Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default PB as picture frame and alarm on charging Pod

I can use some expert advise on how to use the PB as a picture frame when its docked on the charging pod. It would be awesome if it can automatically go into pic-frame mode when docked (but I doubt that can happen). When its on the dock I also want the screen not to go into sleep mode.... Does the "clock" app have to be running for the alarm to work? I would love for these two functions to work simultaneously when the PB is docked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

If you tap the Time/Date on the home screen, you can set an alarm, too. If I recall, it will go off even when in standby. I have not played with the Clock app as much.

There are some apps that can prevent standby and keep it awake, I believe.
    CrackBerry Abuser

You can use Photo Frame Pro and set your alarms via the clock app, i do this all the time.
    Thanked by:
    fj_cruiser (01-23-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by PanaSama View Post
    You can use Photo Frame Pro and set your alarms via the clock app, i do this all the time.
    Sorry I dont have my PB on me right now but how much does Photo Frame Pro cost? Have you used it?

Thanks for the tip!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by fj_cruiser View Post
    Sorry I dont have my PB on me right now but how much does Photo Frame Pro cost? Have you used it?

Thanks for the tip!
    It's 1.99 and yes i use it all time for the purpose you described in the OP, there is a free trial if you want to try it first, you could also use Liquid-Photo, it works fine too, costs the same but it doesn't have a free trial.
    Thanked by:
    fj_cruiser (01-23-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by PanaSama View Post
    It's 1.99 and yes i use it all time for the purpose you described in the OP, there is a free trial if you want to try it first, you could also use Liquid-Photo, it works fine too, costs the same but it doesn't have a free trial.
    I downloaded the free trial and I liked it; its pretty decent. I tried to search for Liquid-Photo user reviews here (not the ones published by the app makers) and couldn't find any...

If I don't see any reviews/feedback from CBers here, I will prolly go for the Pro version of Photo Frame.

Thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Maybe I will justify myself getting another PB - convincing my wife (we've been talking about getting digital photo frame and my alarm clock) with this ! he he
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Jonamse View Post
    Maybe I will justify myself getting another PB - convincing my wife (we've been talking about getting digital photo frame and my alarm clock) with this ! he he
    I am still looking for the right pic-frame app that uses picture folders from my PB (with any size/resolution pics) for slideshows... but the PB sitting on the charging pod is the best alarm devise you can have on your nightstand Waking up has become more pleasant LOL