I have set up my PB with the Desktop software and downloaded music etc. Tonight when I connected the PB to my computer with the USB, the Desktop software said it did not recognize and could not communicate with the PB and also the PB doesn't show the battery being charged.

I tried my torch with same cable and all is fine. BB support told me to re-install Desktop Software but this didn't help. Any ideas? Very frustrated by this. PB is less than a week old.
    05-05-11 01:23 AM
    Don't know if this is related, but ever since the os upgrade, my DM back-up fails around 95% through.
    05-05-11 01:47 AM
    I have set up my PB with the Desktop software and downloaded music etc. Tonight when I connected the PB to my computer with the USB, the Desktop software said it did not recognize and could not communicate with the PB and also the PB doesn't show the battery being charged.

I tried my torch with same cable and all is fine. BB support told me to re-install Desktop Software but this didn't help. Any ideas? Very frustrated by this. PB is less than a week old.
    Windows User?

Unistalling the DM will not work if you opt to keep USER SETTINGS. You must delete the DM fully from the system. Then reinstall. If you are a Windows 7 User then you go into the 'Start' menu and manually run the RIM device drivers.
    05-05-11 02:03 AM
    Don't know if this is related, but ever since the os upgrade, my DM back-up fails around 95% through.

Customize your back up. Back up Media and Settings, leave out Application Data. Try that, once the customized back-up is finished, you should be able to Back up the entire PB.
    05-05-11 02:04 AM
    Windows User?

Unistalling the DM will not work if you opt to keep USER SETTINGS. You must delete the DM fully from the system. Then reinstall. If you are a Windows 7 User then you go into the 'Start' menu and manually run the RIM device drivers.
    Spent 3 hours between last night and this morning with tech support. It is not the PB as that works fine on my offcie computer so it looks like it is a problem with some Windows updates and the PB. They said they are seeing more of these issues. They will take a log history when I am home tonight to try to figure this out. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know....maybe reboot Windows? I am running Vista at home (cam with my laptop which is about 3 years old.
    05-05-11 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD