I wonder if interest is building ....?
    absolutely - there is a lot of power in getting one into people's hands to judge for themselves, especially right next to competing devices, instead of judging by the pathetic whining by PIM have-nots and stupid "tech reviewers" they have heard. Which is why I see the value of helping to keep the retail displays maintained and functional.
    08-14-11 06:45 PM
    I was in the Best Buy in East Madison and found the PB would not even power up,
    covered with old fingers prints and no longer in its own display.

But then I also noticed all the phones and some of the other tablets were also
    in about the same shape. (except the large Apple kiosk)

As a whole Best Buy is slidding into the crapper..

Tim

Ps, about 5-6 EEs were standing with their fingers up their backside.
    08-14-11 06:49 PM
    I was told that within 6 months I would have my reasons to return to Blackberry. Looking forward to the developments.
    I'm hoping that the 6 months isn't implying the delay on finishing the Playbook and more a timeline of something phone related.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-15-11 07:29 AM
    absolutely - there is a lot of power in getting one into people's hands to judge for themselves, especially right next to competing devices, instead of judging by the pathetic whining by PIM have-nots and stupid "tech reviewers" they have heard. Which is why I see the value of helping to keep the retail displays maintained and functional.
    At the moment the PB is the least functional of all the tablets. That may change, and hopefully soon, but other then its glorious screen, it doesn't stack up well at the present time. Most of those people don't know or care about the hardware, if they can't turn it on or don't see an e-mail or calendar icon they will quickly move on.
    08-15-11 08:45 AM
    I'm hoping that the 6 months isn't implying the delay on finishing the Playbook and more a timeline of something phone related.
    As I mentioned before he couldn't tell me a lot or get into details due to Rim's level of secrecy surrounding everything, but he did say that we should see great things coming regarding both QNX phones and PB improvements. Time will tell but overall he was positive about the new directions he was seeing at work.
    08-15-11 10:26 AM
    Yeah, I was talking to a bunch of RIM employees , and ex-employees ...and they were all happy to work there. It's not a internment camp, jeez....
    01itr likes this.
    08-15-11 10:41 AM
    As I mentioned before he couldn't tell me a lot or get into details due to Rim's level of secrecy surrounding everything, but he did say that we should see great things coming regarding both QNX phones and PB improvements. Time will tell but overall he was positive about the new directions he was seeing at work.
    There should be an abundance of goodies heading our way...Especially since RIM essentially handed QNX Software System's a blank check to hire Software Engineers the World over....
    08-15-11 11:23 AM
    As far as interest building, maybe it is. However, I don't think Sprint would be backing out of the 4G launch if the PlayBook's prospects were materially improving.
    don't bank on that one. They, as many other companies, may see things in a different way and through spreadsheet calculations based on their business model and the resulting decisions. Even if interest is on the uptick, they may feel it is not enough and, maybe, not in their best interest to continue down that road.

My local Bestbuy makes the Playbook look bad. Its at the end row and they have the Tab, touchpad, and ipad decked out with movies, music and apps to show off.
    We must be going to the same location it seems. lol

I went straight to the PB on Saturday at the local Best Buy only to find it stuck on Tetris. I had to reset it and turn on the demo video (set to repeat), set it down, and walk away.
    Last edited by bquinney; 08-15-11 at 11:30 AM.
    08-15-11 11:27 AM
    I heard some CrackBerry member went to all the Best Buys and demanded a better display...

Yes I'm referring to you BlackJack... ;-)
    That's right - I've taken my show on the road - who do you think was driving the rig at that truckstop!? And where do you think I've been for the last week?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ckstop-638093/

No Best Buy in North America is safe.

Side note... for those "former Best Buy sales people" and those who assured me that my display addition would be removed within minutes or I would be arrested for defacing or vandalism, it's still there after three weeks ...and so am I
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-16-11 at 04:11 AM.
    1rico1, southlander, 01itr and 1 others like this.
    08-16-11 03:58 AM
    Sure thing. This is one of the biggest issues with the PlayBook: it has the potential to be amazing. The entire concept of the PlayBook is built on "wait for it."
    RIM views the passage of time like God does on reflecting on the seven days it took to create the universe. To Rim, the "very near future" means within the century.

I am almost at the point of jumping ship.

RIM has a very short window of time left with me. Play with a HTC Flyer and see if you don't agree with me.
    PLEASE do walk the plank, both of you, and take your sour negative, non-constructive, non-humourous, non-entertaining, crybaby, complaining, impatient, boring, repetitive, tiresome, sarcastic attitudes with you, (nothing personal of course) and please don't feel the need to come back and tell us about it - as follows:

I already went, but ended up on the iOS side of things. My buddy from Rim said he doesn't blame me.

On a lighter note he is going to try and get me a 9850 to try out to see if that may bring back into the Rim fold prior to the QNX phones launch. I guess like with all things Rim these days I now get to wait and see.
    And why people feel the need to come back to these forums STILL complaining after swearing allegiance to another device escapes me....the grass can't be that greener on the other side if people won't just go away and be happy...

Also, being the open minded fellow that I am, I did try a few of the other tabs during my Best Buy visits - all I can say is BORING!
    Especially that HP thing...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-16-11 at 01:27 PM.
    Mojoski, TRlPPlN and dave_2611 like this.
    08-16-11 04:02 AM
    Also, being the open minded fellow that I am, I did try a few of the other tabs during my Best Buy visits - all I can say is BORING!
    So, every other tablet is boring except the Playbook?

08-16-11 05:29 AM
    PLEASE do walk the plank, both of you, and take your sour negative, non-constructive, non-humourous, non-entertaining, crybaby, complaining, impatient, boring, tiresome, sarcastic attitudes with you, (nothing personal of course) and please don't feel the need to come back and tell us about it - as follows:

And why people feel the need to come back to these forums STILL complaining after swearing allegiance to another device escapes me....the grass can't be that greener on the other side if people won't just go away and be happy...

And some people just can't avoid personal attacks either apparently.
    08-16-11 01:03 PM
    So, every other tablet is boring except the Playbook?
    That's exactly what I said.
    chiefbroski and dave_2611 like this.
    08-16-11 01:10 PM
    And some people just can't avoid personal attacks either apparently.
    Not a personal attack, just facts. Sorry if people take facts about themselves personally,

Besides I said "people" I wasn't talking about you specifically, just using you as an example. Sorry you are so sensitive, it wasn't meant to be personal.

I'm just sick of the cheap sarcasm and complaining and sour attitudes and not afraid to say so. It makes it unpleasant for everyone, is unconstructive and wastes everyone's time.. not you so much in this case but the accumulation of endless sarcastic comments and threads put me in a foul mood. Everytime I come in here lately just get updates on what's going on with PlayBook or to get a question answered I have to trip over all the "Whaaaa native email is taking too wong Wahhaaa" threads or comments...that are impossible to avoid.

I don't come in here to be put in a foul mood.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-16-11 at 01:56 PM.
    dave_2611 likes this.
    08-16-11 01:12 PM
    I don't come here to be be put in a foul mood either. I'm still here to follow up on the PB and the new BB devices as well. Just because I'm not currently using a BB does not make me a Rim hater. I still like the products and I'm looking forward to future developments. I am taking a 'time out' at the present moment. I've used nothing but Blackberry since I got my first smartphone about 7 years ago. My iphone is my first non-Rim device. And I look forward to seeing what Rim brings forth with the QNX devices as well as what they do with the PlayBook. I still think that tablet has a heck of a lot of potential.
    08-16-11 02:41 PM
    PLEASE do walk the plank, both of you, and take your sour negative, non-constructive, non-humourous, non-entertaining, crybaby, complaining, impatient, boring, repetitive, tiresome, sarcastic attitudes with you, (nothing personal of course) and please don't feel the need to come back and tell us about it . . .
    I think that I am constructive.

If a friend of mine was on the wrong path and making lots of bad decisions, I would point those out to him to try to get him back on course. Same thing with RIM. This is constructive behavior.

To go on and pretend that your misguided friend is still on the right course is just enabling. Why don't you see that?
    08-16-11 02:56 PM
    Not a personal attack, just facts. Sorry if people take facts about themselves personally...
    Using this logic, you have no place to argue that I or others should stop posting our comments regarding the PlayBook. As I see it, I'm simply stating fact when I say that the PlayBook "has the potential to be amazing. The entire concept of the PlayBook is built on 'wait for it.'" Therefore, sorry if you take facts regarding the PlayBook personally.

On that note, you really need to take a step back. The PlayBook is an electronic device, not your child. You don't have to take it so personally when someone comments negatively about the PlayBook. And as I've stated before, RIM is not your friend, so it's okay if people don't like and/or appreciate RIM. It won't make RIM care any less about you than they already do.

You get so worked up over nonsense that I have to wonder if you open and close the refrigerator door three times whenever you get something to eat, or perhaps flip the lightswitch on and off over and over again when you leave a room.
    08-16-11 03:00 PM
    I think that I am constructive.

If a friend of mine was on the wrong path and making lots of bad decisions, I would point those out to him to try to get him back on course. Same thing with RIM. This is constructive behavior.

To go on and pretend that your misguided friend is still on the right course is just enabling. Why don't you see that?
    Straw man argument - I don't consider anyone who considers the device to be perfectly suited to their needs to be "misguided". Your premise is flawed.

I don't think opinions like "the clock is ticking on Playbook" to be based on fact nor to be constructive.

You are not needed to save the world from PlayBook.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-16-11 at 03:10 PM.
    dave_2611 likes this.
    08-16-11 03:08 PM
    Using this logic, you have no place to argue that I or others should stop posting our comments regarding the PlayBook. As I see it, I'm simply stating fact when I say that the PlayBook "has the potential to be amazing. The entire concept of the PlayBook is built on 'wait for it.'" Therefore, sorry if you take facts regarding the PlayBook personally.

On that note, you really need to take a step back. The PlayBook is an electronic device, not your child. You don't have to take it so personally when someone comments negatively about the PlayBook. And as I've stated before, RIM is not your friend, so it's okay if people don't like and/or appreciate RIM. It won't make RIM care any less about you than they already do.

You get so worked up over nonsense that I have to wonder if you open and close the refrigerator door three times whenever you get something to eat, or perhaps flip the lightswitch on and off over and over again when you leave a room.
    Yes that's all great but is it useful and does it need to be in such a caustic sarcastic manner ,and do we have to hear it over and over and over?

I find it annoying and irritating and a waste of my time sorting through the uselessness of it as do many, sorry. I don't take it personally I just don't need to be put in a foul mood everytime I come in here for useful posts.
    dave_2611 likes this.
    08-16-11 03:10 PM
    Please don't get him riled up. We don't want anyone to create more PB-saving displays for retailers.
    08-16-11 03:10 PM
    Please don't get him riled up. We don't want anyone to create more PB-saving displays for retailers.
    too late... revving up the semi right now.
    08-16-11 03:12 PM
    too late... revving up the semi right now.

I gotta dig your sense of humor...
    08-16-11 03:13 PM

I gotta dig your sense of humor...
    Everything I've done or said has been in good humor - it's unfortunate that so many don't have one and take all of this so seriously and with such sour attitudes...cheers!
    08-16-11 03:17 PM
    Holy cow... are you bi-polar?
    08-16-11 03:26 PM
    Regrettably the thread has been hijacked by the usual suspects.

Closed.
    08-16-11 07:25 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD