OK, what am I missing here?
    gadgetier likes this.
    12-05-11 12:38 PM
    Weird. . . . . . .
    12-05-11 12:39 PM
    OK, what am I missing here?
    A first post.
    Ahhhh ha, a set up. Sneaky that gadgetier one.
    gadgetier likes this.
    well how bizarre !

sorry about that, I certainly did rite a post, must have disappeared just like my battery power!

anway I was asking for your opinions on cases for the PB?

a trivial question but thought Id ask before I decide which one to buy!

thanks, Lee.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-06-11 11:10 AM
    well how bizarre !

sorry about that, I certainly did rite a post, must have disappeared just like my battery power!

anway I was asking for your opinions on cases for the PB?

a trivial question but thought Id ask before I decide which one to buy!

thanks, Lee.
    Now we're gettin' somewhere; ok, the choice is easy, if you want real world protection for your PB without looking like you're carrying an armored humvee, plus appreciate the understated elegance and feel of genuine leather, then look no further then the BB Leather Journal case available on Staples web site for $19.95, which is a $40.00 savings.
    12-06-11 11:14 AM
    Thanks Alnamvet, I know Staples here in the UK doesnt stock the PB but I will look elsewhere to see if I can find that one.

Ive been looking at the selection On Amazon who stock quite a few variants.

Lee.
    12-06-11 12:44 PM
    I love my CaseMate Snap case. Nice protection and the built-in stand is awesome. Makes it so easy to use when out and about.

I unintentionally "tested" it one night when walking to my car and trying to fidget with it with one hand. I dropped it from chest high and it bounced on its side and landed face down on the sidewalk. The case got a scuff mark, but the PB was completely protected. Paid for itself and then some!!
    12-06-11 01:02 PM
    I love my Blurex slim leather portfolio case that I purchased from amazon.com for $25:
    Amazon.com: Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case With 2 Tier Stand for Blackberry Playbook: Electronics
    It's not bulky and it doesn't cover up the frame of my playbook like a lot of other inefficient cases do. Also, it allows you to "recline" your playbook in 3 positions.
    12-06-11 01:35 PM
    I have the plain old "Blackberry Convertible Case" and love it. It looks nice enough to sit in a board room (which I occasionally do) and is small enough to not be imposing. Plus it works good when I want to watch a movie on it or something like that.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=X6YSIIbB
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-06-11 01:49 PM
    Blurex all the way :-)
    12-06-11 02:15 PM
    The Sena leather journal case is a bit pricey but a fine piece of workmanship.

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : PlayBook Leather Cases for BlackBerry
    12-06-11 02:16 PM
    I have the incipio brown leather case. Looks like a Day Runner when it's closed up and has 3 stand positions. I got it for under $15 on Amazon.
    12-06-11 02:20 PM
    12-06-11 02:42 PM
    I use the BB convertable right now and have ordered this one...

http://www.amazon.com/C-E-O-Folio-fo...bUvbUpU6914866
    12-06-11 07:31 PM
    I use the OEM journal case, very nice
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-06-11 10:38 PM
    oem convertible however i take it out when i get home. i like it naked just not when its out in the wild
    12-07-11 12:13 AM
    well I bought this; Convertible Leather Flip Case For Blackberry PlayBook (similar as Blurex) and I like it a lot, it's slim and has a good overall finish quality, but I don't use the stylus that came with it (I just threw it in a drawer).

Since you're in UK, try browsing Amazon UK and I think from Amazon UK, it's similar to this >> Leather Stand-Case-Cover Guard For BlackBerry PlayBook.

I inspected both the Original BlackBerry cases, the Convertible and the Journal, I didn't like it & the finish quality just alright, you just get the BB logo (which I prefer a case w/o any brand name on it, I like it to be inconspicuous).
    ghostworld likes this.
    12-07-11 12:19 AM
    Anyone used or can recommend the playbook leather sleeve? Am just looking for a simple way to protect the playbook and screen when not in use. Or does it need more protection than what this case offers?
    12-07-11 12:53 AM
    My vote is for the Blurex as well. I have had mine for months now and love it for my daily commute. Great stand options with minimal bulk added to the device.

The protection is lousy if dropped though I must admit. I try not to juggle too much with my playbook but I did once and dropped it from waist high onto concrete and scuffed the corner of case and got 1 scratch on the corner under the case as well. Don't notice it much but did cause damage. Still a great case overall.

I also have a otterbox defender and if your afraid to drop it at all get that thing. Bulky but solid feel to device and great stand options as well.
    12-07-11 01:14 AM
    Anyone used or can recommend the playbook leather sleeve? Am just looking for a simple way to protect the playbook and screen when not in use. Or does it need more protection than what this case offers?
    The BB leather sleeve fits very snug, though not as tight as the neoprene case that came with the PlayBook. So, with the leather sleeve, instead of pulling the PlayBook out of the sleeve opening, I would push it out of the sleeve from the bottom. It's not a pain, but thought you should know.

The leather is good quality and has a nice pebble grain. Adds very, very little bulk. It's not padded too much and the only open area is the top. I'd recommend it if you're looking specifically for a sleeve.
    12-07-11 02:32 PM
    Thanks a lot for that! Am definetely looking for a sleeve, the less bulk, the easier it will be to take with me!
    12-07-11 03:39 PM
    The thing I didn't like about a sleeve is that you have to do something with it while you are using the PB. It becomes something else to hold or carry. At least the neoprene sleeve could be folded and stuffed in a pocket, not sure about that one.

I went old skool with my tablet bag, for when I want a little more screen coverage. The PB fits nicely in the regular sized Crown Royal bag, plus there's room for my stylus, headphones and screen wiper cloth. Sometimes my BB and a Mifi too... Now I gotta get my brother to drink a bottle of the Black. Actually, that just solved what to get him for xMas...
    12-07-11 04:11 PM
    Now we're gettin' somewhere; ok, the choice is easy, if you want real world protection for your PB without looking like you're carrying an armored humvee, plus appreciate the understated elegance and feel of genuine leather, then look no further then the BB Leather Journal case available on Staples web site for $19.95, which is a $40.00 savings.
    oooor, you can go on amazon and find a similar case (fake leather) for .52 cents.
    12-07-11 04:18 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD