Does anyone have any official confirmation that this website was taken down? I noticed most of the data was still hosted on the server. Their entire sitemap is still publicly available and no DNS/WHOIS changes have occurred. Normally when a website is taken down the DNS/WHOIS often changes because the website is transferred away from the host.
    To be honest this kind of talk shouldn't be allowed on this or any public forum as it paints a rather large target no only on yourself but the owners/operators of this site. If you want to talk why a site that provide pirated warez to the PB community went down then I suggest you find a private forum that talks about the latest warez and pirate sites and talk about it there.

A.
    Are you sure you quoted the correct post?
    The post and your response don't seem related.
    05-17-12 03:32 PM
    Their site now renders a blank page - literally, the page source shows zero lines of code. It's been a week now so I'm guessing they read the tea leaves re: RIM's encrypting BAR files and gave up.

Note: I believe that one of their "contributors" is also a frequenter of this site, so I'm guessing they're well aware of the notoriety surrounding their efforts. Cockroaches hate light, so I expect them to scurry away to some dark location while they search for an easier platform to target...

RCK
    lol

oh you were serious?

If you think that "the notoriety" would stop a pirate site from setting up its site at another location you are seriously delusional. Pirates don't worry about notoriety, in fact they may just like the notoriety. Just by talking about piracy will get the curious to 'Look'
    for it. That site will be relocated (if its not already) or renamed (if its not already).

and as for RIM causing it to close. I don't think that is so. For all we know the hosting site could have found out what it was up to and closed it down, because after all It is Illegal. I would bet that, that is the more lightly reason.

So i disagree with you

Oh BTW.

Cockroaches have been around for 350 million years and i'm sure they will be around long after man shuffles off this mortal coil.

Pirates are a necessary evil. Always been around, probably always will be..

regards
    05-17-12 03:47 PM
    I dont mean to bump up a dead thread, but someone linked a profile page of the host of that website. EVERYTHING and I mean everything about this kid is up there. His names, aliases, any electronic hes ever used, all his emails, phone numbers, addresses, personal websites, and even info on his friends and girlfriend.

He could have his identity stolen, his friends identity stolen, and placed in physical danger. I dont think potentially ruining his life and his friends's lives is worth getting revenge on someone stealing a bunch of cheap dollar apps. Actually, this sounds a lot like what big companies do to people. Ruin their lives over something so petty. And makes me want to pirate everything. Such vindictive behavior..
    05-17-12 11:14 PM
    I dont mean to bump up a dead thread, but someone linked a profile page of the host of that website. EVERYTHING and I mean everything about this kid is up there. His names, aliases, any electronic hes ever used, all his emails, phone numbers, addresses, personal websites, and even info on his friends and girlfriend.

He could have his identity stolen, his friends identity stolen, and placed in physical danger. I dont think potentially ruining his life and his friends's lives is worth getting revenge on someone stealing a bunch of cheap dollar apps. Actually, this sounds a lot like what big companies do to people. Ruin their lives over something so petty. And makes me want to pirate everything. Such vindictive behavior..
    Meh, all of that is straight from his website. Its the internet, if you dont want it out there dont post it

All your seeing is a reposting of what he put up. I wouldnt worry about it if I were you --- the guy posts the same info to brag. Just shows another perspective on the same thing. I doubt he really cares - and given what he put in a lot of his blog posts, hes more likely to steal an identity than have it stolen (read his posts about his phone-sales scams edit: hope your multilingual they arent in english).

The posting of info isnt exactly in good taste - I give you that. But really - you reap what you sow when posting all your details and photos on the internet and acting like an arse to a wackload of people in multiple scams and theft rings (not including pb apps). Sorry for my thin sympathy to the 27 year old guy (not a kid) but his real risk is from the locals hes ripping off on a day-to-day basis not some tablet users over the 'net.

Ed.
    Last edited by KermEd; 05-17-12 at 11:45 PM.
    05-17-12 11:36 PM
    Meh, all of that is straight from his website. Its the internet, if you dont want it out there dont post it

All your seeing is a reposting of what he put up. I wouldnt worry about it if I were you --- the guy posts the same info to brag. Just shows another perspective on the same thing. I doubt he really cares - and given what he put in a lot of his blog posts, hes more likely to steal an identity than have it stolen (read his posts about his phone-sales scams).

Ed.
    Ive only been to pbvn and only seen his name and nothing else, in Vietnamese, which I dont understand anyway. This looks like a well rooted collection of tracking and compiling any info on this guy in one page. I dont care if he's super evil and stole 10$ apps, its not right and potentially dangerous. Name shaming is one thing, harvesting every scrap of info about him and his girlfriend of all things (what does she have to do with this?) and this comes off as incredibly vindictive and asking for white knights.

Yes, people do post a lot of things about themselves online, usually innocently naieve, and not thinking someone with a huge grudge is going to compile all of that for potential vigilantes with a homicidal streak. What's that saying about pirating apps? "Just because you can doesnt mean you should."
    TNNurse likes this.
    05-17-12 11:45 PM
    Ive only been to pbvn and only seen his name and nothing else, in Vietnamese, which I dont understand anyway.
    Thats his "nice" blog. Send him your SIN and Credit Card number .

Seriously though, I understand and respect your opinion. But in this specific case I humbly disagree with you based on what I posted above and what I know about him. Your entitled to feel however you want, just the same as everyone else .

Again, I agree not in the best taste. And if there was any honesty to this persons being (again I am talking about the phone sale scams he brags about) I would probably agree with you. But as it stands today, I do understand enough vietnamese, have done research, and have no sympathy.

I won't interfere with your opinions on here - and wont interrupt again. I am just saying - trust me on this - there is a whole lot more than what you've been exposed to. Based on your experience and knowledge level of him - yes I can see your concern and I am not asking you to agree with my views. Just sayin

Ed, over'n'out.
    05-17-12 11:59 PM
    For the sake of neutrality, I have cleaned information identified above and modified the post to either omit out of place information or to explain the importance of the information if you do online perchases and wish to avoid his scam rings.

05-18-12 12:23 AM
    Thank you for clearing that up. I dont know very much about this guy (sans the extended profile, :P), and just going by first impressions. The part specifically was linking pictures to his girlfriend and his other friend's phone numbers.

I do wish that more people arent so loose with their private info, credit cards included. -_-
    KermEd likes this.
    05-18-12 12:56 AM
    Thank you for clearing that up. I dont know very much about this guy (sans the extended profile, :P), and just going by first impressions. The part specifically was linking pictures to his girlfriend and his other friend's phone numbers.

I do wish that more people arent so loose with their private info, credit cards included. -_-
    Well hey, thank you for sharing an opinion too. Its always good to see other peoples views And a lot of people don't speak up when they should. I appreciate the feedback.

Ed
    05-18-12 07:27 AM
    Unfortunate pirate will never go away. Old pirate sites taken down, new pirate sites emerge. Old hackers got caught, new hackers appear. Sadly but true. Can police catch all single thief in the world and make it a thief-less world? It is same theory.
    05-18-12 01:06 PM
    TL;DR - Pirate bay was under a DDOS attack that has since stopped.

Site is back up.

Rim has far too many things to worry about then 8 bars that can be sideloaded from the piratebay.

thread /fail
    05-18-12 02:57 PM
    TL;DR - Pirate bay was under a DDOS attack that has since stopped.

Site is back up.

Rim has far too many things to worry about then 8 bars that can be sideloaded from the piratebay.

thread /fail
    This thread was not referencing the Pirate Bay.

"post /fail" I guess.
    raymond likes this.
    05-18-12 03:44 PM
112 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD