Just wondering if anyone has heard any rumblings about the PB being sold at Future shop? I have enough reward points with my VISA to purchase a $250 gift card from Future shop and I'd like to put the redemption though so I can receive my GC in time for the release (whenever that is) :S
    03-19-11 11:04 AM
    As long as you're not looking for day one, I'm be willing to bet most anything Future Shop will carry it. At some point.
    03-19-11 11:14 AM
    As long as you're not looking for day one, I'm be willing to bet most anything Future Shop will carry it. At some point.
    hmm, that's what I figured.. Day 1 would be nice though
    03-19-11 11:17 AM
    Obviously.Their name is Future-shop...
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 03-19-11 at 11:25 AM.
    03-19-11 11:23 AM
    I should clarify... I don't KNOW that it won't be day one for CAN, but it since US is said to be first...
    03-19-11 11:27 AM
    I should clarify... I don't KNOW that it won't be day one for CAN, but it since US is said to be first...
    US first=annoying.

if its released in the US first ill just make my way over to grab one and since its a WIFI only it shouldn't be a problem. My only concern is any problems with the first release in the US just like with the torch.
    03-19-11 11:32 AM
    I actually work at Future Shop, and sadly I haven't heard or seen anything on the PB just yet. The only good news I've seen about it is that we updated and posted our new service (warranties) plans for tablets, in the newsletter it said they were doing that for the upcoming increase in tablets.
    If there is any news I'll make sure to post something about it on here.
    03-19-11 11:39 AM
    Just wondering if anyone has heard any rumblings about the PB being sold at Future shop? I have enough reward points with my VISA to purchase a $250 gift card from Future shop and I'd like to put the redemption though so I can receive my GC in time for the release (whenever that is) :S

Guess what store this is from? :P
    03-19-11 11:41 AM
    Well, I generally play better safe than sorry, but I'm jumping in this time. I'll be buying within the first week probably. The Torch was misguided from the beginning. BBOS is simply not made for touch. Granted, they made some improvements and upgraded from SurePress, but it's just made to be able to compete with the likes of Android or iOS from a touch standpoint. QNX on the other hand.........
    03-19-11 11:42 AM
    I actually work at Future Shop, and sadly I haven't heard or seen anything on the PB just yet. The only good news I've seen about it is that we updated and posted our new service (warranties) plans for tablets, in the newsletter it said they were doing that for the upcoming increase in tablets.
    thats perfect. thanks!
    03-19-11 11:46 AM
    Well, I generally play better safe than sorry, but I'm jumping in this time. I'll be buying within the first week probably. The Torch was misguided from the beginning. BBOS is simply not made for touch. Granted, they made some improvements and upgraded from SurePress, but it's just made to be able to compete with the likes of Android or iOS from a touch standpoint. QNX on the other hand.........
    ya i agree.
    03-19-11 11:47 AM
    By anychance in your system does it tell you who the distributor for Blackberry is to FutureShop in Canada

I know a few Distributors to Futureshop, and wonder if it is worth me pressing them to find out a release date, but I'm not going to bug people if they are not suppliers of RIM product.
    03-20-11 06:26 PM
    By anychance in your system does it tell you who the distributor for Blackberry is to FutureShop in Canada
    For me I don't get that info, the inventory screen is similar to the one that was posted on the thread about the Best Buy date. All it shows is how many units stores have, how many the DC has, and if i have any units in transit to my store.
    03-21-11 01:30 AM
    You could come to the US on April First and get 1!
    03-21-11 09:22 AM
    Well looks like the PB will be available at FS on he 16th of April. I just redeemed my RBC visa rewards for a $250 gift card. I probably should have ordered the GC earlier as it says to allow for up to 4 weeks for the GC to arrive:|

Jmurph66, if I purchase the PB on-line how can I use my gift card? Would I be able to go into the store with my PB receipt and GC in hand and redeem the GC?
    03-22-11 03:44 PM
    Well looks like the PB will be available at FS on he 16th of April. I just redeemed my RBC visa rewards for a $250 gift card. I probably should have ordered the GC earlier as it says to allow for up to 4 weeks for the GC to arrive:|

Jmurph66, if I purchase the PB on-line how can I use my gift card? Would I be able to go into the store with my PB receipt and GC in hand and redeem the GC?
    I just pre-ordered mine yesterday. When you get to the payment options section, it says has options for Future Shop Card, MasterCard or Visa. I'm not sure if this is is where you would do it, you might want to go into a store and check that first. Especially since the 250 doesn't cover the cost, it might throw up an issue with the online payment system.
    03-23-11 09:18 AM
    I just pre-ordered mine yesterday. When you get to the payment options section, it says has options for Future Shop Card, MasterCard or Visa. I'm not sure if this is is where you would do it, you might want to go into a store and check that first. Especially since the 250 doesn't cover the cost, it might throw up an issue with the online payment system.
    thanks for the info, I guess I'll wait until my GC shows up in the mail in a couple of weeks. I'm in no hurry to pre order, I dont think the PB's will sell out... or will they?
    03-23-11 10:29 AM
    thanks for the info, I guess I'll wait until my GC shows up in the mail in a couple of weeks. I'm in no hurry to pre order, I dont think the PB's will sell out... or will they?
    If they do sell out, then go across the street to Best Buy, or staples, or any of the other 20 places within walking distance it'll be at...
    03-23-11 11:57 AM
    If they do sell out, then go across the street to Best Buy, or staples, or any of the other 20 places within walking distance it'll be at...
    I could do that but then I won't be able to use mt $250 future shop gift card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 12:01 PM
    I'm going to pre order this bad boy tomorrow, looks like future shop only allows you to pre order in store. I'm still deciding on 16gb or 32 gb.

Has anyone pre ordered from future shop? If so do they give you the option to pick up in store? And if so what date are they giving you?

03-26-11 07:05 PM
    I pre ordered online and in store. Online only has home delivery with expected ship date April 19th and will arrive 1-3 days later.

When I ordered in store the guy was completely clueless. When I asked about the PlayBook he had no idea what I was talking about. He went to another employee and she gave him a sheet of paper that looked like a fact sheet. He said the delivery winder was between March 30th and April 22. The other employee said to expect it "late April." Seems like it's too new and they don't know what they are talking about.

I have a question about pre-ordering in person...I was asked to give a $100 deposit (no problem with that) but he just gave me a bill and didn't ask for any contact info. He just said bring in the bill when it arrives. It's my first time ever pre-ordering a device so I was a little confused at the process.
    03-26-11 07:17 PM
    I pre ordered online and in store. Online only has home delivery with expected ship date April 19th and will arrive 1-3 days later.

When I ordered in store the guy was completely clueless. When I asked about the PlayBook he had no idea what I was talking about. He went to another employee and she gave him a sheet of paper that looked like a fact sheet. He said the delivery winder was between March 30th and April 22. The other employee said to expect it "late April." Seems like it's too new and they don't know what they are talking about.

I have a question about pre-ordering in person...I was asked to give a $100 deposit (no problem with that) but he just gave me a bill and didn't ask for any contact info. He just said bring in the bill when it arrives. It's my first time ever pre-ordering a device so I was a little confused at the process.
    Interesting. When I clicked online to pre order it only gave me the option to pre order in store and did advise that I would have to leave $100 refundable deposit. I'm totally fine with that since I don't have my $250 future shop gift card just yet. I'm guessing we will be able to pick it up on release date and no earlier

03-26-11 07:21 PM

if I purchase the PB on-line how can I use my gift card? Would I be able to go into the store with my PB receipt and GC in hand and redeem the GC?
    Yes, something like that you would be able to return the online order and get the full refund back on the payment method, then rebuy it right away with the new payment. So if you pay for it all on your credit card online, you could change the payments at the store for the gift cards, I help people change payment methods all the time at my store in Calgary.
    It would be the same situation for the pre order with the credit card, if you paid for it with the card and then used the gift cards to help pay for the rest of the PB
    03-27-11 01:52 AM

When I ordered in store the guy was completely clueless. When I asked about the PlayBook he had no idea what I was talking about...Seems like it's too new and they don't know what they are talking about.
    From my understanding the training for the PB isn't until the end of April from Future Shop, but we should be getting more info on it in the next weeks as sales people. Its been in our newsletters and such, but as far as the actual sale date i believe we are going to sell them on the 22nd just like everyone else.

In this case I would call the store and ask them if they need to have your info on file for the preorder, I'm not 100% sure how the preorders have been going, but if its like our other products then they should take your name and phone number at least. I work on Sunday (today) so I'll check into that for you.
    03-27-11 02:00 AM
    I'm going to visit Future shop in about an hour and put in my pre order. they require $100 deposit and when i pick it up I can pay the difference with my Gift card.
    this sounds like the easiest solution
    03-27-11 09:44 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD