Anyone else use their Playbook Charger to charge their bb as well? I do and I find it charging 2ice as fast as the standard bb charger. My Playbook and Torch take turns charging and I use one while the other is charging but it depends one which I need more like my phone during the day. I find it easier than having to switch chargers if both are dead since the other socket is being used by my alarm clock. I use my Torch's usb cable as a transfer cable for both devices and the PB's usb cable still in the box and unopened. How about you guys?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 11:03 PM
    I do not think that is safe..

But if it works then it works.

If you read the output then you can see just why its faster but I always thought the BB would have some kind of Cap on power input..

05-12-11 11:08 PM
    Ditto using PB Charger for all devices bold 9700/9800 and even my at&t mifi
    05-12-11 11:13 PM
    ahaha same here.
    I use it when im in need of a quick charge
    Less then 50%, Fully charged with in 20-30 Min...Thats crazy.
    05-13-11 12:31 AM
    Perfectly safe. So says RIM. The charge times for my 8520 and 9780 have been reduced by almost 70%. The berry does get warm(According to RIM, that is normal) and you will not damage the battery in any way.

Cheers,
    05-13-11 12:36 AM
    Perfectly safe. So says RIM. The charge times for my 8520 and 9780 have been reduced by almost 70%. The berry does get warm(According to RIM, that is normal) and you will not damage the battery in any way.

Cheers,
    Exactly!!
    It does get warm..but mehh, what device doesnt :P
    and besides...doesnt the BB stop charging when its fully charged :S
    05-13-11 12:40 AM
    The PB charger is a quick charger for the phone. Only does the same in principal as what the Quickcharging dock does for the PB. Personally I have no issue with the standard charge times on either device.

It did make me laugh when the sales guy in Staples said to me the I needed to buy the quick charger so that it would be charged over night. I was thinking to myself that the standard charger best get it charged overnight.
    05-13-11 12:45 AM
    It did make me laugh when the sales guy in Staples said to me the I needed to buy the quick charger so that it would be charged over night. I was thinking to myself that the standard charger best get it charged overnight.
    Hahaha he did a bad job into tricking you to buy the product. What charger would restrict to charge a device overnight
    05-13-11 01:02 AM
    The Playbook charger looks to be the same charger as the Premium charger sold for the phones. Something to keep in mind in case you loose it need a spare.

Robert
    05-13-11 06:49 AM
    The Playbook charger looks to be the same charger as the Premium charger sold for the phones. Something to keep in mind in case you loose it need a spare.

Robert
    Incorrect, the PB's charger has a bigger volt or watts w.e its called and if you use the standard bb charger, it will be 2ice as slow based on personal experience so I wouldn't recommend it. Your it will charge through just not as fast as expected because of the larger battery in the PB.

05-13-11 08:35 AM
    Incorrect, the PB's charger has a bigger volt or watts w.e its called and if you use the standard bb charger, it will be 2ice as slow based on personal experience so I wouldn't recommend it. Your it will charge through just not as fast as expected because of the larger battery in the PB.

Are we talking about the same charger? Just looked it up on the Blackberry site and I see it now shows Playbook as a supported device.

BlackBerryPremiumCharger
    05-13-11 09:06 AM
    My playbook's charger is broken. Following RIM's kb to totally drain the battery, I went panic when the playbook wasn't powered up. I called RIM, and that's how I found up the charger is broken. RIM asks to use my bb's battery charge to charge playbook until they ship a new one to me. But, I just realize today is still the 13th day. I can still return it and get a new charger from Best Buy, right? Do you think Best Buy will replace the charger? I am thinking about it as it is faster. It takes about a week for RIM to ship it, and bb's battery charger takes longer to charge.
    05-13-11 12:06 PM
    Are we talking about the same charger? Just looked it up on the Blackberry site and I see it now shows Playbook as a supported device.

BlackBerryPremiumCharger
    No im talking about the current charger, you know the adapter and the usb cable.
    05-13-11 12:42 PM
    My playbook's charger is broken. Following RIM's kb to totally drain the battery, I went panic when the playbook wasn't powered up. I called RIM, and that's how I found up the charger is broken. RIM asks to use my bb's battery charge to charge playbook until they ship a new one to me. But, I just realize today is still the 13th day. I can still return it and get a new charger from Best Buy, right? Do you think Best Buy will replace the charger? I am thinking about it as it is faster. It takes about a week for RIM to ship it, and bb's battery charger takes longer to charge.
    They should but call them first to make sure before you go there to save time and gas.
    05-13-11 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD