I have tried two different Targus bluetooth keyboards with my PB. Both have the same problem. They will work fine for a few minutes, but then they will either disconnect or stay connected, but the typing will no longer show up on the PB. This is especially annoying in meetings where I am typing quickly while taking notes. It happens in Word to Go and email. I have found the PB + bluetooth keyboard combo to be unreliable in such situations, and therefore unable to replace my laptop for this simple task. I have tried bridged and unbridged; wifi on and wifi off. It doesn't seem to make any difference. I have also confirmed that there is really nothing wrong with the keyboards themselves. They work fine as bluetooth keyboards when connected to my laptop.

Amazon.com: Targus Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for Apple iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB WiFi and WiFi + 3G, iPad 2 with Smart Keys AKB32US (Black): Electronics

Amazon.com: Targus Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for Tablets - Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy AKB33US (Black): Electronics

Have others had this same problem? Has anyone found a keyboard that works very well and - most importantly - reliably? I really don't care about the extra function keys or anything beyond A-Z, simple punctuation, backspace/delete and enter. I am not interested in "chicklet" keyboards. I need something 80-100% full size. Is there an "official" blackberry playbook keyboard? (I vaguely remember seeing one awhile ago.)

Thanks
    06-20-11 07:27 AM
    I had the same problem with the Targus keyboard and it drove me nuts. I got the Vision Tek Candyboard instead and it stays connected reliably, and connects much easier, but it's not like typing on a full sized keyboard.....more like a smartphone keyboard with a trackpad on it.

It's not a great one for typing a document, but it does stay connected.
    06-20-11 07:33 AM
    I've an old official Palm bluetooth keyboard and it works perfectly with my PB. It has a few Palm function keys which as expected don't work. I have the wi-fi and bridge on most of the time too. The only thing it lacks is a � key other than that no problems. I get the red corner notification to confirm it's connected, it disconnects after a few minutes of inactivity or when folded.
    06-20-11 08:37 AM
    Try the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Magic mouse. Both work perfectly and never disconnect even after leaving them and the Playbook idle for a long time.
    07-08-11 05:17 AM
    Bluetooth and wifi both operate in 2.4GHz so they interfere with each other.

Final 802.11n standard has technologies that minimize interference --- that draft 2.0 doesn't. So if you have a draft 2.0 router, update your router's firmware.

Also don't enable wide 40 Mhz channel on your wifi router.
    07-08-11 11:13 AM
    07-08-11 11:49 AM
    I'm using a microsoft BlueTooth keyboard and the only time it disconnects is if I connect it and don't use it for 15 minutes or so... On the other hand I have to manually disconnect it when I'm done and can't just switch it off or it won't reconnect properly.
    07-08-11 12:37 PM
    Try the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Magic mouse. Both work perfectly and never disconnect even after leaving them and the Playbook idle for a long time.
    The Apple keyboard works perfectly, I have never had an issue with it. The mouse does work as well, however, you will not have any scrolling capabilities using the touch area. I would suggest an Apple Keyboard along with a Logitech v470 BT mouse. The scroll wheel works perfectly and you can get it in white to match the keyboard. Also, keep an eye out for the official BB BT keyboard / touchpad combo. Should be out sometime in the summer. Don't bother with the MS 5000 BT mouse, it connects but you don't get a cursor, complete waste.

Amazon.com: Logitech V470 Bluetooth Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks (Blue): Electronics
    07-08-11 02:14 PM
    I am having the same trouble with the targus bluetooth keyboards. Has anyone tried the one apple makes for the Ipad??
    08-15-11 02:14 PM
    yea i have ta apple keyboard for ipad (not the one with the dock) it connects and everything but the typing won't work
    12-18-11 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD