View Poll Results: PB early adopters, will you ever buy another BB product?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!, No more BB for me!

148 64.35%
  • Yes!, I will continue purchasing BB items

77 33.48%
  • Already sold my PB and left BB

5 2.17%
    Better things are coming for sure.
    They are called apples, robots, windows etc
    even better things which is better than this better things you said. we are in the last phase of opening the bootrom. :-D then you all will be free bird. :-D
    enjoy your freedom from that day when i give a green signal. till then continue the rant here. ;-)
    thanks!
    -paul
    WeAreNotAlone and sad_old_man like this.
    07-13-13 07:09 AM
    Not only would I buy another, waiting for the A10 to replace my Z10, but I would buy a second generation PlayBook if they decide to make one. Our two PlayBooks still get plenty of use around here.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 07:32 AM
    Not only would I buy another, waiting for the A10 to replace my Z10, but I would buy a second generation PlayBook if they decide to make one. Our two PlayBooks still get plenty of use around here.

Posted via CB10
    I guess most of us aren't as fortunate as you to be able to drop 2 grand a year for a phone and tablet combo in order to get features that should have been there in the first place.

Posted from my ??????
    Cynycl, sad_old_man and Bdot-1 like this.
    07-13-13 12:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry loves folks like this, that will toss money at anything.

Glad you get some joy out of it. Most do not. Thus sales and marketing show they are a minority.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-13-13 05:38 PM
    Better things are coming for sure.
    They are called apples, robots, windows etc
    Are you saying the robots will be tossing apples out the windows?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-13-13 11:20 PM
    Have and will again, stop ******** and let it go, better things are coming.

Posted via CB10
    And will YOU be picking up the bill?

07-13-13 11:40 PM
    As an early adopter of the BlackBerry PlayBook, preordered it on April 17, 2011, I will decide whether I have gotten my monies worth from the tablet, not you. When BlackBerry crippled BlackBerry Bridge integration between the tablet and next generation smartphones they proved themselves incompetent. Application developers have fled from the BlackBerry PlayBook initially on the word from the CEO that BlackBerry OS 10 was coming to the tablet. Thorsten is out of his mind. BlackBerry has failed to deliver and it is only getting worse.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    I agree with you, my comments were directed at all the OP restricting who might "vote" and FanBoys that are stating they have gotten their monies worth out of the PlayBook and are saying "Hey I'm glad BB killed the PlayBook as they (BB) can fix "my" phone...

For me I feel I have not gotten my monies worth out of the product.

So far as Thorsten being out of his mind, I really think he was informed several months ago that the full version of BB10 OS would not be doable on the PlayBook and sat on this info so as to not affect the roll-out of BB10 OS devices and at the same time leveraging the whole "ALL PLAYBOOKS will getting a upgrade to the new wiz-bang-super-duper BB10 OS as a way of CLEARING WAREHOUSES of DEAD, DEAD, DEAD STOCK, or maybe he was hoping the value of the stock would drop temporarily so he or someone he could trust could buy up a bunch while the price was low.
    07-14-13 12:03 AM
    I think that still leaves out one group: PB owners who have no interest and will never have any interest in any smartphone whether they're produced by Blackberry or not. Probably not a large group, but I'm in it. Not expecting Blackberry to ever produce a PB2, the ultimate death of my current tablet will by necessity mean abandoning ship as a dead PB would leave me in the market for a tablet not a smartphone.
    sad_old_man, FF22 and Bdot-1 like this.
    07-14-13 03:21 AM
    Counting the few days left until the Lumia 925 is available from T Mobile. May or may not be as good as BB10. But at least it's not. BB.
    The 925 is only being purchased because the screen on my Bold 2 (9700) is broke.
    Using the work phone (iPhone5) as a temp workaround until the 17th release date.
    Currently eyeballing some Win 8 tabs to replace the PB.

I think the Win8 phone and tablet will be good together sort of like how the 9700 and PB were good together for me.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-14-13 10:30 AM
    I guess most of us aren't as fortunate as you to be able to drop 2 grand a year for a phone and tablet combo in order to get features that should have been there in the first place.

Posted from my ??????
    Your right my friend. Absolutely right! I am in the position where I could throw a lot more than the sum you mentioned at a phone and tablet combo!

Will I though? Well I'll be honest and say not if it has the blackberry trade mark on it!

I may be thick and I know my Z10 will work in the USA but I'm not taking it. Firstly because it's crap but secondly I really am not sure if BlackBerry will be around much longer!

Therefore I am waiting until I reach the states and will probably buy the new HTC one to use for the 9 months I'm there. I will accept suggestions from members as to a better phone but I have had BlackBerry phones for so long now it's difficult to consider anything else.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 11:10 AM
    Your right my friend. Absolutely right! I am in the position where I could throw a lot more than the sum you mentioned at a phone and tablet combo!

Will I though? Well I'll be honest and say not if it has the blackberry trade mark on it!

I may be thick and I know my Z10 will work in the USA but I'm not taking it. Firstly because it's crap but secondly I really am not sure if BlackBerry will be around much longer!

Therefore I am waiting until I reach the states and will probably buy the new HTC one to use for the 9 months I'm there. I will accept suggestions from members as to a better phone but I have had BlackBerry phones for so long now it's difficult to consider anything else.

Posted via CB10
    You've been sentenced to NINE MONTHS, huh. Will they allow you home with a gps-monitoring anklet?

I do hope you get out of Florida on occasion. When my parents purchased a condo down there, I unfortunately made the comment that "if I were to inherit property, a home in Colorado would be more to my liking!" Mom did not appreciate that! But then they did not appreciate Florida and moved back to NYC.
    07-14-13 11:58 AM
    You've been sentenced to NINE MONTHS, huh. Will they allow you home with a gps-monitoring anklet?

I do hope you get out of Florida on occasion. When my parents purchased a condo down there, I unfortunately made the comment that "if I were to inherit property, a home in Colorado would be more to my liking!" Mom did not appreciate that! But then they did not appreciate Florida and moved back to NYC.
    Ok so what's wrong with Flodira then?

I've looked on the map thingys and it's just there. It looks a bit like Wales that's stuck on the end of England. Ok so it's very small when you zoom out I think but I can't use the zoom thingy yet but it can't be that bad! Can it?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 12:19 PM
    Nothin', 'cept its about 3 inches above sea-level.

Colorado is a better bet for land inheritance... better drainage.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-14-13 12:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    We in the states are going to have the pleasure[?] of your company for nine months! We are going to have to stock up on brandy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-14-13 12:29 PM
    We in the states are going to have the pleasure[?] of your company for nine months! We are going to have to stock up on brandy.

If it's Ok with you I'll bring my own brandy. I've heard things about that place!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 12:43 PM
    No way. Not a chance. Might consider bb13 if it ever happens but that's a long way away. They screwed me over.

Sent from my HTC One running PlayBook 3.0
    07-14-13 12:43 PM

I've looked on the map thingys and it's just there. It looks a bit like Wales that's stuck on the end of England. Ok so it's very small when you zoom out I think but I can't use the zoom thingy yet but it can't be that bad! Can it?

Posted via CB10
    I do not like heat and abhor humidity and finally, there are NO mountains in Florida to wit:

"Britton Hill is the highest natural point in the state of Florida, USA, with a summit elevation of 345 feet (105 meters) above mean sea level."

Actually, I guess there is NO elevation in Florida.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-14-13 01:08 PM

Yeah, but about a 1/3 of the state just burned - well, somewhat of an exaggeration. But going there next month.
    07-14-13 01:09 PM
    BlackBerry products have been loosing their value pretty quickly. Yes, I'll buy a BlackBerry product but only when they're half the price they started with lol. Look at z10 now. Prices are ridiculously low now that supply is in excess and demand is low.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 01:13 PM
    I bought the PB at original price and bought a z10 shortly after launch

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 01:15 PM
    Definitely not another tablet unless they offer the PlayBook early adopters (Pre fire sale pricing) a substantial discount. I've also decided to instead of upgrading my kids BlackBerry phones to Z10's to get them SGS4. No reason to help out BlackBerry at the expense of my kids not getting the apps they want, or an easy to get them credit to buy apps even if they were available (where is the BlackBerry equivalent to the Google Play or iTunes card). This is going to cost them about $1500 in lost sales from me in the next three months and possibly $3000+ over the next three years, so hope the $699 they got was worth it!

Posted via CB10
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-14-13 01:19 PM
    I do not like heat and abhor humidity and finally, there are NO mountains in Florida to wit:

"Britton Hill is the highest natural point in the state of Florida, USA, with a summit elevation of 345 feet (105 meters) above mean sea level."

Actually, I guess there is NO elevation in Florida.
    The highest point in Key West is Solares Hill which is listed at 18 feet elevation and that is where the cemetery was moved after a hurricane years ago. Also the island has an area of 5.3 square miles. S_O_M is going to love it there. He is going to have fun going through customs with 9 months brandy supply.

sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    07-14-13 01:54 PM

Well dutch Holland is below sea level and look at the pretty folwerz they make?
    Attached Thumbnails PB early adopters, will you buy another BB product or not?-tulips-1.jpg  
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    07-14-13 02:07 PM
    Well dutch Holland is below sea level and look at the pretty folwerz they make?
    Oooppppssss forgot the folwerz.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    07-14-13 02:10 PM
    Oooppppssss forgot the folwerz.
    07-14-13 02:11 PM
260 ... 56789 ...