april fool's joke

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-01-12 06:15 PM
    april fool's joke

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Yep, I was in on it when it was cooked up in our group earlier this morning.
    04-01-12 10:19 PM
    Quit while you're ahead. You look silly telling someone that typing text into the comment form might take 10 seconds to "download" because of a slow internet connection...
    It's not that silly.
    When you enter an input field, it may be controlled somehow by a javascript, which is loaded sequentially, meaning that if prior JS take a bunch of seconds to load, then you have to ... wait.
    Depending of the pages coding, the control may take a while before giving you the real capability to ENTER something. This means: PB does understand that you want to input some text (and immediately displays the keyboard) while you don't have yet the "control" of your input. You can test this by disabling the JS in browser options.
    So, the time you need to input your text may depends on :
    1/ Your network speed
    2/ The distant network (adds, stats) responsiveness.

As a general answer to browser issues, I'll suspect adds and stats markers to be most probably one of the reasons : from what I've read/experienced, they are mostly erratic and inconsistent depending of who is visiting the site. This "who" determines what kind of add is displayed (or even witch add network). [Example : my top banner is currently an automotive insurance company, in French (while I am FR).]
    Adds and stats inclusion have been developers (the ones who try to do clean dev) nightmares for years; I can testify that.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-02-12 at 02:23 AM.
    04-02-12 02:20 AM
    It's not that silly.
    When you enter an input field, it may be controlled somehow by a javascript, which is loaded sequentially, meaning that if prior JS take a bunch of seconds to load, then you have to ... wait.
    Depending of the pages coding, the control may take a while before giving you the real capability to ENTER something. This means: PB does understand that you want to input some text (and immediately displays the keyboard) while you don't have yet the "control" of your input. You can test this by disabling the JS in browser options.
    So, the time you need to input your text may depends on :
    1/ Your network speed
    2/ The distant network (adds, stats) responsiveness.
    Why all the conjecture? The person echo was responding to already explained, "PS: PB browser locked up solid for about ten seconds while trying to enter this text. It happened just as an e-mail arrived (red light now blinking)."

It has nothing to do with crackberry forum's "page coding" and everything to do with push email creating a blocking situation. I've had this happen in games as well. Sudden pause, jerkiness then blang, an email has arrived!

Your theory, while not bad science "per se", is victim to "echo's folly": lack of reading comprehension (possibly lack of reading period?)
    JeffyPooh likes this.
    04-02-12 07:45 AM
    Why all the conjecture? The person echo was responding to already explained, "PS: PB browser locked up solid for about ten seconds while trying to enter this text. It happened just as an e-mail arrived (red light now blinking)."

It has nothing to do with crackberry forum's "page coding" and everything to do with push email creating a blocking situation. I've had this happen in games as well. Sudden pause, jerkiness then blang, an email has arrived!

Your theory, while not bad science "per se", is victim to "echo's folly": lack of reading comprehension (possibly lack of reading period?)
    Weird, I actually had this happen to me yesterday and again just this morning for the first two times ever, or at least that I noticed, but not while I was receiving or had just received an e-mail and the red light was not blinking nor was the upper left corner glowing, nothing, no email ever came, just a complete screen lockup while typing in a reply box on CrackBerry.com. I even rebooted my PB last night for the first time in a week or so before it happened again today.
    04-02-12 03:04 PM
130 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD