling
    so not sure what your point is
    07-26-11 11:05 AM
    I can see the correlation.

But I fail to see the point of this thread.
    07-26-11 01:28 PM
    I can see the correlation.

But I fail to see the point of this thread.
    Well, I was just starting a general conversation about what I see as superior products selling less then inferior products...an opinion of course...and that I have only ever bought two portable devices: psp and pb.

I.said to myself 'self...did you do it again...'

I find correlations, analogies and general repeating patterns and similarities interesting. (history minor...doomed to repeat it and all that)

Then $hitt got real, someone brought in a horse ( I named him 'Failure Defined') and before I knew it everyone was beating it.

There is some good practical hr advice on page 3; not a total waste

Some people see forums as high school debate class...logic based arguments to determine winners and loosers...

I prefer the lets go have a beer on the patio and shoot the $hitt...leave the reference books and point of orders at home.
    07-26-11 05:11 PM
    the PSP had many years of success and is still selling
    so not sure what your point is
    don't worry about it...you increased your post total by 1.
    07-26-11 05:16 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD