I have had to wipe and reinstall the PB about 5 times now and it freezes during setup and after several power cycles it $et me finish setup but intermittenly freezes when using. Its very frustrating.
    02-25-12 10:33 AM
    Have you tried just the restart (press both volume buttons & power @ same time ) to get it back before going to a wipe & OS reinstall when it locks up?
    02-25-12 11:02 AM
    I have had to wipe and reinstall the PB about 5 times now and it freezes during setup and after several power cycles it $et me finish setup but intermittenly freezes when using. Its very frustrating.
    Do you restore a backup after the wipe ?
    If yes, try do do it selectively ... if you restore the problem ... well ... you restore the problem !
    02-25-12 11:16 AM
    One thing some folks think they discovered, if you try placing all of your icons in Folders and then move those folders to the top position (what is that called) on the home screen, it can lock up after it awakes from Standby. That may not be your issue.
    02-25-12 12:31 PM
    When I have done the wipes I have not restored from any backups cause I don't have any. After power cycling by using the method descried about holdig volume keys and power button. I have noticed it will instantly lock up when it loads to home screen. Sometimes it will let me minimize the apps but mostly it is non responsie. I have no folders or anything. I literally installed update and now can't even load anything when it boots up. I am missing out on all the fun!!
    02-25-12 11:53 PM
    I just reloaded the OS and nowit is not responding on the choose a language screen. No response. At this rate, I will never experience the new OS 2.0
    02-26-12 12:38 AM
    I've experienced the same issue with OS2. Sometime the touch screen does not response and I had to press the power+up+down buttons. Never a problem before the upgrade.
    randomact45 likes this.
    02-26-12 12:56 AM
    I spoke to RIM and explained the situation, I let them know that it is so bad that sometimes the PB won't shut off so they told me I qualify for an RMA so they are going to replace it

U might want to call RIM and see if they will replace it for u
    02-26-12 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD