Remember a while back when Verizon ran the "there's a MAP for that" campaign in response to AT&T's "there's an APP for that" campaign?

I feel like there's a huge opportunity for RIM to do something similar in response to the new Kindle Fire "reading my kindle on the beach with two other kindles playing games and watching movies, all for cheaper than a single iPad" campaign.

RIM could respond with everything the PlayBook does that the kindle can't, all for the same price as the Kindle.

Just a thought on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Oh, and I managed to convince (in a roundabout way) my cousin to give up her Fire and upgrade to a PlayBook. She saw some articles I linked on facebook comparing the Fire and the Playbook. She also bought one for my uncle! Then last night I convinced my wife to sell her Fire so we could both have PlayBooks!

Spring break is near, and I'll be going home with my PlayBook for the first time since 2.0 dropped, so I'm hoping to get a few more family members to take the dive, too.
    00stryder likes this.
    02-26-12 03:31 PM
    That commercial you speak of had some neat side items going on. One that stood out at me was the guy walking in shielding his screen. Amazon kinda made a funny with it.
    02-26-12 03:38 PM
    I convinced a friend of mine to go with the Playbook instead of the iPad2. She a BB phone user too. I showed her some articles including the comparison article here on Crackberry and showed her mine. So she has just ordered the 32GB and is upgrading her 9800 for a 9810 so that she take good advantage of all the bridge features.
    soxypirate likes this.
    02-26-12 03:44 PM
    Nice! I helped sell a few PlayBook to dudes who were all about the iPad and Android phones. They were pretty impressed. BOOM!
    02-26-12 04:02 PM
    Unfortunately KF has a app market. In comparison PB doesn't. Frustrating because PB has better hardware and software but nowhere near the apps that KF has. If someone could port KF app market to PlayBook that would be fantastic! I wouldn't be surprised if KF apps run better on PlayBook. Chose PB with the mistaken assumption that it would have a full market after update and not random bits and pieces. It's like having a great car in the driveway without gas
    02-26-12 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD