Few weeks ago noticed the PB in the back near the netbooks --just a lonely demo with no display.

yesterday, two playbooks set up at the front end of all the tablets and another one within the tablet isle --definitely way more focus. Gone were all the HP touchpads (except for a couple).

And.. There were folks gathered playing with it.

I wonder if interest is building ....?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 04:59 PM
    That is good to hear! Advertising/marketing must be bumping up the money they are spending!
    08-13-11 05:04 PM
    just waiting for major corporations or governments to push the development of apps and acceptance within the regular consumer markets. when you think of it this is how blackberry became popular to begin with
    08-13-11 08:13 PM
    just waiting for major corporations or governments to push the development of apps and acceptance within the regular consumer markets. when you think of it this is how blackberry became popular to begin with
    I think I heared once in the news that Pb is the only tablet accepted with in the U.S. and Russian Government. Much more safer then ipod.
    08-13-11 08:22 PM
    I think I heared once in the news that Pb is the only tablet accepted with in the U.S. and Russian Government. Much more safer then ipod.
    Well then, we can all rest easy that the PB is "much more safer then iPod." That was a close one.

As far as interest building, maybe it is. However, I don't think Sprint would be backing out of the 4G launch if the PlayBook's prospects were materially improving.
    08-13-11 09:37 PM
    Just spent the evening with a Rim friend. Can't disclose much, but good things are in the very near future. PlayBook and OS7 are going to be "looked after".

I was told that within 6 months I would have my reasons to return to Blackberry. Looking forward to the developments.
    08-13-11 09:41 PM
    playbooks at the bestbuy i work at are on a display at an end cap so everyone sees them first, HP decided to buy an entire shelf so we have 6 of them on display LOL - some serious advertising by them.
    08-13-11 10:50 PM
    Just spent the evening with a Rim friend. Can't disclose much, but good things are in the very near future. PlayBook and OS7 are going to be "looked after".

I was told that within 6 months I would have my reasons to return to Blackberry. Looking forward to the developments.
    Where have I heard that one before?
    08-13-11 10:54 PM
    My local Bestbuy makes the Playbook look bad. Its at the end row and they have the Tab, touchpad, and ipad decked out with movies, music and apps to show off.
    08-13-11 10:59 PM
    HP just sent me $50 credit for their app store. The 800 pound gorilla is beating its chest. i wish i could use the credit on my PB :-D
    08-13-11 11:17 PM
    I think it was the U.S and Australian govs.

I think it is an IPad instead of the IPod.

Tim
    08-13-11 11:29 PM

Like one item in a few weeks and another just before DevCon maybe?

Rim
    08-13-11 11:31 PM
    As far as interest building, maybe it is. However, I don't think Sprint would be backing out of the 4G launch if the PlayBook's prospects were materially improving.
    Or perhaps when RIM heard that Sprint was entering into an agreement with Lightsquard for LTE, RIM decided that it's not worth the effort to make Playbooks with WiMax radios. And maybe Sprint isn't going to be so quick to announce that they'll be transitioning to LTE and jeopordize all of the new 4G Androids in the process of rolling out (all WiMax). Sort of like, maybe, RIM not wanting to tip it's hand too much about rolling out QNX in phones when they've got all of these OS7 phones rolling off the line right now.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-14-11 12:40 AM
    Few weeks ago noticed the PB in the back near the netbooks --just a lonely demo with no display.

yesterday, two playbooks set up at the front end of all the tablets and another one within the tablet isle --definitely way more focus. Gone were all the HP touchpads (except for a couple).

And.. There were folks gathered playing with it.

I wonder if interest is building ....?

I heard some CrackBerry member went to all the Best Buys and demanded a better display...

Yes I'm referring to you BlackJack... ;-)

chiefbroski likes this.
    08-14-11 12:49 AM
    Perhaps RIM is learning some lessons about retail; policing the marketing better.
    sleepergsr likes this.
    08-14-11 12:51 AM
    Nothing changed at the Best Buy's I go to with Brampton being the worst.

Do you know what I saw today? Apple, hp & Toshiba representatives at Heartland location promoting their Tablets & Notebooks.

Where's RIM? Let's just put PlayBook aside, they just released their Flagship Model, the Bold 9900!?!?!
    08-14-11 01:07 AM
    Can't disclose much, but good things are in the very near future.
    Sure thing. This is one of the biggest issues with the PlayBook: it has the potential to be amazing. The entire concept of the PlayBook is built on "wait for it."
    08-14-11 05:42 AM

RIM views the passage of time like God does on reflecting on the seven days it took to create the universe. To Rim, the "very near future" means within the century.
    08-14-11 07:13 AM
    Where have I heard that one before?
    Probably was right after...I believed scheduled 60 days for Native email
    08-14-11 07:35 AM
    Sure thing. This is one of the biggest issues with the PlayBook: it has the potential to be amazing. The entire concept of the PlayBook is built on "wait for it."
    You are right. And I got tired of waiting so I moved on. My hope is that Rim actually does figure it out and puts out "the" PlayBook update. Hopefully they also get the QNX phones out sooner rather than later and that the launch isn't an atrocity like the PB and 9900.

RIM views the passage of time like God does on reflecting on the seven days it took to create the universe. To Rim, the "very near future" means within the century.
    Yep. And the employees at Rim are feeling that even worse than us. Right now Rim isn't a real 'fun' place to work. But there are supposedly improvements being made and we the consumers should see the benefits of this within the next 6 months or so. I can only hope that is really the case.
    08-14-11 08:15 AM
    The US aspect only has to do with encryption. It doesn't impact the fact that there are already thousands of iOS devices in use by the government (I work at a US government lab, and iOS devices are very popular). RIM faces an uphill battle in the tablet space there.
    08-14-11 08:39 AM
    I don't think the playbook is going to make any kind of a come back until after it is finished or that "SWEET" update comes. Anyone that really wanted one all ready has it and a lot of those are getting frustrated waiting and waiting and waiting including myself. Yes being even later then a first adapter I thought that by now at least basic function would be on it by now.

The question is after all the goodness is finally on it is it going to be too late?
    08-14-11 09:16 AM
    I don't think the playbook is going to make any kind of a come back until after it is finished or that "SWEET" update comes. Anyone that really wanted one all ready has it and a lot of those are getting frustrated waiting and waiting and waiting including myself. Yes being even later then a first adapter I thought that by now at least basic function would be on it by now.

The question is after all the goodness is finally on it is it going to be too late?
    I am almost at the point of jumping ship.

I have been playing with a HTC Flyer and right now it is a much better device than the Playbook is. This is because it is completely full featured. You can do anything you want to with it. No need for waiting or excuses or schedules or promises. I also like HTC's custom UI because I hate stock Android.

Whatever HTC has up its sleeve for the Honeycomb-based 7 incher will be even better.

RIM has a very short window of time left with me. Play with a HTC Flyer and see if you don't agree with me.
    08-14-11 09:22 AM
    I am almost at the point of jumping ship.
    I already went, but ended up on the iOS side of things. My buddy from Rim said he doesn't blame me.

On a lighter note he is going to try and get me a 9850 to try out to see if that may bring back into the Rim fold prior to the QNX phones launch. I guess like with all things Rim these days I now get to wait and see.
    08-14-11 11:51 AM
    I think it was the U.S and Australian govs.

I think it is an IPad instead of the IPod.

Tim
    Actually is all three of them...
    08-14-11 01:13 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD