is there some way to hook my playbook up to my computer monitor?
    thanks
    11-10-11 12:09 PM
    Depends on your monitor. If it has an HDMI input you can use a microHDMI to HDMI cable without a hitch.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=_GnaKGhS
    jcp007 and kingzogofalbania like this.
    11-10-11 12:12 PM
    If your computer monitor has a HDMI input...... maybe, or you can try your TV if that has a HDMI port..... it works there too.
    kingzogofalbania likes this.
    11-10-11 12:13 PM
    If it supports HDMI, obviously that's simple. If it doesn't, you'd need a box to convert the video signal from HDMI to whatever your computer monitor accepts (probably some standard VGA type of connector and analog signals).

There are numerous past threads about converting the PB's output to VGA.
    11-10-11 12:13 PM
    If your monitor supports DVI that's simple too. HDMI is just DVI + audio, so you can get a HDMI-DVI adapter/cable for cheap. If your monitor is only VGA (15 pin connector, generally blue) then you'll need the more expensive converter box peter9477 was referring to.

Here's a picture of the 3 connectors: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumbla...8204Xv75eg.jpg .

HDMI on the left, VGA in the middle, DVI on the right.
    11-10-11 01:18 PM
    i already had my mini to hdmi lead so got a dvi-hdmi plug of ebay �4 pb to lcd monitor less than �10
    11-10-11 07:38 PM
    ...or search the HP online parts store... ...if you only have an older VGA monitor. part number NP031AA#ABA - it shows up on the HP store in google search.

...they sell an HDMI to VGA adaptor (I bought one it works perfectly), about $35 from HP Canada. I had read somewhere, possibly here at CB that some of these supposed connectors didn't work as advertized/claimed on different sites. The HP one does for sure. I've used it on more than one monitor.

The VGA cable goes from monitor to HP adaptor VGA end, the adapter has HDMI so all you need is an HDMI to HDMI mini cable. Done. http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/c...P031AA%2523ABA

Of course no sound (except playbook speakers or output the headphone line to an amp) due to VGA...

Cheers,
    11-10-11 10:17 PM
    I used a micro hdmi to HDMI cable with an HDMI to DVI adapter plug on the HDMI end to hook playbook to an older non-HDMI (DVI) computer monitor - works great.
    HDMI is really just DVI with audio.
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-10-11 11:34 PM
    I used a micro hdmi to HDMI cable with an HDMI to DVI adapter plug on the HDMI end to hook playbook to an older non-HDMI (DVI) computer monitor - works great.
    HDMI is really just DVI with audio.
    That is the longest sentence I've seen in a long time! Can you say that all in one breath? ... It made me DIZZY! LOL j/k
    11-11-11 12:20 AM
    That is the longest sentence I've seen in a long time! Can you say that all in one breath? ... It made me DIZZY! LOL j/k
    lol
    - I've done longer - I take a deep breath and use a snorkel...I am the king of run-ons and excessive adjectives
    Ok fine - a picture is worth a thousand words....
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-11-11 at 12:34 AM.
    11-11-11 12:26 AM
    is there some way to hook my playbook up to my computer monitor?
    thanks
    DVI I Male to HDMI Female Adapter Connector Converter | eBay
    11-11-11 03:49 AM
    Rocketfish at Best Buy has a 6 ft cable micro HDMI that we use in hotel rooms to watch movies. Only wish Amazon Instant Videos could be downloaded to my PB.
    11-11-11 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD