View Poll Results: PB early adopters, will you ever buy another BB product?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!, No more BB for me!

148 64.35%
  • Yes!, I will continue purchasing BB items

77 33.48%
  • Already sold my PB and left BB

5 2.17%
    I am sad because of the trust I put in this company. It deserves no loyal customers.

He may sell the company off soon and say good bye. well, you are close. He is successful in persuing the shareholders to agree with him that they change the name from RIM to Blackberry. if its so? well you get the idea right.
    refund? you are kidding me. go to sleep brother. you sound really sad.
    RIM or Blackberry is soon going to be extinct. like how behind every ship sink, its the captain who is to blame for, same here for blackberry formerly RIM. RIP RIM BLACKBERRY RIP!
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-11-13 02:06 PM
    Emphatically NO
    Burn me once shame on you burn me twice shame on me.
    07-11-13 02:08 PM
    Ever heard the phrase "Moving at the speed of technology"? I understand that many of you are heartbroken about the broken promise, but seriously, you're mad b/c a tablet released 2 years ago won't run technology 2 years later.
    The question is: Did the Playbook work when it was released? Was it supported when it was released? If so, then you really have no argument. The only expectation you should have had when you bought the Playbook is that it worked on the day you bought it, for what it was designed to do. Otherwise, I should be mad that my 1990s dvd player doesn't play blu-ray. Same argument. You're really mad b/c technology isn't future-proof.

But I do understand the argument about the broken promise. BUT, 1) Do you know how many android devices came out with the promise they would be updated from Gingerbread? Some never made it, but is there an android boycott frenzy going on? and 2) Verizon's been telling us we're getting our 10.1 update soon, too. If we don't get it is there going to be another riot? and 3) Everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure Heins didn't make the promise with the intention to let you all down. He made the promise too soon & had to own up to it. At least he didn't string you along for months/years. They actually TRIED to do it. He may be head of BlackBerry, but he's human. And technology isn't perfect. he set a goal for the Playbook, failed, let a lot of people down, and owned up to it.
    mk2234 likes this.
    07-11-13 02:11 PM
    Ever heard the phrase "Moving at the speed of technology"? I understand that many of you are heartbroken about the broken promise, but seriously, you're mad b/c a tablet released 2 years ago won't run technology 2 years later.
    The question is: Did the Playbook work when it was released? Was it supported when it was released? If so, then you really have no argument. The only expectation you should have had when you bought the Playbook is that it worked on the day you bought it, for what it was designed to do. Otherwise, I should be mad that my 1990s dvd player doesn't play blu-ray. Same argument. You're really mad b/c technology isn't future-proof.

But I do understand the argument about the broken promise. BUT, 1) Do you know how many android devices came out with the promise they would be updated from Gingerbread? Some never made it, but is there an android boycott frenzy going on? and 2) Verizon's been telling us we're getting our 10.1 update soon, too. If we don't get it is there going to be another riot? and 3) Everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure Heins didn't make the promise with the intention to let you all down. He made the promise too soon & had to own up to it. At least he didn't string you along for months/years. They actually TRIED to do it. He may be head of BlackBerry, but he's human. And technology isn't perfect. he set a goal for the Playbook, failed, let a lot of people down, and owned up to it.
    answer to first para:
    are you aware how then RIM now blackberry goofed up the entire process? they added rather kept adding one another another. object c, then java, then virtualization, then android runtime, this blah this blah that few more blah what what and many more blah blah blah and blah and adobe blah! something even with basic QNX could have been simple.
    But i seriously would like to kick the CTO right between his legs twice.
    Seriously what kind of an absolute 100% morons is he. and also i would like to kick the CEO twice right between his legs and also the chairman between the legs.
    What kind of an ***** will complicate things with tonnes of trash and garbage. if you are not into different kind of technology then i dont know how to explain this to you.
    OMAP4430 is armhf and its CA-9 or cortex arm family 9. and it still can kick MTK or qualcomm's snapdragon in the @ss left right and center.
    so its not QNX which needs a blame, its the management which needs not just a blame but a mass kick between their legs literally.
    if there is a word called over-complication then blackberry OS 10 is the perfect example. piles and piles of junk and junk and some more junk and junks and more junks. honestly even a 3 month old baby thinks smarter than the CTO of then RIM and now Blackberry.
    and if you want to play blueray in your old 1990's dvd player you can still play it by changing the heads, i mean the laser heads which reads it. but how about putting the VHS heads in a blueray player and then telling customers, OH you cant play blueray because the head is so outdates (1 GB BS LIE)!
    everyone makes mistakes but not repeated lies. and then lies and then some more lies and more lies and lies again lies and lies again lies lies lies lies again and lies again. screw RIM.
    i dont do android, apple, ubuntu, microsoft, so i cant comment on these.
    and then promises, oh geez. you are so gullible. you did get april fooled.
    after seeing so much sympathy for him? i must ask him is Heins your relative? Uncle or something?
    why so much sympathy/empathy/psychopathy/telepathy for that guy who thugged and bluffed and fooled all the blackberry playbook 10 owners. i also got fooled hence i picked up the hack blackberry playbook project and told myself 'Nuff said heins, 'Nuff
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-11-13 02:27 PM
    Believe it or not, my first personal BB was the original Storm. (Had used a Curve and Pearl for work previously). Anyways, I digress. I am not loyal to any brand even though I have used nothing but Blackberry for the past several years. I will continue to support BB any way I can, BUT if I decide that an Android or Apple or Microsoft device suits me better, then I will take all into consideration. I NEVER early adopt anything anymore. I did that with my Storm, but apparently I was one of the "lucky ones" in that my Storm was one of the good batch or whatever. I got my Playbook almost a year after it was released. Same with my 9930 and whatever else I used previously.

I was glad that TH said SOMETHING about his explanation of why he had to decide against BB10 on the Playbook, but honestly, I wasn't expecting BB10 to hit the Playbook, at least not on the current PB. Now, IF BB continues to release incremental updates to the PBOS as it is now, then I will be ok with it. What I am disappointed in is that there hasn't been frequent updates for games and apps that I use on the Playbook. It's like all development on the PB has completely stopped. I understand that BB10 was the focus, but still, it's nice if we could have SOME updates on apps and games from time to time. Though honestly, these days I have noticed that I have been playing games far LESS on my Playbook.

As long as Zinio and Kobo and the BB movie store continue to work, I'll be fine with it since I use these apps the most.

Personally, I will see how things go. I am not due for an upgrade on my phone until January 2014, at which point I will re-evaluate my phone choice and whether to stick with BB or move on.
    07-11-13 02:28 PM
    I am sad because of the trust I put in this company. It deserves no loyal customers.
    dont worry we have cracked almost the entire puzzle the only thing which is left over is? short the soft efuse and we are working on it. and break free Playbook from the clutches of blackberry formerly RIM!
    thanks!
    -paul
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-11-13 02:28 PM
    I'll only buy another Blackberry device if it has a functioning bridge with my Playbook. I like the Playbook a lot. I wish it had more of the popular apps, but it does most of what I want it to do. If the new BB10 phones won't fully bridge with it, then that's really abandoning the product and rendering it a lot less useful.
    I'm actually pretty glad that they decided that if they couldn't get BB10 working on it in a satisfactory way, they wouldn't release it at all. I recall when I got the 3G Pearl (9100) and shortly after putting OS6 on it. The OS was really a great improvement, but it left the device with so little memory that I could rarely open a web page or even run many other apps. If BB10 was similiarly hindered, then they would have had a big backlash. Do they have a big backlash now? Sure, but I could imagine that it would have been worse if they released a BB10 update that was sub-par.
    I really hope they get their sh!t together, because I like the Blackberry security, I've always liked the integration with my work systems, and I love the build and durability of the devices.
    07-11-13 02:30 PM
    @Jeremy Bivens

I think you've missed the point of what pissed off so many PB users. Nobody is saying that the devices should be future proof. The PBs were NEVER functional in bridging to the Q10/Z10, but many bought them on the PROMISE that they would be in the not too distant future, many who called Blackberry DIRECTLY to confirm.

In retrospect, it was a LIE to unload inventory on some of BB's most loyal customers. In fact, their public statement has resulted in German consumers being entitled to full refunds because PUBLIC statements were deemed misleading.

But I do think their BS has caught up to them in boomerang like fashion, just read this morning that a UK carrier is returning 1/3 of the Z10 stock unsold and will not be carrying BB anymore. Word is other carriers will follow suit. Also noticed at the kiosks here in Canada the price tags keep dropping and nobody seems interested anymore.

Oh, and two key executives have just left BB as well, including the guy who was in charge of the reasonably well received hub feature.

Well done Heins, I'm sure your parachute is golden though. The shareholders should have voted a name change to RIP instead of Blackberry.
    Last edited by Hal Cull; 07-11-13 at 02:47 PM.
    07-11-13 02:30 PM
    Clear and crisp, beautifully said. The defenders here will try to defend as if they own this company. We all want BB to succeed but the problem is with this kind of LIES the company can't last long.

answer to first para:
    are you aware how then RIM now blackberry goofed up the entire process? they added rather kept adding one another another. object c, then java, then virtualization, then android runtime, this blah this blah that few more blah what what and many more blah blah blah and blah and adobe blah! something even with basic QNX could have been simple.
    But i seriously would like to kick the CTO right between his legs twice.
    Seriously what kind of an absolute 100% morons is he. and also i would like to kick the CEO twice right between his legs and also the chairman between the legs.
    What kind of an ***** will complicate things with tonnes of trash and garbage. if you are not into different kind of technology then i dont know how to explain this to you.
    OMAP4430 is armhf and its CA-9 or cortex arm family 9. and it still can kick MTK or qualcomm's snapdragon in the @ss left right and center.
    so its not QNX which needs a blame, its the management which needs not just a blame but a mass kick between their legs literally.
    if there is a word called over-complication then blackberry OS 10 is the perfect example. piles and piles of junk and junk and some more junk and junks and more junks. honestly even a 3 month old baby thinks smarter than the CTO of then RIM and now Blackberry.
    and if you want to play blueray in your old 1990's dvd player you can still play it by changing the heads, i mean the laser heads which reads it. but how about putting the VHS heads in a blueray player and then telling customers, OH you cant play blueray because the head is so outdates (1 GB BS LIE)!
    everyone makes mistakes but not repeated lies. and then lies and then some more lies and more lies and lies again lies and lies again lies lies lies lies again and lies again. screw RIM.
    i dont do android, apple, ubuntu, microsoft, so i cant comment on these.
    and then promises, oh geez. you are so gullible. you did get april fooled.
    after seeing so much sympathy for him? i must ask him is Heins your relative? Uncle or something?
    why so much sympathy/empathy/psychopathy/telepathy for that guy who thugged and bluffed and fooled all the blackberry playbook 10 owners. i also got fooled hence i picked up the hack blackberry playbook project and told myself 'Nuff said heins, 'Nuff
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-11-13 02:46 PM
    I voted no as I do not think the A10 is going to be much different then the Z10, just bigger.
    The launch of the PB was bad, just like the Z10.
    I am also concerned with Thor. He worked under Mike and Jim and seems to be in the same bubble they were.
    They need fresh blood and ideas and I just do not see that.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-11-13 02:47 PM
    Anyone into software development will understand this. Even a startup small company won't commit to a client before knowing the hardware requirements and limitations. These are basics! BB never did any ALPHA, BETA testing? What were they doing for whole 2 years??? Never got a chance to test it on the PB? the funny thing is PB was being used to develop BB10. Even PB was used to develop BB10 apps before dev alpha devices were given out! BlackBerry can't assume everyone are FOOLS to believe their lies. I am sure CB is also supporting BlackBerry and will try to justify everything.

07-11-13 02:50 PM
    I laugh out!

Im as committed in buying the next BB product as the Ceo commitment to bringing BB10 to the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 03:03 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 03:12 PM
    I don't know what's worse, the Playbook Upgrade or when LeBron came to Miami!

1st, let me say, I've never owned a Playbook. I personally thought they weren't appealing enough for me, so I'm sure I cannot feel your pain.
    2nd, I'm not "defending" BlackBerry. I'm not a loyalist fanboy. I just got a Z10 a few months ago (and really like it). Was actually an Android/supporter user for years before. I'm simply providing another outlook on the situation.
    3rd, I think some of you are a wee bit too invested in current technology. I bought my Z10 b/c I thought it was a cool phone & wanted another option from Android... when I decide its time for an upgrade, I'm going to upgrade. Not burn the BlackBerry flag b/c it won't run BB12 or something.

Most of you simply want someone to say "I'm mad at that, too!" Since I'm not on the bandwagon, You'll say i'm wrong. But there is a difference between "I hate you, you're a liar" and "This is upsetting, it happened because...."
    07-11-13 03:15 PM
    Anyone into software development will understand this. Even a startup small company won't commit to a client before knowing the hardware requirements and limitations. These are basics! BB never did any ALPHA, BETA testing? What were they doing for whole 2 years??? Never got a chance to test it on the PB? the funny thing is PB was being used to develop BB10. Even PB was used to develop BB10 apps before dev alpha devices were given out! BlackBerry can't assume everyone are FOOLS to believe their lies. I am sure CB is also supporting BlackBerry and will try to justify everything.
    How do you know there wasn't? Just because YOU didn't test it, nor hear about any testing, doesn't mean it didn't happen. (I'm not saying it did, either. Just saying you can't say that with any certainty)
    07-11-13 03:17 PM
    I bought a playbook the day they came out. Used it for several months and eventually ebayed it in frustration.

I picked up another one a while ago just to use as a media display. It works fine for that.

And I'm typing on my Q10. So yes, I'm sure I will.

People are making a mountain out of a molehill. So a two year old platform isn't getting the latest version of the OS. It happens. Get over it and move on.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 03:21 PM
    I think the Playbook was great while it lasted. I actually think that it's just too slow now, and I wouldn't be able to enjoy BB10 so much on such old hardware. I never bought the Playbook in hopes that a new software would be available, so I can't complain. I'm looking forward to the A10, currently rockin the zed10.
    07-11-13 03:28 PM
    Never. BB phones are old technology with limited use and almost no apps. So I have no interest in any BB phone.
    I already sold one Pb 16gb and I am still keeping the original 64gb for which I paid almost 800USD. But most likely will sell that one too.
    I already shifted to Apple and I am very happy.
    If you want to see the contrast please take a trip to iMore forum and check the posts on Ipad4 forum. It is so boring there. There are so few things that do not work at full potential...

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD
    07-11-13 03:39 PM
    I purchased my PB early and love it. Does exactly what I need surf, e-books, neutron music while grilling, news app pools my favorite tech stories, great camera, scoremobile used for stats while my local HEAT were rippin apart the NBA. My Z10 is incredible, apps are smooth and plentiful, I find 1 or 2 a week to test. I like where TH is taking Blackberry, I see great things now and going forward.
    07-11-13 05:05 PM
    I also bought two PlayBooks on Day 1 (his and hers) and later bought another one at the $300 price point, partly because I've never found it to do anything other than advertised, and to protect myself in the event my primary PB fails, and with the underwhelming success for this device, to be able to have one when there were none to be had.

But look. I've had a BlackBerry since the 8100 Pearl (T-Moblie thanks me for being a customer for six years, every time I call them). But I outgrew it...had all sorts of memory shortages (even after doing a BBshrink) and it was a given that I needed to move to the new 9700 Bold. When OS6 came out, once again the 9700 wasn't up to the task, so now I'm on a 9900 Bold.

But that's what it's all about. PB's OS was a precursor to BB10 in the same way as OS5 was a precursor to OS6.and 7. And the older devices can't be expected to run a later OS version, no more than a Pentium-based PC can run Windows 7. Things move on, and I think that Heins was right, despite the original promise, to scuttle trying to cram a code set on a device that just doesn't have the resources to handle it...well, if not at all.

Now, what I would like to see is a more robust Bridge. I'd like it even more if one of the features for Bridge would be the reverse of the Remote Control now impemented, where the PB screen would mirror, much like the screenshare option in BBM, so that when necessary one could use the PB to make calls (via speakerphone or headset, obviously) or maniplulate the Z10, much like one can do with Citrix (if you're familiar with that application). After all, Heins has already hinted that the intent here is to make the phone the central, potable solution, and doing this with the PB would demonstrate that functionality. Besides, that would put BB10 on the PB...and one doesn't need BB10 to do a screenshare.
    raremage likes this.
    07-11-13 05:57 PM
    Not buying another BlackBerry device. -_-. I still use my pb every now and then. But issue is not that pb is less useful since not getting bb10 it's the principle. They continually lie to their customers. Theme builder 7, bb10 playbook.... and the list goes on... just sorry I bought my z10 b4 this.

Posted via CB10 on the amazing Z10
    07-11-13 06:05 PM
    Yes. My wife and I use our Playbooks all the time. They are still highly useful even without BB10 on them. Nothing has changed in that respect. I wish it had BB10 on it, but it isn't going to stop me from buying BB products. I think there are too many "Wendy Whiners" out there.
    If indeed they are many Wendy Whiners out there, BB is doom NO?! Unless you make up for the purchases.
    07-11-13 07:00 PM
    So when Blackberry declares that the current generation of BB10 devices lack the horsepower to run BB11, expect the same deception that the Playbook community had experienced. Since they had successfully managed to eradicate one of their product lines without much of a media whimper, I don't see why the same tactic would not work in the future.
    07-11-13 07:07 PM
    Believe it or not, my first personal BB was the original Storm. (Had used a Curve and Pearl for work previously). Anyways, I digress. I am not loyal to any brand even though I have used nothing but Blackberry for the past several years. I will continue to support BB any way I can, BUT if I decide that an Android or Apple or Microsoft device suits me better, then I will take all into consideration. I NEVER early adopt anything anymore. I did that with my Storm, but apparently I was one of the "lucky ones" in that my Storm was one of the good batch or whatever. I got my Playbook almost a year after it was released. Same with my 9930 and whatever else I used previously.

I was glad that TH said SOMETHING about his explanation of why he had to decide against BB10 on the Playbook, but honestly, I wasn't expecting BB10 to hit the Playbook, at least not on the current PB. Now, IF BB continues to release incremental updates to the PBOS as it is now, then I will be ok with it. What I am disappointed in is that there hasn't been frequent updates for games and apps that I use on the Playbook. It's like all development on the PB has completely stopped. I understand that BB10 was the focus, but still, it's nice if we could have SOME updates on apps and games from time to time. Though honestly, these days I have noticed that I have been playing games far LESS on my Playbook.

As long as Zinio and Kobo and the BB movie store continue to work, I'll be fine with it since I use these apps the most.

Personally, I will see how things go. I am not due for an upgrade on my phone until January 2014, at which point I will re-evaluate my phone choice and whether to stick with BB or move on.
    That's the thing though, initially there would be update for the playbook OS, instead they said they are going to make one major update bringing BB10 to playbook. Now they failed to bring BB10 to playbook, yet not a peep about the playbook original OS update. I understand it's not optimal for playbook to operate OS10, I can forget about it, don't tell me they cant upgrade the original OS on the playbook? A better browser? BBM, restore full function bridge, more languages for the keyboard? We asked the BlackBerry CEO if they're considering any sort of loyalty reward for PlayBook owners to help maintain the BlackBerry love, to which he responded it's something they have been actively discussing and considering. Really? Are they going to wait another 3 months to come up with a reason why they can't do anything about it?
    Is my ipod touch of 4 years old going to get BBM but my 2 yr old playbook not gonna? We are not talking about Skype or Netflix of which BB have no control. They can't blame this one on the app developer.
    anon(4044683) and ceccam like this.
    07-11-13 07:12 PM
    I still use my two Playbooks. Bought the first one on launch day for $799. After the price drop I got the second one and two more for my sisters. I don't particularly care about OS10 but would love to see it tweaked for performance.

If they offered a buyback I would not trade it in for any future discount. It's worth more than that to me. I will continue to buy BlackBerry as long as the company remains relevant in the industry.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 07:43 PM
260 12345 ...