maybe these are just expensive in Canada but 19.00 for the oem convertable cover is a steal for us.

playbook convertible - Walmart.com

oops well i hope the actual cover isnt that small , sorry
    jafobabe and crackman22 like this.
    01-19-12 09:37 PM
    Yep, just ordered this and the charger online. Still cheaper (with the tax) than on eBay or Amazon.
    01-19-12 09:54 PM
    I did the same. Good deal.
    01-19-12 10:16 PM
    There is another cover available, for $10 more, that has a strap to help keep the cover closed. That's the one I choose.
    01-19-12 10:32 PM
    There is another cover available, for $10 more, that has a strap to help keep the cover closed. That's the one I choose.
    Yes, it's called the journal.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    01-20-12 12:38 AM
    I've struggled to get an official BB Playbook Convertible case here in the UK.

When I did find one I had to pay over $50.00 to get it.

I've got to say, I was pretty dissapointed (for the money).

Theres no way to hold it closed, I was expecting something at least like the magnet in the iPad cover.

I mean, the BB phones have sensors to go into standby as soon as you put them into their sleeve, so I thought the PB would do th same.

I wish I'd have gone for something like the Incipio case. But they're silly money over here too.

Can anyone recommend a decent case?
    Last edited by MarlboroM; 01-20-12 at 01:34 AM.
    01-20-12 12:43 AM
    I am using Acase, it looks thin and flimsy in the pics but is very nice in use and cheap. Does not add bulk, does not block the bezel, ports are exposed when case is closed (camera, usb, chargers, hdmi, headphone), closes firmly (no worries of it popping open). I also thought the hooks might be issue when having the case open, but when I started using it, I actual like the hooks (my index fingers go naturally under the hooks).

I bought it from Amazon, but can't find it on Amazon at the moment, the Acase I see on Amazon are different. I have also seen this exact case being sold under different brands (blu or blue something.?).

Acase BlackBerry Playbook High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for for Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet - Wifi 16GB, 32GB, 64GB (Black) | CTCStore

here is the other case, there is also icon carbon book case that is same design.
    http://www.amazon.com/Blurex-Leather...bUvbUpU7047807

amazon link for acase, shows unavailable now.
    http://www.amazon.com/Acase-BlackBer...bUvbUpU7047807
    Last edited by z_scorpio_z; 01-20-12 at 04:31 AM.
    01-20-12 04:18 AM
    I just got the acase from Amazon for my husband's PB last week. (They seem to sell out quickly.) I, too, think it is amazing for the price. If I didn't already have a case that is "okay" I would get the acase for myself.
    01-20-12 07:57 AM
    My local Staples has both the convertible and the journal on sale for $20. I couldn't decide so I got one of each.
    01-20-12 10:05 PM
    I am using Acase, it looks thin and flimsy in the pics but is very nice in use and cheap. Does not add bulk, does not block the bezel, ports are exposed when case is closed (camera, usb, chargers, hdmi, headphone), closes firmly (no worries of it popping open). I also thought the hooks might be issue when having the case open, but when I started using it, I actual like the hooks (my index fingers go naturally under the hooks).

I bought it from Amazon, but can't find it on Amazon at the moment, the Acase I see on Amazon are different. I have also seen this exact case being sold under different brands (blu or blue something.?).

Acase BlackBerry Playbook High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for for Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet - Wifi 16GB, 32GB, 64GB (Black) | CTCStore

here is the other case, there is also icon carbon book case that is same design.
    Amazon.com: Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case With 2 Tier Stand for Blackberry Playbook: Electronics

amazon link for acase, shows unavailable now.
    Amazon.com: Acase BlackBerry Playbook High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for for Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet - Wifi 16GB, 32GB, 64GB (Black): Electronics
    Looks pretty awesome. Is it your first or do you have a comparison opinion you can share?
    01-21-12 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD