When i try to bridge from my 9780 i get prompted to input my blackberry smartphone password but it keeps telling me its incorrect is there any way to reset or fix this issue ?
    12-18-11 12:25 PM
    I think that there may be another thread on the issue.

If no one else has a suggestion....

Try rebooting both devices. Does your phone have a password? Try unpairing and re-pairing the devices.

First, delete the bridge app from your phone, reboot, try download it again. If that fails, remove it again and reboot.

Try downloading the bridge app USING YOUR PHONE from rroyy.com - find the version for your phone's OS. If the current/new version does not work use his archives for an older version.
    skxj likes this.
    12-18-11 01:18 PM
    When i try to bridge from my 9780 i get prompted to input my blackberry smartphone password but it keeps telling me its incorrect is there any way to reset or fix this issue ?
    Yes this is tricky. well, not really, when you input your password for example if its 5555 on your phone you must enter dddd, on your playbook. if your password is in numeric, you must enter it in alpha code, while typing it on your playbook. You only have to change numeric to alpha.
    Last edited by Tank1978; 12-18-11 at 02:09 PM.
    skxj likes this.
    12-18-11 01:57 PM
    The simplest solution is to delete the bridge pairing and the Bluetooth pairing from both devices and then reconfigure both Bluetooth pairing and bridge pairing on each device. With the last two iterations of the operating system for the tablet I have found the smartphone and tablet reconnect automatically even after days apart without any intervention on my part. At the office I can walk away from my desk and the tablet will reconnect with the smartphone as soon as I am back at my desk. At home I can leave the house with the smartphone and upon return the devices are chatting again like old friends.

Also, are you setting the connection type to 'silent' or 'prompt'?
    skxj likes this.
    12-18-11 02:10 PM
    Thanks to all for the help, however my trusted 9780 has had a heart attack and I am waiting to hear back what has caused this. With any luck I will have it back in the new year, Happy Holidays !
    12-25-11 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD