I was checking out the falsh games, & decided to try them out, after downloading the App I played checkers off line, and the PB froze, this is the first time the unit has frozen on me, has anyone else experienced this, with the flash game App.
    Cheers
    07-08-11 04:23 PM
    I didn't experience a freeze with the flash game app, but my playbook did freeze up on me once. Had to do the reset to get it back up and running. Don't really remember what caused the freeze, but it hasn't happened again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 04:29 PM
    My PB ran perfect until the last OS upgrade. Since then it has locked up 1-3 times a day and required a hard reset. It only happens when I'm bridged to my Torch. I really hope that RIM figures out a way to allow us to revert back to a previous OS as I'd do that in a heartbeat if there was a way to do so.
    07-08-11 04:36 PM
    It happened to me a couple of times but not lately. I did a simple restart (holding the power button down) and it fixed the problem. I've never had to resort to a hard restart (power button/volume up/volume down).
    07-08-11 04:42 PM
    I had a freeze after leaving my PB on its charger all night. Had me worried for a minute until I managed to reboot it...
    07-08-11 05:33 PM
    I've been plagued with the freezing PB. I'm doing a second wipe and install now. It seems every 3rd software update kills mine. If it continues, back it up, security wipe it, redo the setup and then restore. It's a long painful process but it will get your pb back to normal.....well until the next software update anyway.
    07-08-11 06:27 PM
    its been happening a lot since the last upgrade. at least several times a week.
    07-08-11 06:47 PM
    Do as I posted above and your PB will be back to the little powerhouse it was before. I've done it once and have to do it again but it works and it's right back to normal.
    07-08-11 06:53 PM
    I've been plagued with the freezing PB. I'm doing a second wipe and install now. It seems every 3rd software update kills mine. If it continues, back it up, security wipe it, redo the setup and then restore. It's a long painful process but it will get your pb back to normal.....well until the next software update anyway.
    I think that you are overreacting. Simply closing a baulky process will most often fix things. If the UI freezes, a simple restart should fix it. The way QNX works the microkernel remains intact all the time. Processes never touch it, never freeze it, never affect it.

BTW, their have only been three software updates so maybe you're just trying to be funny?
    07-08-11 07:03 PM
    I think that you are overreacting. Simply closing a baulky process will most often fix things. If the UI freezes, a simple restart should fix it. The way QNX works the microkernel remains intact all the time. Processes never touch it, never freeze it, never affect it.

BTW, their have only been three software updates so maybe you're just trying to be funny?
    Yes the every third comment was a joke.

However I'm far from overreacting! If you lived close by I'd bring it over and let you have it for a day. It locks right up and the only fix is a hard reset. If you leave any app open while it goes into standby it will lock up. A buddy at work is having the same issue with his. After the hard reset if you go back into the app that locked it up she will freeze again. I did the security wipe, setup and restore, worked fine right up until the last software update and she is a lockup princess again.
    07-08-11 07:15 PM
    I installed an app (mortgage calculator) that immediately got my PB acting weird. I deleted it immediately and never had the problem again. Still, with the QNX OS, a simple restart should solve the problem. Delete any questionable apps and reinstall them one by one until you identify the problem one.

A key attribute of QNX systems is that they are adaptable. Doing hard restarts set the system back to square one and any adaptations will be lost meaning that the condition will be repeated. Next time, just try a normal restart (hold power button down until red light comes on).
    Orbitor1 and Stump3r like this.
    07-08-11 07:34 PM
    Happened to me just now, had the PB only for 20 minutes, updated the OS and bridged to my BB and bam frozen. Had to find out how to hard reset and came across power+up+down.
    07-08-11 08:29 PM
    A key attribute of QNX systems is that they are adaptable. Doing hard restarts set the system back to square one and any adaptations will be lost meaning that the condition will be repeated. Next time, just try a normal restart (hold power button down until red light comes on).
    Now that's some good info right there. I'll have to try this. THANKS!!!
    07-08-11 08:32 PM
    Save yourself the trouble and simply do a normal restart in future. Hold the power button down. That's all. I've never had to do a hard restart.
    07-08-11 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD