I've searched the handful of similar posts, but haven't found similar issues with resolutions. I'm hoping I don't need to return for a replacement.

Had my PB since release date. Installed the OS update last night and everything seemed fine. I tried comparing bridge browser speed to native browser speed and that's where things went bad.

I had both browsers open (although only one should have been active). Went to Speakeasy.net on the bridge browser. On the first screen (where you select a test location) I couldn't change locations. I then went to the native browser and tried to do the same. That browser also froze. I couldn't close out either browser, so I tried to power off. I hit the onscreen power icon, which then grayed out. I tried pressing and holding the button, but no luck there either. The screen eventually dimmed, then went black as it normally does when going to sleep. Since it was after 1:00 a.m, I plugged in the charger and went to bed.

Now I can't power it on. Tried holding the power button + up and down volume buttons together for over a minute. No dice. Tried connecting with USB to DM, but the USB connection isn't showing up. Before I return, anyone have any additional suggestions?

edit: changed title
    Last edited by Altarocks; 05-03-11 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Title change
    05-03-11 08:45 AM
    OK, I got it running. It only worked for me after holding down the power, volume up, play/pause, and volume down buttons together for about 30 sec. It's no easy feat holding all of those at once

I don't think it was a low battery issue, because after it booted I am showing 43%. For some reason I think I needed to add the play/pause button to the mix.
    05-03-11 09:16 AM
    Mine froze also. I shut down bridge on the BB phone and the PB started working again.
    So I think it was bridge related.

I rebooted both the PB and the phone and watching it closely.

Tim
    05-03-11 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD