Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy PB going back this weekend

Had enough.... no updates, intermittent tethering, bridge confuses BIS and BES, app world adding 90% games (crappy ones at that), no Kindle App, no autospell, mediocre RSS readers. I'm sure it will get better but in the mean time Ill stick with my iPad since I can't afford both. Such a shame.
    BB Bold 9930
    Verizon Wireless
    BES Server & BIS email
    PlayBook 32GB v2.0.0.4869
    CrackBerry User

It's a shame you had to make a new thread.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,185 Global Posts

With the number of people posting about their emotional journey to return their PlayBook, you'd think this was an AA-like support group! But since we're here... come on everybody! Add some tags to this thread!
    Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2

BlackBerry: 950, 8700, 8100, 8800, 8300, 8900, 9000, 9700, 9800, 9930, and Q10.
    iPhone: Original, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5S.
    Tablets: iPad, iPad 2, PlayBook, iPad Mini.
    Thanked by:
    D_March (05-18-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Seriously what do people expect from a new device in under a month.
    Devices: Bold 9900 on 7.1.0.190 + iPOD touch 4 = Best of both worlds & PlayBook 16Gb
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by bryanhayn View Post
    It's a shame you had to make a new thread.
    I agree. Didn't want to bury the disappointment
    BB Bold 9930
    Verizon Wireless
    BES Server & BIS email
    PlayBook 32GB v2.0.0.4869
    CrackBerry Abuser

Bold 9650 v6.0.0.431
    Playbook OS Version 1.0.3.1868
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,185 Global Posts

*giggle* *snicker*
    Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2

BlackBerry: 950, 8700, 8100, 8800, 8300, 8900, 9000, 9700, 9800, 9930, and Q10.
    iPhone: Original, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5S.
    Tablets: iPad, iPad 2, PlayBook, iPad Mini.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    PIN
    3214C948

Quote Originally Posted by mhonard View Post
    Had enough.... no updates, intermittent tethering, bridge confuses BIS and BES, app world adding 90% games (crappy ones at that), no Kindle App, no autospell, mediocre RSS readers. I'm sure it will get better but in the mean time Ill stick with my iPad since I can't afford both. Such a shame.
    Maybe it's just me but if you couldn't afford both, don't buy both. To be fair though, if you're not happy with a purchase, you should return it.
    Love my Bold, Style and PlayBook!
    Follow Me
    CrackBerry Abuser

bye bye! *hugs playbook* im a love you forever and ever and feed and walk you
    i hate trolls
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,404 Global Posts

Did y'all hear what happened with mhonard...mwhonard you say...mhonard, jeez where have you been...he bought something and then he returned it. Everyone is abuzz.
    Thanked by:
    bryanhayn (05-18-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    19,152 Global Posts

Why does this remind me of old threads with 8800 series Curve users anxiously awaiting 4.5 after months and months of delays. "I've had it with RIM"..."If I don't see the update in another week I'm dumping my BB"..."Well RIM, you've just lost another customer"..."I'm getting an iPhone"...Waaa Waaa Waaa.

Go return it, play with your iPad, and come back when the software fits your requirements. You purchased as an early adopter and there are bumps associated with that. I did too, but I enjoy watching the software evolve over time. Others get frustrated by this. Different strokes for different folks.

BTW, I'm pleased to see that most of the recent reviews still knock the lack of apps and native email. But when asked for an overview, they're not saying they hate it. They're saying it has great potential. And with the speculated 250,000 sales, I'm sure RIM has the confidence to make most of the potential into a reality.

Wait...This is the "PB going back this weekend" thread. Sorry. I thought someone unlocked the "Sadly I'm returning my Playbook" thread. I knew this looked familiar.
    Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter? - Checkout Planet Loser on Channel C003DAB77

Curve 8330 4.5.0.131 -> Bold 9650 6.0.0.706 --> Qued 10 - Plus not one but two totally awesome (albeit extinct) kickin' Playbooks
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K9K9K9K9K9

Last edited by frfghtr; 05-18-2011 at 06:44 PM.