Not sure which software update was the culprit however I'm having a heck of a time with the PB locking up. Doesn't seem to be app specific, everything from mail to vid's to camera to games, it will just freeze. If I close the program in question the rest of the tablet gets buggy. Nothing will open up and the only menu that will work is the settings. I've done a hard reset on the device at least two to three times a day for the last week.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Should I wipe and re-do all the updates?
    06-26-11 09:07 PM
    do a security wipe and let it reinstall the latest os. then just reinstall the apps you want (they will all still be in your app world - you don't need to pay again).

I had the same freezing problem, and a wipe/reinstall fixed everything.
    06-27-11 07:40 AM
    security wipe doesn't fully wipe, just your data files.
    as mentioned before, best thing is to do the de-brick method.
    plug in to pc, start DM, restart pb, pop up should ask you to do update.
    search debrick for more details.
    06-27-11 10:24 AM
    security wipe doesn't fully wipe, just your data files.
    as mentioned before, best thing is to do the de-brick method.
    plug in to pc, start DM, restart pb, pop up should ask you to do update.
    search debrick for more details.
    I'm not sure that's entirely correct. I had trouble with .105 (dozens of freezes) and reinstalled the OS using DM and all worked well. I updated to .106 and the freezing began again. This time I wasn't able to use DM to reinstall the OS, so I tried a wipe. After wiping, my PB immediately received an update notification for .106. The full ~300MB update then downloaded and installed. The process is more involved than simply wiping data files.

After doing this my freezing has discontinued.
    06-27-11 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD